PS4 Pro Thread|FAQ, Price, Info

polo

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
aloha state
brehs i need a non fanboy review of this joint.. only from people who actually have it.. tv doesn't matter but it'd help

basically my issue is this.. i have a ps4 already and 3 years ago, i bought a top of the line (for reg. consumers, not $10k), 65 inch tv

so i can either just upgrade the ps4, maybe end up paying $200-300 when I sell mine... BUT IS IT WORTH IT ON A 1080P TV?

or i can go ahead and buy a 4k tv as well... which will cost me another 1k for something 65 inches, good quality, with hdr10... BUT IS IT WORTH IT FOR $1200-1500?

are the games running that damn smooth brehs? i know i can't tell on a youtube vid when my screen ain't 4k to witness the true difference anyway

so right now i'd just like an honest opinion on this being worth another damn tv in the house.. i mean i'd be looking to put a damn 65 inch tv in my bedroom to make space for the new one in the living room

I'm in the same boat as you (4K tv will be delivered soon tho), from what I hear even a 1080P tv will make the game look better. Something about the Upscaling. But correct me if I'm wrong .

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
brehs i need a non fanboy review of this joint.. only from people who actually have it.. tv doesn't matter but it'd help

basically my issue is this.. i have a ps4 already and 3 years ago, i bought a top of the line (for reg. consumers, not $10k), 65 inch tv

so i can either just upgrade the ps4, maybe end up paying $200-300 when I sell mine... BUT IS IT WORTH IT ON A 1080P TV?

or i can go ahead and buy a 4k tv as well... which will cost me another 1k for something 65 inches, good quality, with hdr10... BUT IS IT WORTH IT FOR $1200-1500?

are the games running that damn smooth brehs? i know i can't tell on a youtube vid when my screen ain't 4k to witness the true difference anyway

so right now i'd just like an honest opinion on this being worth another damn tv in the house.. i mean i'd be looking to put a damn 65 inch tv in my bedroom to make space for the new one in the living room
Breh, spring for a 4K LG OLED. HDR 10, perfect blacks, etc., etc. not for the pro, but for tv and movies. I have a Samsung 4K 10-bit, with HDR 8 or whatever it is and the LG blows it out of the water. OLED is the truth :wow:

The pro and 4K...ehhh. It's not really worth it. I played some "enhanced" games and shyt isn't that impressive. If you have a PSVR then maybe it's worth it. But right now, I'm not impressed by the pro. It's like a PS4.25. It's not what I expected. I am a PC gamer though, so take it with a grain of salt, but shyt isn't impressive to me.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I have a 70in 1080p set, and while I've noticed an improvement on BF1 framerates... I'd say the answer is no.

So far it's the same experience, nothing special. My boy has a 4K set that supports HDR however, and he says it's amazing. Said stuff just pops off the screen.

I was looking forward to using the 1080p/60fps streaming options on the console as well, but something is going on with my connection to where it's not even worth streaming because the quality is shytty.

:francis:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Breh, spring for a 4K LG OLED. HDR 10, perfect blacks, etc., etc. not for the pro, but for tv and movies. I have a Samsung 4K 10-bit, with HDR 8 or whatever it is and the LG blows it out of the water. OLED is the truth :wow:

The pro and 4K...ehhh. It's not really worth it. I played some "enhanced" games and shyt isn't that impressive. If you have a PSVR then maybe it's worth it. But right now, I'm not impressed by the pro. It's like a PS4.25. It's not what I expected. I am a PC gamer though, so take it with a grain of salt, but shyt isn't impressive to me.
How is it PS4.25 when it's like twice the power of the PS4? shyt just came out fam. Games ain't even utilizing it in the right way yet. U went in there thinking it was gonna rival ur 5K PC set up and there was nothing that Sony implied since the beginning that suggested it would come anywhere close. It's a PS4. Not a new console. I think it's completely worth it for a 4K TV from a console gamer perspective. Since it's more work put into the console than just standard 4K upscaling that happens with the OG PS4. Like I said earlier. The WiFi connection alone is worth it imo. U can stream 4K. It uses HDR. and there IS native 4K games coming for the console. What else is there out there for a 4K TV? 4K Blu Rays? The shyt has everything but that. If this ain't worth it for his 4K TV from a gaming perspective. What is? Damn sure ain't the One S. and I'm not sure if dude wants to spend the bread building a gaming PC.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How is it PS4.25 when it's like twice the power of the PS4? shyt just came out fam. Games ain't even utilizing it in the right way yet. U went in there thinking it was gonna rival ur 5K PC set up and there was nothing that Sony implied since the beginning that suggested it would come anywhere close. It's a PS4. Not a new console. I think it's completely worth it for a 4K TV from a console gamer perspective. Since it's more work put into the console than just standard 4K upscaling that happens with the OG PS4. Like I said earlier. The WiFi connection alone is worth it imo. U can stream 4K. It uses HDR. and there IS native 4K games coming for the console. What else is there out there for a 4K TV? 4K Blu Rays? The shyt has everything but that. If this ain't worth it for his 4K TV from a gaming perspective. What is? Damn sure ain't the One S. and I'm not sure if dude wants to spend the bread building a gaming PC.
Pro is the best place to play games. PC is typically YMMV and Xbox is a pathetic weakling.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sold my 2nd version original PS4 for $200 on CL this morning. I just wanted to get rid of it and used ones aren't selling for too much more.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Except LG OLEDs have very high input lag when you game with HDR on. LG has been tight lipped on if they can fix it because buyers are pissed. The rumors say they can't and 2017 tvs will address it.

Off topic: What do you think about the live action Death Note that they're making with Willem Dafoe as Ryuk?
The Netflix one? I'll watch it but I think live action based on anime is weird.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Except LG OLEDs have very high input lag when you game with HDR on. LG has been tight lipped on if they can fix it because buyers are pissed. The rumors say they can't and 2017 tvs will address it.

The Netflix one? I'll watch it but I think live action based on anime is weird.
Yeah the Netflix one.
I'm interested because I think the story is strong enough on it's own but they tend to screw these film adaptations up.
Im expecting Ghost in the shell to be complete garbage.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah the Netflix one.
I'm interested because I think the story is strong enough on it's own but they tend to screw these film adaptations up.
Im expecting Ghost in the shell to be complete garbage.
ive got a 4k tv, but want to put the 4k tv in the kitchen and a new one for the living room. is it worth i buy an oled? how much of a jump is oled?