proof hip hop is dead now

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Hip-hop may have been the #1 genre, but that doesn't necessarily mean people were playing new artists' music, does it mention if that was only newer artists' music?

Nicki Minaj I know put up a lot of numbers this year for example. I think legacy artists are basically carrying the game right now and the last few years.

I think the more telling metric was how long it took for it to get a #1 on the chart and how many #1's the genre had.
Those numbers most likely aren't as lopsided as they were back in 2017.

This is coming from someone who actually doesn't mind Ice Spice and thinks she's not as much a problem as these newer artists who are absolutely copycats of the same old shyt - they like generic NBA bench/role players.

There's a reason why the most anticipated album - Metro and Future's project are by people who debuted over 10 years ago. These new artists ain't it.

Last edited:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps

arXiv

Please pawg responsibly
Daps
Reppin
Other
Released Thursday

Breh posted a song about the impending death of hip hop.
Yet the song itself was evidence that hip-hop still lives.
And it was just released this week.
This was some next level posting yall :wow:
Dapped, repped and :salute:

Daps
:mjlol:Because Cole was actually dropping some heat. Where is Ice Spice’s Warm Up or Friday Night Lights lol.

oh you mean all those samples j cole blew up off of? :mjlol:

and i don't really listen to ice spice so i couldn't accurately say. i listen to rap i actually enjoy and leave whatever else for whoever else enjoys it. another thing old heads can't seem to accomplish for the life of them :mjlol:

old.jpg

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
They're literally letting anybody rap now. Maybe things will change once you address that. Back when I was younger, people who were the age that I am now fukked with rap. My mom still likes rap but she was into it hardcore especially when me and my older brother was playing Dre and Snoop, Tribe, Pac, and others. These kids now look at 40 year olds crazy for listening to their weak ass music lol. And people are saying there’s always been wack rappers.. true but they barely ran the game like what’s happening now.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
oh you mean all those samples j cole blew up off of? :mjlol:

and i don't really listen to ice spice so i couldn't accurately say. i listen to rap i actually enjoy. another thing old heads can't seem to accomplish for the life of them lol
:mjlol:wtf are you yappin about so now samples are a problem lol. And I don’t really care for Ice Spice either. But you tried to make it seem like it’s only the female rappers. Who’s getting cooked for their trash ass bars.