PS4 Pro Thread|FAQ, Price, Info

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can get a 500GB PS4 Slim for £180 with Battlefield 1, or a PS4 Pro for £300 (hook up from a friend) i.e. the Slim is 60% of the price of the Pro.
Am I taking an L by buying the slim? I have a 32" 1080p TV with no interest in upgrading any time soon, my current space is suitable for 32" but I could push it to 40". However, I won't upgrade TV until I move house and can go 50"+, 4K and proper HDR (10bit).
I prefer games like Bloodborne/Dark Souls, Witcher 3 etc., none of which are getting a Pro patch. I've got my eyes on Nioh that will be optimised for the Pro. I understand that all future titles will have a Pro mode and tbh, the thought of Red Dead Redemption 2 down sampled to 1080p or in 4K is exciting.

Is the slim a bad deal at this point in the console generation?
The price of each isn't a problem, I'm just looking at it from a value for money perspective.
Just get a Pro. You'll kick yourself when upcoming games come out and look much better on the Pro and you already bought a Slim. For £120 more you're future proofed. You'll spend more later if you want to upgrade so it's smarter to just get the Pro now.

Edit: it's a no brainer I wasn't even thinking about things like:

You get a 1TB HD instead of 500GB
1080P Remote Play/Share Play and enhanced wifi
4K Media Streaming
stabler performance/enhanced performance

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
+ Jason Connell on November 4th, 2016 at 1:19 pm said:

As a note that I forgot to mention in the blog post above – we did include a performance option. You can choose either “Better Frame Rate” or “Higher Resolution” with the default being the higher resolution option.
This is regards for infamous second Son/First Light. The game already had a unlocked fps so I'm guessing it can touch rim more now.

Hrcules

ayyy
Daps
Also if anyone can help me out, incase i sell my ps4 how do i save my files and shyt? just upload them to the online storage? i have no external drive

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
should i even bother getting a pro with this tv then? didn't know i had a POS 4k tv lmao

It's supposed to look better regardless so I say go for it brah. Personally I can't buy something and know there is a better version on shelves :manny:

Our tv sucks for 4K IMO tho... Can you even tell the difference?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Also if anyone can help me out, incase i sell my ps4 how do i save my files and shyt? just upload them to the online storage? i have no external drive
From what I read, supposedly you can use an Ethernet cable to transfer everything from your PS4 to PS4Pro

Hrcules

ayyy
Daps
It's supposed to look better regardless so I say go for it brah. Personally I can't buy something and know there is a better version on shelves :manny:

Our tv sucks for 4K IMO tho... Can you even tell the difference?
Well since ive never played any 4k content on mine i dont know for sure. Is a real bummer that its a shyt 4k tv tho. Looked amazing on display at best buy

Frauds

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ps4 vs ps4 pro 4k downscaled image in photoshop.

ps4vsproq5um6.png