PS4 Pro Thread|FAQ, Price, Info

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Since a PS4 Pro slipped through the cracks. Here's pics for those still wondering whether you can switch the hard drive out.

3C4ARVh.jpg

GTGpRye.jpg

FyuSoKH.jpg

KjZji8J.jpg

wBpOokN.jpg

mE0ifDd.jpg

EDIT: Guy who has it says it's "very quiet, only makes noise when it first reads a disc for a couple seconds, and a little during install."

Last edited:

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
Since a PS4 Pro slipped through the cracks. Here's pics for those still wondering whether you can switch the hard drive out.

3C4ARVh.jpg

GTGpRye.jpg

FyuSoKH.jpg

KjZji8J.jpg

wBpOokN.jpg

mE0ifDd.jpg

EDIT: Guy who has it says it's "very quiet, only makes noise when it first reads a disc for a couple seconds, and a little during install."

:russ:

Looks like thet intentionally made it harder to mod for 3.5s

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps

3C4ARVh.jpg

GTGpRye.jpg

FyuSoKH.jpg

KjZji8J.jpg

wBpOokN.jpg

mE0ifDd.jpg

:dahell: of course it's pretty quiet it's brand new.

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:dahell: of course it's pretty quiet it's brand new.

:manny: Some were expecting it to sound like a jet engine out the box because of the PSU wattage. Which I think is 310w compared to the OG PS4 250w.

New PS4 Pro FAQ
Q: What type of buttons are on the front of PS4 Pro?
The buttons are mechanical.
Q: Is there anything else I should know if I own both PS VR and PS4 Pro, and a 4K TV?
If you’re playing a normal, non-VR game on your PS4 Pro, PS VR’s Processor Unit will output a 4K signal to a 4K TV — but in the YUV420 format only. The Processor Unit does not support HDR pass-through, so you will need to plug your PS4 Pro directly into your TV (bypassing the Processor Unit) to view HDR content.
Q: Can I use my PS4 Pro as a “second” primary account?
No, you can only choose one PS4 device to be your primary account.
Q: Can I install a new hard drive in my PS4 Pro?
Yes. As with both models of the standard PS4, you can replace PS4 Pro’s stock 1TB, 5400RPM hard drive relatively quickly and easily using just a Phillips head screwdriver. You will need to select a 2.5’’ (laptop PC sized) hard drive that is no more than 9.5mm thick.
Q: Are there any other changes to PS4 Pro’s hard drive interface?

Yes, PS4 Pro supports the faster SATA-III specification.
Q: Do 4K TVs suffer from increased input lag?
Not necessarily, but the phenomenon known as “input latency” or “input lag” may be an important consideration if you are considering buying a new TV to be used with gaming. The amount of latency differs by TV.
Many TVs feature a “Game Mode” or the like in order to reduce this latency as much as possible, but this performance can vary (e.g. by deactivating special features like HDR). If possible, try to test out a new TV before buying it, connecting your PS4 or PS4 Pro to get a sense of its overall gaming performance. In-depth professional reviews or user reviews can also be valuable.
Q: Can I use an external HDD with PS4 Pro?
As with the standard PS4, PS4 Pro does not support external HDDs for storing game files, but you can use it for storing a system backup, media storage, or save files.
Q: Does PS4 Pro support rendering in full, native 4K?
Yes. While PS4 Pro supports outputting a native 4K signal, many developers are leveraging powerful rendering technologies including a process called “checkerboard rendering” to best balance the heightened clarity of a native 4K signal with other rich graphical features and a smooth performance profile.

Last edited:

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
One week to go. :banderas:

I see BF1 has a pro patch, but they haven't said what's in it yet.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just as the drool begins to pool in my mouth, the 4K HDR switch gets flicked, and I have to swallow. All of a sudden, I spot so many subtle details, as if somebody has cleared a blob of Vaseline from my eye. The individual stitching in Aloy's eccentric clothing pops out, and the wider spectrum of colour reveals that she has the sort of pinkish hue that George Costanza might go for. The strands of her hair go from amorphous clumps to bands of strands, and the rocky outcrop behind me changes from what I assumed was a cliff polished to nothingness by centuries of rain to a pock-marked surface popping with cracks and grit.

Impressed, I turn my scrutiny from the micro to the macro. We make a quick pan to the sun, which moments ago was offering par-for-the-course lens flare;now there are God rays slashing toward the camera through a sea of cumulonimbi of much richer depth. I physically get out of my chair and plant my face against the screen and.... yep, I'll be damned... though they have absolutely no business being animated, the wind is gently tussling the leafy canopy of a mountain a number of kilometres away. I can also just make out flocks of robobirds out in that wild blue yonder, and there's even a distant valley featuring a stray tallneck plodding about (think: a Dinobot version of a brontosaurus, but with the saucer part of the USS Enterprise for a head).

A few days ago, I flew all the way to this London “Future of Play” event with one thought in my head: my current PS4 and my you-beaut 1080p telly give me what I need: how much better could this new business really be?

Today, I'm going home with a different thought: How can I legally get away with selling one of my children to acquire a PS4 Pro and a 4K TV? Because it has to happen.
Zero doubt: Horizon is THE system-seller for PS4 Pro and 4K TV | finder.com.au

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
breh i been playing 4k games via my pc for over a year, been watching netflix 4k, got 4k blurays so what are you talking about?
what does any of that have to do with "people PAID to be in the GAMING industry"? until this point 4K hasn't been relevant to their line of work

PC is a different story. there's 1440p, 21:9, 4K, 5K, etc. but never the less a 4K HDR "TV" hasn't been particularly relevant to PC gamers either

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what does any of that have to do with "people PAID to be in the GAMING industry"? until this point 4K hasn't been relevant to their line of work

PC is a different story. there's 1440p, 21:9, 4K, 5K, etc. but never the less a 4K HDR "TV" hasn't been particularly relevant to PC gamers either
yet myself and many others on this board have been gaming in 4k on 4ktv's for over a year.

so yeah, its a little crazy to me coli members have 4k tv's when gaming professionals don't