PS4 controllers won't work on PS5 games

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they made no real changes or improvements to the controller though. No shyt it should be backwards compatible.
YNZ8UOf.png

you can record gaming video/pics with one “push” of the finger as opposed to 2...might seem minor but it could actually be more convenient...especially when playing GTA online when you’re facing off against an entire crew by yourself...every second counts :bustback:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Sony gamers claim who cares while flooding this thread. So you care Sony gamers. And since I expose the truth let me expose the fluke...
But what if you have 4 friends who want to come over and play couch co-op with you? You gotta buy each one a controller!! :damn:
And earlier today you was talking about leaving to buy the Google pixel 4a because it was 350.

Now maybe im missing something here but you basically let it be known you ballin on a budget. So you're internally salty which is eternal :banderas:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
There's no good reason why the older controllers shouldn't work with next gen other than a money grab.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
This has never been the case in the industry but now we outraged :skip:
Generally this wasn't the case due to proprietary input ports that changed from gen to gen and completely different chipsets.

That isn't the case anymore. No justification.since they're all connecting with standardized USB ports these days.

Between only playing single player games and trash controller I can understand why Sony stans don't want to hold on to their old controllers.

You won't need it for sp or you're hoping for something that's actually good. :umad:

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
It's so wild that people are making a big deal out of this. The console wars are in a really dark place at the moment:mjlol:

"Anti-consumer" is the phrase I keep seeing over and over:mjlol:
Sony's reign got these losers grasping at straws.

They don't give two shyts about handicapped people. XBOX/PC fanboys that also happen to have SJW traits are just taking advantage atm.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Why is this suddenly a big deal ?

Because the rest of the world has moved on to a more standardized way of doing peripherals. These technological leaps are not that great nor will every game utilize them. We see incremental increases now. Controllers from console manufacturers are used as a way to make money. No controller is ever sold at cost or a loss like a console is. We know why Sony is keeping up the practice, it earns them money. Only when the technological leap is great enough in something is when the requirement of a new product to be purchased should be made. Dualsense isn't that. Improvements? Yes. Paradigm shifting? No. Choice should be with that of the consumer.

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
Because the rest of the world has moved on to a more standardized way of doing peripherals. These technological leaps are not that great nor will every game utilize them. We see incremental increases now. Controllers from console manufacturers are used as a way to make money. No controller is ever sold at cost or a loss like a console is. We know why Sony is keeping up the practice, it earns them money. Only when the technological leap is great enough in something is when the requirement of a new product to be purchased should be made. Dualsense isn't that. Improvements? Yes. Paradigm shifting? No. Choice should be with that of the consumer.

Honestly, this topic feels so weird to me, because in my mind there was no expectation that when I pick up a PS5 that I was going to be able to play using the DS4, like none.

When I heard Xbox say that their controller was forward compatible I was like cool :ehh: .

Not once did I think :ohhh:why didn’t Sony do this.

I feel like people are grasping at straws on this topic, if you were to poll general console gamers on this topic majority response would come back with no expectations for forward compatibility.

This “uproar” on this feels so contrived like cats are trying to mimic what happen at the beginning of this generation with the always on and strict used game policy controversy that Xbox tried to enforce. Attempting to paint PlayStation in that same light so the general backlash can occur.

Like if general and hardcore gamers are comfortable with paying for new controllers, chill the fukk out. Like this has not been the standard for a good amount years, there is no expectation for this.

Last edited:

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
It's absolutely nothing to do with money, people are just extremely intent on finding fault with Sony and magnifying it:francis:
I know breh it’s the classic console war insult figured I throw it out there because this is non sense. Only time a PlayStation controller was forward compatible was ps1 to ps2 and no one really cared to use old technology on new tech.