PS5 pre-orders start 9/17/2020

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I dunno about that. Feels like that would have left way too many regular joes who simply wanted a system (and ultimately got one) out of the loop. Everybody moves differently but I can say with 100% certainty that if Sony went the country club route and decided the only heads who could preorder where those they hand picked, they'd never have to worry about me personally dropping a penny on anything Playstation related again.
I dont mean it should have been invite only. I'm mean the whole process should have been for anyone to sign up to Sony's site and receive a personal link to buy 1 system. Still should be first come first serve, but atleast you aren't fighting a crashing site with bots buying 15 systems and shyt.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps

They should of said a shytshow:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

This makes me feel alot better about my Amazon preorder

denzel-relieved.gif

I think we good fellas

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I dont mean it should have been invite only. I'm mean the whole process should have been for anyone to sign up to Sony's site and receive a personal link to buy 1 system. Still should be first come first serve, but atleast you aren't fighting a crashing site with bots buying 15 systems and shyt.

:ehh: Still think that approach has a couple of holes but I get what you're saying. Limiting one per customer especially.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Only wanted 2 and then more came available. :francis:
Keep 2 for myself, 1 for my sibling kids. Now I’ll give each of my brothers one for the holidays as well.

Going through the hassle to make 200 on a ps5 seems pointless to me.
Too much risk for too little reward reselling really. Here if you got $830 for it that's less than $200 profit on eBay after taxes and fees.

If you sold it on FB Marketplace you gotta meet up with somebody you don't know and they probably not gonna wanna pay cash directly but use Venmo or PayPal. Maybe you sell on Swappa but fees and shipping still come from whatever price you can land.

All in all its just a pain in the ass. This is provided Sony doesn't come through with enough to meet demand. I plan to contact a few gamers I know and if nobody bites I'll post on my FB feed that whoever wants it can pay me system cost and tax and can get it since I know 90% of my FB friends in everyday life. If that fails I'll be home and I can just refuse delivery on the ones I don't need and somebody else can get them.

I really have multiple preorders because I want it day one and didn't trust Amazon to get it to me then.

• Dap
Reactions: MMA

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Too much risk for too little reward reselling really. Here if you got $830 for it that's less than $200 profit on eBay after taxes and fees.

If you sold it on FB Marketplace you gotta meet up with somebody you don't know and they probably not gonna wanna pay cash directly but use Venmo or PayPal. Maybe you sell on Swappa but fees and shipping still come from whatever price you can land.

All in all its just a pain in the ass. This is provided Sony doesn't come through with enough to meet demand. I plan to contact a few gamers I know and if nobody bites I'll post on my FB feed that whoever wants it can pay me system cost and tax and can get it since I know 90% of my FB friends in everyday life. If that fails I'll be home and I can just refuse delivery on the ones I don't need and somebody else can get them.

I really have multiple preorders because I want it day one and didn't trust Amazon to get it to me then.
Agreed. Only safe place to resale would be a middle-man storefront and what they will take off; isn't worth the effort.