Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
She doesn't fit and they're not that tall.

Prometheus_engineer_by_lady_shai-d5urj4d.png
Breh, that pic has a bad angle in relation to his true height.

prometheus_engineer_by_lady_shai-d5urk1n_zpsf6380588.png

This picture is more accurate and she's wearing thick boots that boost her height as well. The alien stands about 9feet and she would come to his chest. The pod can barely fit Tim Duncan in it but that's how I'm looking at it. :yeshrug:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Bout to peep this now...

I actually didn't like Prometheus but... I going out on a limb and gotta couple hours to spare so :yeshrug:

Hrcules

ayyy
Daps
I've never watched a single alien movie are they good? or if i didnt see them back then im going to be bored?

Maybe the reason why i liked prometheus

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I've never watched a single alien movie are they good? or if i didnt see them back then im going to be bored?

Maybe the reason why i liked prometheus

With the exception of the 80's The Thing, Alien is the GOAT film when it comes to a claustrophobic tension. It's an intelligent film unlike the average modern day horror flick where characters are about as relevant as the background props. It's a must see as far as both Sci Fi and horror flicks go. Definitely raised the bar.

Hrcules

ayyy
Daps
Smh, u need to see Alien and Aliens, the goat action flick. If u don't like em, u probably gay. :manny:
Watched alien last night after the post and man:whoo: movie was all sorts of dope.. the suspense and thrill:sadcam: alien was creepy as hell. Reminded me a bit of dead space.

Tried aliens and was bored turned it off after the hour mark. Why the fukk did they make it an action movie? Felt cheese like starship trooperes and they where killing the aliens with ease:what: the little girl:why: man i was so disappointed coming from alien

fukk james cameron overrated hack...:snoop: terminator 2 is his only classic

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Watched alien last night after the post and man:whoo: movie was all sorts of dope.. the suspense and thrill:sadcam: alien was creepy as hell. Reminded me a bit of dead space.

Tried aliens and was bored turned it off after the hour mark. Why the fukk did they make it an action movie? Felt cheese like starship trooperes and they where killing the aliens with ease:what: the little girl:why: man i was so disappointed coming from alien

If u turned off Aliens after the hour mark, u are fukkin retarded. No offense.

Aliens has the best climax scene in possibly the history of film making. Actually two climax scenes.

Smh.

Negg pending.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

LOL. Aliens is arguably the greatest sequel of all time.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
If u turned off Aliens after the hour mark, u are fukkin retarded. No offense.

Aliens has the best climax scene in possibly the history of film making. Actually two climax scenes.

Smh.

Negg pending.

LOL. Aliens is arguably the greatest sequel of all time.

I can relate to him though. As far as action flicks go, and Sci Fi flicks too, Aliens is a good film and a good sequel too. Still though, it's such a marked change from Alien. It's kind of like Halloween 3. The type of isolationist horror presented in Alien is just crazy. I especially love the fact that you hardly ever see what was once this creepy looking creature that you hardly ever saw in the film. Aliens kinda destroyed the mystique behind the Xenomorph. Like that was the beginning of the end of that creature being especially scary. I kind of hate Aliens for that cuz now the Xenomorph is kinda ehhh. I'm hoping Covenant restores the feeling. But again, I love Alien for the same reason I love The Thing.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I can relate to him though. As far as action flicks go, and Sci Fi flicks too, Aliens is a good film and a good sequel too. Still though, it's such a marked change from Alien. It's kind of like Halloween 3. The type of isolationist horror presented in Alien is just crazy. I especially love the fact that you hardly ever see what was once this creepy looking creature that you hardly ever saw in the film. Aliens kinda destroyed the mystique behind the Xenomorph. Like that was the beginning of the end of that creature being especially scary. I kind of hate Aliens for that cuz now the Xenomorph is kinda ehhh. I'm hoping Covenant restores the feeling. But again, I love Alien for the same reason I love The Thing.

It's funny you mention "Halloween 3" because that was supposed to be the direction of the series going forward. But the movie flopped so they went back to the Michael Myers formula.

Fred.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
yeah, i mean they're definitely two completely different genres. sci-fi horror and sci-fi action and it's definitely acceptable to prefer Alien but being bored and turning Aliens off an hour into it? That's blasphemy. Yeah the xenomorph became SOMEWHAT cannon fodder (I mean they're sitll fukking people up) but Cameron one upped us with the queen. Fact remains it wouldn't been IMPOSSIBLE to do a sequel to Alien without going a completely different direction. Otherwise you're just repeating the first movie again.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
It's funny you mention "Halloween 3" because that was supposed to be the direction of the series going forward. But the movie flopped so they went back to the Michael Myers formula.

Fred.

In hindsight, that flick wasn't bad. I couldn't appreciate it then, but as far as oddball 80's horror films go, it was a good flick like Carpenter's other oddball horror films. Very underrated.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Cameron knew he couldn't remake Alien so he did what he does best and made it a bad ass action film that is considered one of the best films of all time. Period.