Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
We already know what it looks like (we're 7 movies overall in), why hide it? :childplease:
Because this is a Prometheus sequel of some sort and the xenomorph at the end looked different than the regular ones we were used to. I was hoping there would be some evolution to the creatures instead of just putting HR Geiger's design on the screen again.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
:wow: So glad someone picked up on that. Cause I put Paris Tokyo for a reason knowing this is a hip hop board first and foremost. Take some rep for that man. That's why you're my homie
we may argue over the eagles and giants and argue over your inability to blindly support random mega corporations but we can always agree on this hip hop shyt :wow:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Because this is a Prometheus sequel of some sort and the xenomorph at the end looked different than the regular ones we were used to. I was hoping there would be some evolution to the creatures instead of just putting HR Geiger's design on the screen again.
But that's what we are getting bruh. Alien, not that promethous shyt. he going full Alien.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
we may argue over the eagles and giants and argue over your inability to blindly support random mega corporations but we can always agree on this hip hop shyt :wow:

Fukk then dirty birds

:russ:

And damn right. One of the hosts on my show is a huge lupe fan and we actually traded him falling out of love with hip hop back to Lu dropping Lasers. His feelings were that hurt that the shyt just stopped being good to him. Doesn't help that he abhors Drake and everything he stands for.

Also outside of interstellar we normally agree on movies too. And no @FlyRy this is not an invitation to start that interstellar debate again.

Anyway this shyt looks dope but I remember saying Prometheus looked dope and it ended up :francis: status. I'll give Ridley another shot tho cause I'm an optimist.

Funny thing is, the blade runner sequel looks more like a Ridley Scott movie than this

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

We've gone from "Prometheus" to flat out "Alien: Covenant" for a reason b :ufdup:

It's Alien and Xenomorphs now, all you have to do is look at the poster. There's zero point in hiding The Xenomorph in a movie with that title and you know that.

Now those off-brand Neomorphs I can accept being hidden which is what they did.

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm trying to see
The Neomorph(s), I'm not sure if they will be shown in a later trailer or saved for the film but I can't wait either way.

EDIT: There's one in the trailer at 1:31
I"m guessing the dude who got the black shyt in his ear turns into one

SilverSamurai

All Star
Daps
I"m guessing the dude who got the black shyt in his ear turns into one
Apparently. Xenopedia confirmed that
Neomorphs are formed when the spore enters in someone's body.
So that is definitely a yes.

• Dap
Reactions: D23

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Spores really? Not sure how I feel about that. This seems like a redo of Prometheus. Like they throwing that shyt in that trash (where it belongs and deserves to rot in hell).

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Apparently. Xenopedia confirmed that
Neomorphs are formed when the spore enters in someone's body.
So that is definitely a yes.
Ok I'm done discussing this. Feels like were about to figure out the whole movie from the trailer alone lol

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
:yeshrug: Maybe dudes don't want to see Aliens, people die, and that is all. Other than nostalgia and mythos Alien has nothing going for it other than that so why even make another if you aren't going to continue what you started?

:scust:@ this "shock" post.

The only damn reason why Prometheus got any buzz is because they marketed it as a "Alien movie" and pretended that it had horror and intensity:mjlol:.

But now people don't want to see that, shut your nut ass up:mjlol:.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
:scust:@ this "shock" post.

The only damn reason why Prometheus got any buzz is because they marketed it as a "Alien movie" and pretended that it had horror and intensity:mjlol:.

But now people don't want to see that, shut your nut ass up:mjlol:.
I said nostalgia bytch now shut the fukk up.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
for those saying this isn't a direct sequel... and for those who want to know

this is the plot of the movie:

Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in Alien with Alien: Covenant, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with Prometheus – and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world – whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition. Fassbender is reprising his role as David but will also play another android with a whole body of his own called Walter.

"You've got to go back and find those Engineers and see what they are thinking," Scott told Deadline.

"If Engineers are the forerunners of us, and therefore were creators of life forms in places that were possible for biology to function, who created that? Where's the big boy? You think this was all an accident? I don't know. Even Stephen Hawking now says he's not sure. He no longer believes in the big bang."

On the great director's 79th birthday (December 1 in case you're shopping for presents) a picture was revealed of Sir Ridley on set of Covenant with none other than the Space Jockey appearing behind him. This was the dead alien discovered by the crew of Ripley's (Sigourney Weaver) ship the Nostromo in the first Alien film, who also reappeared in Prometheus.

SilverSamurai

All Star
Daps
I don't see shyt at 1:31. What am I looking for??
C0iV-zAWIAUcPHc.jpg:large