PS4 Pro Thread|FAQ, Price, Info

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
isnt titanfall 2 at 30fps ? so what is u sayin breh ? is this shyt worth it or not cuz ima bout to go in on u nikkas...yall hypin up a sometimey ass console ? sometimes it will sometimes it wont ?
TF2 is 60fps on all consoles(That doesn't mean it's locked, it means 60fps is the max but there's most likley drops here and there throughout the game.)

The resolution is lower than 1080P on both the regular PS4 and XB1(s too)

. On PS4 Pro, the resolution is higher than 1080P and there will be less drops/stabler FPS.

What I answered to the guy was that the PS4 Pro doesn't mean it's automatically going to be 60fps for all games that were 30fps. Every game is developed differently and some games are CPU bound which means it'd need a completely newer and faster CPU to run at 60fps but the reason the Pro didn't have a new CPU was because it'd possibly break older games which would then require devs going back and having to check all their games and that takes time.

That'd mean you'd end up having games that probably won't work until it gets a patch so instead of going through that, they just maxed out the CPU speed as much as it can without breaking anything. If they changed CPUs, you'd have a situation like how some games need to get patched to work for the XB1's BC. This was confirmed by an actual developer and the guy who actually created the PS4 and ps4 pro.

The Graphics in the PS4 Pro is double the power of the OG PS4 so gams will look WAY cleaner, have more graphical effects and whatnot.

Here's a list of 4K native games on the Pro

- The Last Of Us Remastered (Native 4K@30FPS with the best shadows)
- Smite (Native 4K@60FPS)
- The Elder Scroll Online (Native 4K@30FPS)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition Edition (Native 4K@30FPS)
- Mantis Burn Racing (Native 4K@60FPS / Native 4K@30FPS for 4 player split-screen)
- Wheels of Aurelia (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Futuridium EP Deluxe (Native 4K@60FPS)
- forma.8 (Native 4K@60FPS + 8xMSAA )
- Rez Infinite (Native 4K@60FPS)
- Hustle Kings (Native 4K)
- Thumper (Native 4K)
- NBA 2K17 (Native 4K@60FPS + HDR)
- Bound (Native 4K@60FPS + MSAA x2 upscaled from MSAAx8 in normal gameplay / in VR mode: rendering to 4K internal screen which is then supersampled to 1080P display in PSVR + new effects like volumetric lights + sharper shadows)
- Viking Squad (Native 4K@60FPS).
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 (Native 4K@60FPS)

Even the games that's not 4K which have been seen by journalists are said to look very impressive which use a variety of rendering/upscaling techniques to make it look really really good,far better than 1080P.

Some games will have different modes to select like Mass Effect 4

:\"Mass Effect Andromeda has two very different strategies. They have checkerboard for 4K and they have a separate mode for high quality graphics at 1080p."

That's not even including the other improvements the pro offers(like 1080p/60fps streaming, improved wifi, improved remote play, sata 3 connector etc.)

So in a nutshell, this isn't a "sometimey" console. it'll be the best console on the market when it launches in terms of straight up power and efficiency.

Last edited:

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Use a flash drive or if you have PS+ use that. I have 2 PS4s and I use PS+ to transfer saves between them.

PSN+ lets you save 500 GB to the cloud ? :patrice:

I might go with the backup to HDD method I have a few HDDs laying around

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
At 5 feet away from a 4K TV, the difference in Horizon: Zero Dawn and Days Gone was stunning. At 10 feet, they still looked noticeably better. Admittedly, I have 20/20 eyesight and review products for a living, but it was enough to make me consider trading in my existing PS4 for a PS4 Pro.

And even on a standard HDTV, one with a 1920x1080p resolution, the checkerboard technique (combined with supersampling, where a game is rendered at a higher resolution and then shrunk down to a lower one) greatly improved the quality. Lara Croft's hair, and the tree branches around her, didn't shimmer nearly as much. Old PS4 games looked like they'd been remastered once checkerboard rendering and supersampling were turned on.

It was as if a pair of dirty goggles had been lifted from my eyes. I could see them now. The only difference: the game was running on a $400 PlayStation 4 Pro, instead of the regular $300 PlayStation 4 game console.

Why would anyone pay $100 more to play the same games? That's a question I asked, too. (In case you're not aware, the PlayStation 4 Pro won't have any new, exclusive titles.)
How the PS4 Pro made me a believer

Even supersampled bullshots downsampled to 1080P look glorious.

horizon45csr2.png

horizon5bbsfc.png

The game will look better in person even on a 1080P TV. :blessed:

Last edited:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
PSN+ lets you save 500 GB to the cloud ? :patrice:

I might go with the backup to HDD method I have a few HDDs laying around

LOL nah breh. You back up your "game saves" to the cloud, which takes up virtually no space. Also your game download/buying history is on PSN, you just need to re-download your digital games from PSN.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Will current games be in 4k or will you have to buy the pro version of each game? I'm not understanding how this works :flabbynsick:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Knack Pro :blessed:

The PS4 Pro, as explained by the man who designed it

Near the end of the meeting, Cerny pulled up Knack, his PS4 launch title, side by side on two HDTVs. One game was running on a PS4 Pro and the other on a standard PS4. The differences were obvious: The PS4 Pro resolved cleaner lines and animations while the standard PS4 scene had more noise, particularly in detailed areas and backgrounds.

Cerny started with the Pro, picking up the controller and saying, "So if we look at the scene, again, it's very clean, smooth. But if I were to do this on -- " he switched to the PS4 TV and sighed. "Look at all the moiré, or all of the shimmery noise in the distance. And this is what we see when we play games on an HDTV and we've learned to ignore it."

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Is this worth it if you don't have a 4k TV?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is this worth it if you don't have a 4k TV?
Yep.

• 4k support for games *some native, some via fancy upscaling/rendering*
  • All pro games will run in 1080p resolution minimum, with PS4 or higher framerates, some will even run in a higher resolution (supersample) and/or with more graphical effects.
  • 1080p60 RemotePlay/SharePlay
  • Will support 1080p video at 60 frames per second for broadcasting
  • 4K screenshots
  • Netflix 4k support
  • Enhanced support for PSVR (higher resolution and/or more graphical effects)
  • 5GHz Wi-Fi. support* for PS4 Slim and PS4 pro*
  • Support for SATA Rev.3