PS4 became everything you criticized about XB1...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I actually think Sony is at least promoting PSVR well. They even gave it time a lot of time at E3 this year.
Supporting it is another thing. Are they actually developing/publishing any big games for it? Cause that was a huge problem with the Vita. There was no 1st party titles on it after like, year one.
They can't rely on 3rd parties cause like 90% of VR games I've seen basically equate to tech demos. Bite sized experiences that are not full game's
Of course they're making "big" games for it.

and I disagree heavily with this "tech demo" thing. One man would consider a game like Superhot VR a tech demo while that's one of the most intense games on the system literally from a physical stand point.

A game must be a 20hr epic adventure to be a real game? Anyway
PS BLOG OCT 13 said:
Coming in 2017

Bravo Team
SIE WWS
Supermassive Games (Tumble VR, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood) is creating an intense first-person shooter for single player or online two-player co-op*. The setting is a fictional Eastern European city, and after the president is assassinated, teamwork will be essential for you to survive. Bravo Team will make you feel like you’re in an action movie.
* Active PS Plus membership required.

Doom VFR
Bethesda
id Software’s classic franchise levels up to give players a fully immersive experience. You’re the last known survivor of a demon attack on a Martian research facility. Well, you’re the last human survivor… and you’ll have plenty of opportunity to meet some of the other survivors. Can you take back control of the outpost and send the beasties back to… uh, H-E-double-hockey-sticks?

Gran Turismo Sport
SIE WWS
Each release in the Gran Turismo series becomes the new benchmark in realistic auto-racing games, and that bar is about to be raised — big time. With PS VR, you’ll feel like you’re in the driver’s seat, increasing the immersion to new heights. Learn more here.

Megaton Rainfall
Pentadimensional
Ever dreamed of being an indestructible superhero with the ability to fly at supersonic speeds? Ever fantasized about saving Earth from an alien invasion? Well, it’s time to wake up and get to it. Take on the attacking aliens — who can morph into various forms, including buildings — and evolve your superpowers. But be careful… you may leave more than a little mess behind while you’re defending humanity.

Moss
Polyarc Games
One of E3 2017’s brightest stars was Quill, a young mouse who awakens an ancient magic and sets off on an epic journey to save her uncle. The world of Moss is a gorgeous expanse filled with myth and magic, but there’s little time to savor the view. You’ll need to explore your surroundings and literally manipulate the world as you do whatever you can to assist Quill on her adventure.

No Heroes Allowed!
SIE WWS
In this immersive real-time strategy game, you play the God of Destruction. You ultimately seek world domination… but first you’ll need to find, feed, and breed monsters who’ll do your bidding. Invade human bases, fortify your defenses and carefully build your beastly ecosystem, and soon you may conquer all!

Obduction
Cyan
From the creators of Myst comes a science-fiction adventure filled with mystery, intrigue, and discovery. You find yourself transported off Earth to an alien world…but one that’s populated with pieces of Earth from various locations and times. Don’t spend too much time admiring the beautiful landscapes, though, because you need to find a way back home.

PixelJunk VR Dead Hungry
Q-Games
It’s well-known that zombies are always on the hunt for human flesh… but that’s only because they don’t know how to cook a juicy burger and whip up a frosty shake on their own. As a fearless food-truck cook, you’ll need to use your kitchen magic to save the world from disaster and distract the incoming zombie horde with nutritious noms.

Stifled
SIE WWS
Stifled is a unique horror game where you can only reveal your surroundings by creating sound waves–either by throwing nearby objects or speaking into the headset’s built-in mic. Keep in mind, however, that any noise you make may also reveal your location to the grotesque creatures that are lurking in the darkness…

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
Bethesda
One of the most popular and ambitious open-world action RPGs ever made will now be even more immersive, thanks to a reimagining in PS VR. You’re the Dragonborn, and you’ll need to master swords and spells to survive the many threats you’ll encounter. Skyrim VR includes the critically acclaimed core game as well as the official add-ons: Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn, as well as multiple controller options.

The Inpatient
SIE WWS
The premise is the stuff of nightmares: You’re a patient in the Sanatorium and suffering from amnesia, so your main goal is to unearth your memories–to discover who you are and why you’re there. However, you’ll also reveal a conspiracy at the facility that complicates your efforts to get your life back. Multiple endings up The Inpatient’s replayability, too.
All 60+ Games Coming to PlayStation VR Through Early 2018

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
They turned their backs on PSVR?? What? I hope you know it takes years for big games to be made, although small games PSVR still gets tons of support. You remember how trash PS4 was for the first 1.5-2 years after release. I was playing my ps3 for a while after PS4 came out
We need first party PSVR games to push it.
I love my PSVR. I have little to no faith in Sony sticking with it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You better chill.:whoa: That's how I got this pink banner calling out the lunacy of this place.

Muffakas used to literally preface the games the were talking about with "superior/definitive version" when talking about them on PS4, now that doesn't matter.

Look at this shyt

Was the first/best selling point for PS4.

Now that shyt don't matter :mjlol:

Dudes literally made the same arguments you are now when PS4 wasn't perceived as the leader in exclusives.

:mjlol:
How doesn't it matter? If someone has a PS4 or Xbox 1, a PS4 would still be the better version between the two. A PC 95% of the time would be better from a performance/visual standpoint.

between Xbox 1 X and PS4 Pro the X1X would be the better version. How you gonna flip someone's argument from years ago out of context when new hardware comes out?

:scust: U Xbot stans are unscrupulous.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're trolling. You're literally ignoring the list of 1st party games I just posted as well as the ones for next year slated. and now it's all about 1st party to push it? There's no other inexpensive $400 gaming VR headset for consoles. If anything, the more 3rd party games on PSVR the better since it's literally most people's easiest entry. You're completely being disingenuous here breh. Where else is someone going to play RE7 VR? It's been almost a year now and it's coming to PC NEXT year.

:cook: though

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
...and XB1 became the PS4 you always wanted :lolbron::umad:

Let's set the mood right for this OP.
Esco, let's go

Backwards Compatibility
PS4: requires you to pay a fee for a streaming service or buy the same game all over again.
XB1: if you owned the game on disc or digitally, you can play it on your XB1. No additional charges.

Peripherals

PS4: still hasn't learned from their past abandoned projects. They release PSVR and almost immediately turned their backs on it despite the strong potential it has
XB1: has discontinued Kinect and has decided to focus on bringing more games to their platform

Graphics
PS4: remember when you guys were counting the individual frames of difference between XB1 and PS4? Every version on PS4 was the definitive version in your eyes.
XB1: now XB1X is coming through to obliterate the buildings graphically and all of a sudden graphics don't matter anymore :whistle:

Games
PS4 + XB1: This is always going to boil down to preference. What can't be debated is the fact that the biggest games are multiplat.

Blu Rays
PS4: For the launch of the PS3, the blu ray player was glorified as the deciding factor in the format wars. Sony stans threw parades about how incredible the saints at Sony were for including this absolutely necessary piece of hardware in their console. Now, even though Sony has a monopoly on Blu Ray, they chose to spit in Sony Stans' faces by not including a 4K player in ANY of their PS4s, INCLUDING the PS4 PRO.
XB1: Listening to the backlash they received when trying to force the digital only issue at launch, MS decided to include a 4K blu ray player in their S model and their X model.

2 years later the point still stands
I can't objectively reccomend getting a PS4 over an XB1 right now

Here's a couple gifs to save the furious stans some time:

BC
1. Psnow is not a BC solution and no one hypes it up.
2. How could any Sony fan be hypocritical about BC when Ps4 never had and a majority of ps3s never had it.
3. Liking ps2s games doesn't mean I care about playing them now?

Peripherals
1. How you going to say abandoning kinect is good but claim sony possibly abandoning psvr is bad? (They are doing the opposite in fact)
2. Is there a lack of Sony exclusives for ps4? Sony is supporting VR and still coming out with more games than MS.

Graphics
1. Ps4 still has better graphics than X1S.
2. Graphics have never mattered more than games. See the ps1/2 generation.
3. This isn't a new generation of course people aren't going to throw away there ps4s and all their games and spend $500 on an X after 4 years for better resolution on games they can play on their ps4.

Games
You don't even make an argument

BluRays
1. Streaming didn't exist when ps3 launched nuff said on that. Habits change. Blu ray was nice and UHD is good but if you look around most don't care much about either.
2. At least with the inclusion of bluray it aided games. For X1S it's just for movies.

Personally I could recommend any of the three consoles depending on the gamer. There's no objectivity to it. It's all down to personal taste. If you couldn't objectively recommend a ps4 you would of never bought one. You certainly found merit in the purchase so I'm sure you could articulate a reason to someone to buy one.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How doesn't it matter? If someone has a PS4 or Xbox 1, a PS4 would still be the better version between the two. A PC 95% of the time would be better from a performance/visual standpoint.

between Xbox 1 X and PS4 Pro the X1X would be the better version. How you gonna flip someone's argument from years ago out of context when new hardware comes out?

:scust: U Xbot stans are unscrupulous.
It was a HUGE deal then. The first thing yall mentioned when talking about the consoles and what games y'all were playing. You personally made a bunch of threads and posts comparing multiplats and talking about resolution of games.

Now, not so much. :mjlol:

Last edited:

Thoughtspeak

Joke ting blood
Daps
Reppin
London under protest
So if I'm understanding you're rebuttal correctly, you're saying, you don't care if xbox 1 has the features you once praised because you prefer the ps4 games?

Which Xbox one features have I once praised? That I don't think matter now?, Bare in mind I own a Xbox one, and use BC.

I don't think it's a big deal not have on the ps4 as I personally still have a PS3 plugged in but if that's something thats important to you should be buying a Xbox.

My only issue with your op was claiming the difference in exclusives is just a matter of preference. anything you infer from that was on you. I own both systems and they both have their merits and drawbacks.

Genos

Superstar
Daps
It's only been a year on an entirely new platform. PS4 only had Killzone and Infamous for a while. It really wasn't until late 2015 when I stopped playing my PS3, these things take time.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
As far as internet

ONLY the ps4 pro can use 5ghz setup, the standard ps4 can only do 2.8 ghz

ALL xbox 1s can use 5 ghz

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I have both.

If the xb1 had the same following the PS4 had in my circles and on the coli I’d only buy PS4 exclusives and play everything else on the 1.

The PS4 capped download speeds are :francis:

The only thing I prefer on the 4 is the controller