"Project 2025 ain't that bad"- Tariq Nasheed

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
It's not like the Democrats are for it. If I vote for anyone, it'll be West since it's a major part of his platform. Voting Biden back in isn't helping it happen any sooner. I'm cool on it not happening in my lifetime if it means it actually happens. Dems had our unwavering support for 60 years and fronted on all tangibles, they blew it. How long are we supposed to go along with Benign Neglect? It's sad and amazing they got away with it this long. As soon as they directly support me, I'll directly support them.
Well we have a fundamental difference on being neglected. I support the Democratic party because they opposed Jim Crow and to this day oppose the far right conservative efforts to make it harder for African Americans. Things like reparations are great to me but not the main thing I am concerned about when it comes to voting. I want more funding for public schools, more government programs for the less fortunate, I want protection of social security, I want lower taxes for the middle class and those making under 400k per year. I want workers to have rights and the ability to create unions to oppose big business. I want healthcare cost lowered, and prescription medicine to be more affordable for everyone, and especially seniors. In my state of Georgia, Republicans just voted down increased funding for Medicare/Medicaid. Stuff like that bothers me, which I am sure you look at like :manny: .I also want DEI programs to be in place, just like I do with affirmative action. Yes, I believe African Americans should be given more opportunities for the same jobs we compete with whites for, and this be a metric that is tracked and cared about.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Well we have a fundamental difference on being neglected. I support the Democratic party because they opposed Jim Crow and to this day oppose the far right conservative efforts to make it harder for African Americans. Things like reparations are great to me but not the main thing I am concerned about when it comes to voting. I want more funding for public schools, more government programs for the less fortunate, I want protection of social security, I want lower taxes for the middle class and those making under 400k per year. I want workers to have rights and the ability to create unions to oppose big business. I want healthcare cost lowered, and prescription medicine to be more affordable for everyone, and especially seniors. In my state of Georgia, Republicans just voted down increased funding for Medicare/Medicaid. Stuff like that bothers me, which I am sure you look at like :manny: .I also want DEI programs to be in place, just like I do with affirmative action. Yes, I believe African Americans should be given more opportunities for the same jobs we compete with whites for, and this be a metric that is tracked and cared about.
If you're satisfied with crumbs and "lift all" shyt, the Dems are for you. Good luck with that. I want empowerment. I'm not good being an underclass. Black NYC and Chicago are being destroyed and turned into ghettos by illegals. Baltimore could be next. No thank you. We have more than enough problems already.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
If you're satisfied with crumbs and "lift all" shyt, the Dems are for you. Good luck with that. I want empowerment. I'm not good being an underclass. Black NYC and Chicago are being destroyed and turned into ghettos by illegals. Baltimore could be next. No thank you. We have more than enough problems already.
If you think all the shyt I listed are "crumbs" then don't know what to tell you. :manny: But can you really say you care about the empowerment of the black community over the empowerment of yourself?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
If you think all the shyt I listed are "crumbs" then don't know what to tell you. :manny: But can you really say you care about the empowerment of the black community over the empowerment of yourself?
Nothing you stated helps predominately Black people, so they're crumbs to me.
Ending Benign Neglect is EXACTLY about empowering the entire Black community.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Nothing you stated helps predominately Black people, so they're crumbs to me.
Ending Benign Neglect is EXACTLY about empowering the entire Black community.
I mean we are 13% of the population if you tryna make the argument of overall proportions. But all the things I listed effect most African Americans and are important. I am not willing to see a slip in those things due to personal gain in asking for a check. Thats a selfish take and you know it. You don't give a damn about public school funding in under served areas do you? Diabetes medicines costs being lowered. You give no fukks right.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I mean we are 13% of the population if you tryna make the argument of overall proportions. But all the things I listed effect most African Americans and are important. I am not willing to see a slip in those things due to personal gain in asking for a check. Thats a selfish take and you know it. You don't give a damn about public school funding in under served areas do you? Diabetes medicines costs being lowered. You give no fukks right.
If they cut the check, we can build our own schools like Jews have and educate our children properly, and get them away from racist cac teachers, fake special ed and all of that.

Insulin was meant to be free. That's not a Black issue. BTW, you know the price lowering started under Trump, right? IJS

If you're shook, an immigrant that can't get reparations, or both, just say that. We want ours. No more crumbs.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
If they cut the check, we can build our own schools like Jews have and educate our children properly, and get them away from racist cac teachers, fake special ed and all of that.

Insulin was meant to be free. That's not a Black issue. BTW, you know the price lowering started under Trump, right? IJS

If you're shook, an immigrant that can't get reparations, or both, just say that. We want ours. No more crumbs.
What can Democrats do right now to pass reparations. Do you think it's possible to do, let say tomorrow. Explain to me how that would work and not in vague "cut the check" terms.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/1
Trump’s Press Secretary is literally starring in recruitment ads for Project 2025

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
GRvZxjGXUAARDpq.jpg

GRvH6uiboAAIcL5.jpg

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
It's not like the Democrats are for it. If I vote for anyone, it'll be West since it's a major part of his platform. Voting Biden back in isn't helping it happen any sooner. I'm cool on it not happening in my lifetime if it means it actually happens. Dems had our unwavering support for 60 years and fronted on all tangibles, they blew it. How long are we supposed to go along with Benign Neglect? It's sad and amazing they got away with it this long. As soon as they directly support me, I'll directly support them.
Now this, I can get with. I don't like Biden, I damn sure don't like Trump, but I do love that write-in line on the ballot.

As far as the couch goes, I believe it will work, but not in OUR favor. I could be wrong, but I only see two outcomes for Black people of we don't excercise our political power:
1. The Democrats (I'm using the party as a whole because the point of the couch is to punish them all) lose in November, and instead of running back to us with some tangibles, they start courting the Hispanic & Asian voting blocs.

2. The Democrats win in November without the Black vote, and decide that since they won without us in 2024, then they don't need to court/bribe/pander to us going forward.

I get what the couch is supposed to get us, but I don't see it playing out that way in real life. Can somebody school me on what I'm not seeing?

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Now this, I can get with. I don't like Biden, I damn sure don't like Trump, but I do love that write-in line on the ballot.

As far as the couch goes, I believe it will work, but not in OUR favor. I could be wrong, but I only see two outcomes for Black people of we don't excercise our political power:
1. The Democrats (I'm using the party as a whole because the point of the couch is to punish them all) lose in November, and instead of running back to us with some tangibles, they start courting the Hispanic & Asian voting blocs.

2. The Democrats win in November without the Black vote, and decide that since they won without us in 2024, then they don't need to court/bribe/pander to us going forward.

I get what the couch is supposed to get us, but I don't see it playing out that way in real life. Can somebody school me on what I'm not seeing?
Voting for the couch gonna get us two more young conservative republican Supreme Court judges. Yeah big win for the reparations movement. :martin: