PS5 officially has the biggest console launch month in US history

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
they were smart and had the inventory to meet the demand...my surprise is that there’s still that much demand for a switch...if sony had enough product to meet the demand I’m imagining the switch wouldn’t have outsold the PS5

its crazy cause i was kind of nervous for the switch for the first few months. It didn't seem like anyone knew what a "switch" was around where i was outside of gaming circles. I think animal crossing is the thing that pushed it into the stratosphere of popularity though and that just came out a few months ago.

i still cannot believe animal crossing did the numbers it did, never in a million years would I think that would be the biggest game of the decade

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Series X/S selling less than XBone is not good at all. :francis:

I wanna clown, but that ain't good one bit.

selling less than the XBone in your strongest territory is

tenor.gif

To be fair their console naming and game lineup was atrocious. But hey maybe things will improve in two years.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Switch has a really good shot at eclipsing 100m units and potentially being one of the highest selling systems ever

Incredible comeback :wow:

I won’t be surprised if the switch ends up being the most successful hardware unit for Nintendo ever. I can see it beating both the Wii and the DS eventually.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I won’t be surprised if the switch ends up being the most successful hardware unit for Nintendo ever. I can see it beating both the Wii and the DS eventually.

if it can beat the DS then it’ll eventually surpass the PS2 to be the best selling gaming unit ever unless the series s catches fire

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Why is the 'stock shortage' excuse only applicable to Sony? Nintendo is notorious for having limited supplies.

The difference between already having warehouses of inventory and using parts that have been on the market for 3 years and trying to create million of consoles within the span of a few months?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
giphy.gif

The divide between the hardcore online forum dwellers and the masses have never been clearer.

The armchair analyst on resetera swore PS5 was going to be a PS3 like disaster all year. :mjlol:

That’s what I’ve been saying though. Everywhere you go, on social media, on the news all you hear about is the PS5, sony didn’t even have to market this shyt it became a meme and that alone is worth more than the millions they probably spent on producing commercials and deals with Burger King.

The xbox isn’t really part of the pop culture lexicon