PS4 Pro Thread|FAQ, Price, Info

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
breh don't nobody give a fukk about no 4K movies fam.

When u go to Gamestop or Bestbuy ain't nobody buying movies fam i was there black friday wasn't a single dude in the movie aisle checkin for shyt. I briefly walked past some blassic Miyazaki films, picked up the box and then chuckled to myself "hehe Kamikaze would probably buy this." I put the box back in the wrong spot and dipped, nobody even cared son

:wow: some of the only shyts that would be worth copping

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Completely new to this generation might fuk around and cop the pro as it seems a huge upgrade to the og ps4. With that said what on earth would be the need for sony releasing a ps5 within anything short of 20 years? :jbhmm:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Completely new to this generation might fuk around and cop the pro as it seems a huge upgrade to the og ps4. With that said what on earth would be the need for sony releasing a ps5 within anything short of 20 years? :jbhmm:
It's not a huge upgrade (Its an update in response to 4K), and in 20 years Sony will have released at least 3 more consoles. (If traditional console gaming last that long, which I have my doubts)
IF Scorpio is anything Microsoft is gassing it up to be (And price will be a MAJOR factor) then Sony will have to respond to it. (Sony stans will counter this statement with global PS4 sales but the fact will remain that they aren't going to sit back and leave XBOX unchallenged.)

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
It's not a huge upgrade (Its an update in response to 4K), and in 20 years Sony will have released at least 3 more consoles. (If traditional console gaming last that long, which I have my doubts)
IF Scorpio is anything Microsoft is gassing it up to be (And price will be a MAJOR factor) then Sony will have to respond to it. (Sony stans will counter this statement with global PS4 sales but the fact will remain that they aren't going to sit back and leave XBOX unchallenged.)

If sony responds to it with a new console they better offer trade ins :hubie:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
If sony responds to it with a new console they better offer trade ins :hubie:
Trade ins will always be offered by someone.
Personally I avoid trading stuff in.
Personally I haven't picked up a PS4 because I just don't think the upgrade to 4K is worth $400.
I might get one for the increase PSVR performance but even still, I want to see how much support PSVR is going to get.
I might end up getting a PS4Pro for my living room and keeping my PS4 as a secondary system in my game room.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Trade ins will always be offered by someone.
Personally I avoid trading stuff in.
Personally I haven't picked up a PS4 because I just don't think the upgrade to 4K is worth $400.
I might get one for the increase PSVR performance but even still, I want to see how much support PSVR is going to get.
I might end up getting a PS4Pro for my living room and keeping my PS4 as a secondary system in my game room.

I get what you're saying but I paid less than $200 for my pro

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I get what you're saying but I paid less than $200 for my pro
(No Sarcasm or disrespect)
I get what you're saying, but you didn't pay $200 for your PRO.
You paid full price. You sold your PS4 to them for a loss of $200 and paid the difference of $200 out of pocket.
(Not a bad deal I suppose if you only care to have one system, but financially it wasn't necessarily the smartest move).

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
(No Sarcasm or disrespect)
I get what you're saying, but you didn't pay $200 for your PRO.
You paid full price. You sold your PS4 to them for a loss of $200 and paid the difference of $200 out of pocket.
(Not a bad deal I suppose if you only care to have one system, but financially it wasn't necessarily the smartest move).

It's not a loss my PS4 depreciated :martin:

$200 for an OG ps4 is a hell of a deal and here's where you're wrong there, buddy :sas1:

The PS4 pro was listed for $339.99 minus that $200 Amazon instant credit :sas2:

which brought the price down to a grand total of $ 139.99 :youngsabo:

:umad:

By financial and accounting standards that was a dam good deal :ahh:

Last edited:

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
PS5 is a given as AMD will have new architecture for their Cards and processors.

PS4/Pro still using old as Jaguar mobile cpu. ps5 will have that new new.
So basically only a tech junkie would feel the need to bother with a ps5 if they already have ps4 pro :jbhmm:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It's not a loss my PS4 depreciated :martin:

$200 for an OG ps4 is a hell of a deal and here's where you're wrong there, buddy :sas1:

The PS4 pro was listed for $339.99 minus that $200 Amazon instant credit :sas2:

which brought the price down to a grand total of $ 139.99 :youngsabo:

:umad:

By financial and accounting standards that was a dam good deal :ahh:
I mean if it worked out for you cool. :yeshrug:
Depreciation is still a loss even if it did help soften the $400 blow.
OG PS4 took a nose dive in value because Sony wanted $400 more out of you.
That OG console is still worth $400, but Sony tanked it's value by releasing new models of the same console with incremental improvements, none of which will allow you to play different games, just the same ones at a higher resolution. (Back in the day this sort of improvement would have been added as an attachment to the console i.e. Sega 32x and N64 expansion pack) Sony has always been my go to console but this PS4.5 nonsense is looking real :patrice:.
"At the end of the day" if the cost was in your budget (with trade ins or otherwise) and you feel the experience you are getting is better than that's all that matters though. :manny: