PS4 Pro Thread|FAQ, Price, Info

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bro when the Xbox 360 came out. They completely shut down OG Xbox. All the people who bought it that year was fukked. I think they should push it back and just start from scratch with a new gen.
Xbox 360 was a new console/new generation.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Bro when the Xbox 360 came out. They completely shut down OG Xbox. All the people who bought it that year was fukked. I think they should push it back and just start from scratch with a new gen.
I think we're seeing a move away from the idea of traditional console generations. the diminishing returns of newer hardware isn't really providing the 'generational leaps' needed to justify completely changing the whole architecture. backward compatibility is obviously a feature gamers want, and what we're seeing with the Pro is basically an experiment on how that can work moving forward. because ideally 'backward compatibility' can use newer hardware to make older games look even better (like on PC)

the problem is at some point you have to abandon the idea of 'forward compatibility' (old hardware playing new games)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Xbox 360 was a new console/new generation.
Yes. it was. And the OG Xbox was only out for 3 and a half years. Think about that. and they just completely deaded that shyt when 360 came out. It wasnt like Sony who kept supporting and dropping new games for PS2 after PS3 came out. What I'm saying is splitting the user base ain't shyt compared to what they've done in the past. And they have ended a gen earlier than everyone else to get a head start before. So it's not that far fetched for them to try it now.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes. it was. And the OG Xbox was only out for 3 and a half years. Think about that. and they just completely deaded that shyt when 360 came out. It wasnt like Sony who kept supporting and dropping new games for PS2 after PS3 came out. What I'm saying is splitting the user base ain't shyt compared to what they've done in the past. And they have ended a gen earlier than everyone else to get a head start before. So it's not that far fetched for them to try it now.
That still doesn't change that the Xbox 360 was announced as a new console. The 360 didn't just drop out the blue on some unannounced shyt.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
That still doesn't change that the Xbox 360 was announced as a new console. The 360 didn't just drop out the blue on some unannounced shyt.
Of course not. What I'm saying is they can STILL turn around and announce the Scorpio as a new console. They can push it back and say they decided to push it as a new console rather than a simple upgrade. And there would be more than enough time for the public to get used to the idea.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, with the switch to 4K/HDR everything, I think it's time for a new gen...:yeshrug: No need to keep this one going because 1080p didn't really last long enough. This is perfect timing because 4K tvs are becoming affordable as hell The question is how long will 4K last before the next resolution upgrade drops

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, with the switch to 4K/HDR everything, I think it's time for a new gen...:yeshrug: No need to keep this one going because 1080p didn't really last long enough. This is perfect timing because 4K tvs are becoming affordable as hell The question is how long will 4K last before the next resolution upgrade drops
Nah, gens aren't dictated by resolutions. GPU, CPU, and RAM leaps are. basically, the 4K/HDR shift is just a way to get better fidelity and mileage out the current gen while working on the next.

Actual next gen leap would be graphics like this
giphy.gif

in real time

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Of course not. What I'm saying is they can STILL turn around and announce the Scorpio as a new console. They can push it back and say they decided to push it as a new console rather than a simple upgrade. And there would be more than enough time for the public to get used to the idea.
I don't see that happening at all :manny:

New consoles I can see in 2019/2020.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
brehs i need a non fanboy review of this joint.. only from people who actually have it.. tv doesn't matter but it'd help

basically my issue is this.. i have a ps4 already and 3 years ago, i bought a top of the line (for reg. consumers, not $10k), 65 inch tv

so i can either just upgrade the ps4, maybe end up paying $200-300 when I sell mine... BUT IS IT WORTH IT ON A 1080P TV?

or i can go ahead and buy a 4k tv as well... which will cost me another 1k for something 65 inches, good quality, with hdr10... BUT IS IT WORTH IT FOR $1200-1500?

are the games running that damn smooth brehs? i know i can't tell on a youtube vid when my screen ain't 4k to witness the true difference anyway

so right now i'd just like an honest opinion on this being worth another damn tv in the house.. i mean i'd be looking to put a damn 65 inch tv in my bedroom to make space for the new one in the living room