PS4 Pro Thread|FAQ, Price, Info

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
have they confirmed this, and/or shown how it's done?

Not shown how it's done yet but it's been confirmed by Mark Cerny. Drive bay seems to be located at the rear now if you look closely at pics.

illadope

きんが
Daps
Yes.

Now I dunno if all the data will transfer over. You might have to reformat it, not 100% sure

This will not work, each harddrive is bound to whatever ps4 its in so youll have to reformat and all that shyt for the existing drive to work.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This will not work, each harddrive is bound to whatever ps4 its in so youll have to reformat and all that shyt for the existing drive to work.

Figured that. Thats gonna suck redownloading shyt. Def upgrading my hard drive to a sata3 too

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
So are you saying is that I can remove my og ps4 with a 2TBHDD and replace to PS4 Pro?

Yes. But the PS4 Pro will reformat the drive. So everything you had on that drive will have to be downloaded again. You can do an ethernet PS4 to PS4 Pro transer but that won't benefit you if you're trying to use the same drive you had on your PS4.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yes. But the PS4 Pro will reformat the drive. So everything you had on that drive will have to be downloaded again. You can do an ethernet PS4 to PS4 Pro transer but that won't benefit you if you're trying to use the same drive you had on your PS4.

I currently have a 500GB ssd in my OG PS4. Gonna pull that out and put the stock back in and move that SSD to my laptop. Will get a fresh Sata3 SSD for the Prostation.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Ahh I see. I guess I have to download again.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
But surely x86 is a great leveller? Surely upgrading the CPU shouldn't make a difference - after all, it doesn't on PC. It simply makes things better, right? Sony doesn't agree in terms of a fixed platform console.

"Moving to a different CPU - even if it's possible to avoid impact to console cost and form factor - runs the very high risk of many existing titles not working properly," Cerny explains. "The origin of these problems is that code running on the new CPU runs code at very different timing from the old one, and that can expose bugs in the game that were never encountered before."

This is why so many of the PC ports this gen start out being trash before getting patched.

illadope

きんが
Daps
Took 18 hours for a 500 gig to transfer. I can only image how much 2TB's is gonna take :(