Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
looks like they going full horror movie on this one :beli:

They went full sci-fi/philosophical/origin of our species with Prometheus, and awhile it has it's defenders (I'm one of them), but the most part, it wasn't received that well. Can't blame them for taking it back to what made the first Alien so magnificent.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I thought the planet they are on is the engineers planet...I'm confused
Right but it seems like itll be desolate and we wont see any actual Engineers or especually Engineers vs Aliens

Basically theyll just be written into the lore and not active anymore in the story

There's a temple with a bunch of dead Engineers. So, it's probably a flashback scene or maybe something David sees when he arrives to the planet.

694609774296479.jpg

@Lootpack

It's the Neomorph, it's towards the bottom of the screen.
Teo_OYh4.png

This clears it up though

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
They went full sci-fi/philosophical/origin of our species with Prometheus, and awhile it has it's defenders (I'm one of them), but the most part, it wasn't received that well. Can't blame them for taking it back to what made the first Alien so magnificent.
I actually liked prometheus a lot because of that

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I actually liked prometheus a lot because of that
I want to watch it again. Because I went into it expecting answers as a self contained film and I felt very let down. Now that some time has passed I want to watch it again just for what it is. I've seen a lot of complaints about this Covenant trailer but since the OG title was Paradise, it really just seems like they're trying to complete what they were trying to tell in Prometheus (I hope). It's funny. Prometheus had people that wanted the sequel to be an alien movie, and others that wanted more engineer stuff, and so now it seems like 50% of the audience thinks they aren't going to get what they want. Hopefully this movie bridges the gap.

Aliens will always be my favorite, followed by Alien. And I know a lot of people put Alien first, but I like the action element and ensemble cast of what James Cameron did. And I love Alien for the innovation and isolation horror. The rest of the franchise is pretty bad IMO. I'm still always going to fork over money to see it though, because despite it dropping off after 1986, the first two movies are so god damn good that I don't care.

If anyone hasn't seen them in a while, watch Alien and Aliens on Blu Ray or the highest quality you can. Holy shyt they hold up. They look as good if not better as anything coming out now. Especially Aliens.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Very forced and compl4 unnecessary.
I don't have a problem with the scene, but only because they're going to the planet as colonists with the purpose of having babies there. So I bought in that they'd be having shower sex after getting to the planet. And the alien attacked Ripley in the shower in Alien 3, and in Alien, Lambert had the Alien curl the spiked tail between her legs like that. So to me it felt like a mash up of two scenes we've already seen. I can see if it feels 80's slasher-y though.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I don't have a problem with the scene, but only because they're going to the planet as colonists with the purpose of having babies there. So I bought in that they'd be having shower sex after getting to the planet. And the alien attacked Ripley in the shower in Alien 3, and in Alien, Lambert had the Alien curl the spiked tail between her legs like that. So to me it felt like a mash up of two scenes we've already seen. I can see if it feels 80's slasher-y though.

The scene itself doesn't bother me, but I wish it hadn't been in the trailer.