PS4 controllers won't work on PS5 games

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
Honestly...when I first read it, I thought it wouldn't work on PS5 period. But it just not working on PS5 games isn't that bad. At least it won't be completely useless like all my previous gen controllers were once I upgraded :patrice:

:deadrose:

:mjcry:those little xbox wins

Yea :mjcry: xbox has...

-near double the announced next gen exclusives

-more power and potential than the ps5

-access to 100s of games including next gen titles for only $12 per month

-the best version of all multiplats

-full backwards compatibility across multiple generations

-full last gen controller compatibility

-any time play on android mobile devices via xcloud

But Sony got the biggest win of all though...haptic shock... :mjcry:

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
PS4 controllers are so flimsy, you replacing several of them throughout the Gen anyways. I could careless if ps4 controllers don’t work on ps5.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Who cares? Did you complain about your 360 controller not working on the Xbox One? Wii U pad not working with the Switch? MSFT didn't innovate and make a new controller so no shock there. nikkas stay looking for fake disappointment and cocern.
Nah they let the controller work on the PS5 but not for PS5 games. If a game requires PS5 controller functionality maybe I can see it but if not a PS4 controller should be allowed. Should be left up to the developer.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Because the rest of the world has moved on to a more standardized way of doing peripherals. These technological leaps are not that great nor will every game utilize them. We see incremental increases now. Controllers from console manufacturers are used as a way to make money. No controller is ever sold at cost or a loss like a console is. We know why Sony is keeping up the practice, it earns them money. Only when the technological leap is great enough in something is when the requirement of a new product to be purchased should be made. Dualsense isn't that. Improvements? Yes. Paradigm shifting? No. Choice should be with that of the consumer.

If the ps5 didn't come with a controller I would see your point, but it's coming with a controller, this is making a big deal about nothing IMO.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
If the ps5 didn't come with a controller I would see your point, but it's coming with a controller, this is making a big deal about nothing IMO.

Because there are many people who play on these consoles such as myself. I buy one more controller at least for every console I own. So, if like for this generation, I bought three extra controllers for my Xbox. That's $210 extra. Because of the investment in controllers I made this gen, I don't need to give Microsoft another $210, whereas in the case of the ps5, I would have to drop another two bills and change.

I'm not crying poor because I am not. However, there is precedent set now. As previous stated, given that ps4 controllers can even hook up to the ps5 in the. first place shows that they could allow it, Sony chooses not to.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
PS4 controllers are so flimsy, you replacing several of them throughout the Gen anyways. I could careless if ps4 controllers don’t work on ps5.
I have never had to replace a controller and I have bought 2 PS4s and 1 Pro. Each console's original control still works with no issues.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I have never had to replace a controller and I have bought 2 PS4s and 1 Pro. Each console's original control still works with no issues.

I still have my launch Sixasis controllers from 2006 that work perfectly as does my Dualshock 3s. Also my 360 controllers do too. The only controller that I've had issue with in recent memory is the switch so I bought an 8bitdo SNES30+ controller to use on it. What are y'all doing with your controllers, lol.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Honestly, this topic feels so weird to me, because in my mind there was no expectation that when I pick up a PS5 that I was going to be able to play using the DS4, like none.

When I heard Xbox say that their controller was forward compatible I was like cool :ehh: .

Not once did I think :ohhh:why didn’t Sony do this.

I feel like people are grasping a straws on this topic, if you were to poll general console gamers on this topic majority response would come back with no expectations for forward compatibility.

This “uproar” on this feels so contrived like cats are trying to mimic what happen at the beginning of this generation with the always on and strict used game policy controversy that Xbox tried to enforce. Attempting to paint PlayStation in that same light so the general backlash can occur.

Like if general and hardcore gamers are comfortable with paying for new controllers, chill the fukk out. Like this has not been the standard for a good amount years, there is no expectation for this.

This.

Also the fact that they have ZERO smoke for Nintendo regarding the same shyt is a dead giveaway that the "outrage" is console warrior driven.

Last edited:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Imagine playing on your brand new PS5 controller that comes with the system, then handing your homie your old PS4 one, then serving his ass in 2k.

Thats what the xbox experience is going to feel like being the homie.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Honestly, this topic feels so weird to me, because in my mind there was no expectation that when I pick up a PS5 that I was going to be able to play using the DS4, like none.

When I heard Xbox say that their controller was forward compatible I was like cool :ehh: .

Not once did I think :ohhh:why didn’t Sony do this.

I feel like people are grasping a straws on this topic, if you were to poll general console gamers on this topic majority response would come back with no expectations for forward compatibility.

This “uproar” on this feels so contrived like cats are trying to mimic what happen at the beginning of this generation with the always on and strict used game policy controversy that Xbox tried to enforce. Attempting to paint PlayStation in that same light so the general backlash can occur.

Like if general and hardcore gamers are comfortable with paying for new controllers, chill the fukk out. Like this has not been the standard for a good amount years, there is no expectation for this.
This...I had no expectation that a PS4 controller would work on a ps5. In the history of videogames has the previous generations controller ever worked on a new system ? It's cool Xbox is doing that and hopefully it becomes a trend but even now I have no expectations for Sony to do that