Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

First day cop for me :banderas:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Ridley has come through and answered the questions of the engineers and David

One major question many of us had following our viewing of Alien: Covenant was concerning the motives behind Engineers and their relationship with Mankind. During The Crossing prologue video, David voice overs, explaining that while Shaw slept, David learned of the Engineer ways. Following this, we then see David approach the Engineer city and proceed to to bomb them. Many of us speculated as to why David felt the need to destroy the Engineers and many wondered what he might have learned about their culture to instigate such a reaction. During a podcast with Empire Magazine, Ridley Scott explained the motives behind the Engineer race and why David bombed them.

According to Scott, the Engineers periodically visit worlds they've seeded with life and occasionally will "wipe the slate clean" if they discover their offspring have lost their way. Much like the catastrophes described in biblical times when God grew tired of Mankind, the Engineers too, would eradicate entire generations of species if they proved to be a disappointment.

If the planet went wrong, they would want to wipe it clean. But that could take 500 years. When they revisit – because different visitors would come back and see we’re not doing so well – they would look at these human beings that are jerks, that are killing the planet, killing themselves, can’t settle down, they’re like a bunch of children. We should wipe it clean.

Following on, Ridley explains that David has no respect for Engineers or Humanity and actually have developed a hatred of their species collectively:

He hates them. He has no respect for Engineers and no respect for human beings.

Read more: Ridley Scott explains why David bombed the Engineers! - Alien: Covenant Movie News
Follow us: @Scifiedcom on Twitter | Scifiedcom on Facebook

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ridley has come through and answered the questions of the engineers and David

One major question many of us had following our viewing of Alien: Covenant was concerning the motives behind Engineers and their relationship with Mankind. During The Crossing prologue video, David voice overs, explaining that while Shaw slept, David learned of the Engineer ways. Following this, we then see David approach the Engineer city and proceed to to bomb them. Many of us speculated as to why David felt the need to destroy the Engineers and many wondered what he might have learned about their culture to instigate such a reaction. During a podcast with Empire Magazine, Ridley Scott explained the motives behind the Engineer race and why David bombed them.

According to Scott, the Engineers periodically visit worlds they've seeded with life and occasionally will "wipe the slate clean" if they discover their offspring have lost their way. Much like the catastrophes described in biblical times when God grew tired of Mankind, the Engineers too, would eradicate entire generations of species if they proved to be a disappointment.

If the planet went wrong, they would want to wipe it clean. But that could take 500 years. When they revisit – because different visitors would come back and see we’re not doing so well – they would look at these human beings that are jerks, that are killing the planet, killing themselves, can’t settle down, they’re like a bunch of children. We should wipe it clean.

Following on, Ridley explains that David has no respect for Engineers or Humanity and actually have developed a hatred of their species collectively:

He hates them. He has no respect for Engineers and no respect for human beings.

Read more: Ridley Scott explains why David bombed the Engineers! - Alien: Covenant Movie News
Follow us: @Scifiedcom on Twitter | Scifiedcom on Facebook
I thought that was pretty obvious in the film. David sees himself as superior to organic beings.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Because the series is now a Michael Fassbender vehicle.

The only character that is important is David.

The entire series is now being retconned to fit around the character to make him responsible for everything.

Yup. Fassbender is a big time actor now, and studios want to profit on his popularity.

This has basically become similar to Tom Cruise and the Mission Impossible films.

I don't think this film will make that much money, so we might not see the completion of this saga.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup. Fassbender is a big time actor now, and studios want to profit on his popularity.

This has basically become similar to Tom Cruise and the Mission Impossible films.

I don't think this film will make that much money, so we might not see the completion of this saga.
If it doesn't get another film the story will be completed in novels and/or comic books. The prequel to Covenant is coming out as a novel later this year.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If it doesn't get another film the story will be completed in novels and/or comic books. The prequel to Covenant is coming out as a novel later this year.

I hope so. I already invested time and thoughts into theories about where this is heading and would hate for it to be like "nah it flopped reboot time"

:stopitslime:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Holup, I haven't seen the movie yet, but are y'all complaining about there not being enough shown of the engineers and too much about the aliens when you complained about there not being aliens in Prometheus?:dwillhuh:I just want to know if that absurdity is what I'm hearing before I go watch this.

SilverSamurai

All Star
Daps
Holup, I haven't seen the movie yet, but are y'all complaining about there not being enough shown of the engineers and too much about the aliens when you complained about there not being aliens in Prometheus?:dwillhuh:I just want to know if that absurdity is what I'm hearing before I go watch this.
I was completely fine with Prometheus not having a lot of aliens. It wanted to be a more philosophical and thought provoking film than one of terror, and I liked it a lot. I was not okay with the writing team cheaply writing off the Engineer lore and other elements from Prometheus :camby:. The Neomorphs were pretty cool but I wish they were used in a better story than this one.