Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That trailer had me full on :krs: and completely forgetting how much Prometheus disappointed me until that last fukking scene.
Why do these studios keep hiring companies to cut these trailers without monitoring them to make sure they don't include too much?
That last scene in the trailer shows that Jamal Lyon gets killed and it showed too much of the xenomorph creatiure.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
That trailer had me full on :krs: and completely forgetting how much Prometheus disappointed me until that last fukking scene.
Why do these studios keep hiring companies to cut these trailers without monitoring them to make sure they don't include too much?
That last scene in the trailer shows that Jamal Lyon gets killed and it showed too much of the xenomorph creatiure.
Yeah they showed too much. that shower scene seems like something out of Friday the 13th. oh well, long way until this drops.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
:mjlol: at you thinking a black man was gonna survive

and who knows maybe it was a dream :mjgrin:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Movie looks dope.

But man I wanted a proper Prometheus sequel. Thought with new writers they could fix what went wrong in the 1st one.

:francis:

You're not the first cat to say this and I'm trying to figure out why. I just didn't fukk with that movie. There were parts of it that worked but for the most part it was just a mess and didn't know if it wanted to be an alien movie or something different all together so for whatever writing issues it had, that's just something wrong from a conceptual level that will hamper the movie no matter what the writing is. And Ridley's direction was just off too. Promethus can bite the big one

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
You're not the first cat to say this and I'm trying to figure out why. I just didn't fukk with that movie. There were parts of it that worked but for the most part it was just a mess and didn't know if it wanted to be an alien movie or something different all together so for whatever writing issues it had, that's just something wrong from a conceptual level that will hamper the movie no matter what the writing is. And Ridley's direction was just off too. Promethus can bite the big one
:yeshrug: Maybe dudes don't want to see Aliens, people die, and that is all. Other than nostalgia and mythos Alien has nothing going for it other than that so why even make another if you aren't going to continue what you started?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The execution wasn't great, but I liked the potential of where they were going.

It seemed like ole girl was going to visit the planet of the engineers and we were going to the history behind them.
What made that one engineer freak out? etc etc so many unanswered questions...
This looks like another Alien movie...a very dope...but more of the same. :yeshrug:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:yeshrug: Maybe dudes don't want to see Aliens, people die, and that is all. Other than nostalgia and mythos Alien has nothing going for it other than that so why even make another if you aren't going to continue what you started?

I can understand that but for me, I just want a good movie first and foremost and Prometheus wasn't that. The plan was for it to always be an alien prequel but it turned into something else so eventually, this is what we would've gotten anyway. We just got there in a much shorter time span because of the reception to Prometheus.

It seemed like ole girl was going to visit the planet of the engineers and we were going to the history behind them.
This looks like another Alien movie...a very dope...but more of the same. :yeshrug:

And I think some of those questions will be answered. It looks like Fassbender is doing double time here as David and this new character so there's a good chance we'll find out more info but the movie will be firmly in its footing of what its trying to be and what it hopes to accomplish. There's nothing worse, to me anyway, than a flick that doesn't know what it wants to be. It's the equivalent of going on vacation with your girl but you want to go to Paris and she wants to go to Tokyo so you end up picking this third option that neither one of you really wants but it'll do for the time being.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I can understand that but for me, I just want a good movie first and foremost and Prometheus wasn't that. The plan was for it to always be an alien prequel but it turned into something else so eventually, this is what we would've gotten anyway. We just got there in a much shorter time span because of the reception to Prometheus.

And I think some of those questions will be answered. It looks like Fassbender is doing double time here as David and this new character so there's a good chance we'll find out more info but the movie will be firmly in its footing of what its trying to be and what it hopes to accomplish. There's nothing worse, to me anyway, than a flick that doesn't know what it wants to be. It's the equivalent of going on vacation with your girl but you want to go to Paris and she wants to go to Tokyo so you end up picking this third option that neither one of you really wants but it'll do for the time being.
Thats my issue.
It would be like going from Rise of the Planet of the Apes to War of the Planet of the Apes.
Needed just one more movie imo to get us there.

Like I said it looks dope. Just hate I got invested in the first one.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Thats my issue.
It would be like going from Rise of the Planet of the Apes to War of the Planet of the Apes.
Needed just one more movie imo to get us there.

Like I said it looks dope. Just hate I got invested in the first one.

But that's also my assumption. I have no idea what Ridley was planning. Shyt the way Prometheus was constructed, neither did he

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:mjlol: at you thinking a black man was gonna survive

and who knows maybe it was a dream :mjgrin:
I knew he was going to die but the best part of a horror flick is guessing when the black people die Will they go first or will the director try and be cute and let them hang around till near the end of the movie?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

if fassbender is in this it has to has some relation right? maybe a prequel to promethus? or somehow sequel or maybe just shyt tons of fassbots :mjgrin:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

We already know what it looks like (we're 7 movies overall in), why hide it? :childplease:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
if fassbender is in this it has to has some relation right? maybe a prequel to promethus? or somehow sequel or maybe just shyt tons of fassbots :mjgrin:

:wow: So glad someone picked up on that. Cause I put Paris Tokyo for a reason knowing this is a hip hop board first and foremost. Take some rep for that man. That's why you're my homie