Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Well,with riddikk the previous film was chronicles of riddikk.

With this film the previous was prometheus.

And of course before those you had the alien films and pitch black.

Both chronicles of riddikk and prometheus tried to do something different,and expand the universes they lived in,tried to be more than what they cam from which funny enough is sci fi horror on both fronts. Reception to both was mixed at best,hated at worst but I feel both films ending in interesting ways that I would have liked to see explored because the next step in the journey felt more interesting than what we had been given.

Instead the next films,riddikk and this,pulled back in everything,budget,scope etc. They basically killed off the endings of the previous and instead both tried to just tell small stories that served as fan service/getting back to its roots while stay maintaining thin strands of where the previous film had gone.

Both came out to even to more mixed reception but for different reasons than the previous films.

So the film's don't, but there place in their respective franchises do.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Well,with riddikk the previous film was chronicles of riddikk.

With this film the previous was prometheus.

And of course before those you had the alien films and pitch black.

Both chronicles of riddikk and prometheus tried to do something different,and expand the universes they lived in,tried to be more than what they cam from which funny enough is sci fi horror on both fronts. Reception to both was mixed at best,hated at worst but I feel both films ending in interesting ways that I would have liked to see explored because the next step in the journey felt more interesting than what we had been given.

Instead the next films,riddikk and this,pulled back in everything,budget,scope etc. They basically killed off the endings of the previous and instead both tried to just tell small stories that served as fan service/getting back to its roots while stay maintaining thin strands of where the previous film had gone.

Both came out to even to more mixed reception but for different reasons than the previous films.

So the film's don't, but there place in their respective franchises do.

True shyt. I enjoyed the hell out of riddikk though

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Dumbest Alien crew by a mile :mjlol:

"Should we quarantine? :jbhmm:"
"We don't need to survey the planet at all from orbit do we? :jbhmm:"
"fukk comms. We ain't need that shyt in Harlem :dame:"
"If you go pee, please do it alone and as far away from your comrade as possible :troll:Company policy "

But Fassbender saved the film. The fights honestly would've been drastically better if they were simply SHOT better. I'm almost confused as to why they were so badly edited. What was actually going on was fukking piff. Unbelievable at times, but piff. It doesn't make sense to shove the camera right in someone's neck, make the action so choppy that it can't be followed, and just murk ppl as quick as you can. This is Alien. Where the fukk is the tension? Come on man....

But again, Fassbender can have any role he wants.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just streamed a cam rip on the Xbox. I literally had this face the whole time:francis:

The worst scene was when the first xenomorph rips through the guy's chest and David puts his hands up. The little xenomorph puts his hands up too like one of those dancing puppets street performers use:mjlol:. How did that make the final cut?:laff::laff::laff:

This movie did everything wrong. Prometheus ended with David and Shaw going to get answers from the Engineers only to have David kill them all. We didn't get any answers which made the last movie pointless:mindblown:. Shaw went through all that just to die off camera and get experimented on:snoop:. They completely wasted her character. They also wasted her and David's relationship:what:

This movie should have been them getting to the planet. The stunned Engineers take them in and reward them with answers while also explaining why they will destroy earth. David has a counter measure and releases the black goo to stop them while also taking the knowledge they gave them and using it to experiment. Somewhere along the lines him and Shaw have a falling out which leads him to betray/kill her and use her in the experiments. Throw in a few engineers getting the face hugger treatment to fill the Alien quota.

They could have made the ending have more impact if David actually acted like Walter. He barely said a word once he pulled the switch which told the audience that wasn't Walter :palm:

So disappointed. We rarely get good Sci Fi. Get Ridley Scott the fukk outta here:camby:

:trash::trash:/5

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just streamed a cam rip on the Xbox. I literally had this face the whole time:francis:

The worst scene was when the first xenomorph rips through the guy's chest and David puts his hands up. The little xenomorph puts his hands up too like one of those dancing puppets street performers use:mjlol:. How did that make the final cut?:laff::laff::laff:

This movie did everything wrong. Prometheus ended with David and Shaw going to get answers from the Engineers only to have David kill them all. We didn't get any answers which made the last movie pointless:mindblown:. Shaw went through all that just to die off camera and get experimented on:snoop:. They completely wasted her character. They also wasted her and David's relationship:what:

This movie should have been them getting to the planet. The stunned Engineers take them in and reward them with answers while also explaining why they will destroy earth. David has a counter measure and releases the black goo to stop them while also taking the knowledge they gave them and using it to experiment. Somewhere along the lines him and Shaw have a falling out which leads him to betray/kill her and use her in the experiments. Throw in a few engineers getting the face hugger treatment to fill the Alien quota.

They could have made the ending have more impact if David actually acted like Walter. He barely said a word once he pulled the switch which told the audience that wasn't Walter :palm:

So disappointed. We rarely get good Sci Fi. Get Ridley Scott the fukk outta here:camby:

:trash::trash:/5

I don't think the producers wanted to spend all that money developing the engineers planet and also creating them and paying all the engineer actors..... but imagine if they got the rock to play one :ohhh:

Also I was thinking the other day, where are all the FEMALE engineers?:jbhmm:

The problem with Prometheus 2 is there's way too many questions to be answered.

The movie would be too epic. Too difficult to make . It might've overshadowed the alien franchise :manny:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think the producers wanted to spend all that money developing the engineers planet and also creating them and paying all the engineer actors..... but imagine if they got the rock to play one :ohhh:

Also I was thinking the other day, where are all the FEMALE engineers?:jbhmm:

The problem with Prometheus 2 is there's way too many questions to be answered.

The movie would be too epic. Too difficult to make . It might've overshadowed the alien franchise :manny:

Ridley shouldve thought about that shyt before making the 1st one but now that its out of the bag keep going nikka fukk it. U cant make a movie with a "to be continued" already in place before the shyt even hit the theaters and not expect fans to be pissed.

I wish films would go back to how they were made in the day. A one and done unless the shyt was a huge success so if it flopped and that was it at least u got the full story instead of waiting for answers that will never come