Professor Emeritus: "Kobe was never clearly the best in any season of his career"

Was Kobe ever clearly the best player in the league?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Kobe is the drew brees of the NBA. all time great. formidable every season of his career. ARGUMENTS could be made for best player in the league at mutliple points.

but he wasnt "CLEARLY' the best in any ONE seaseon.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
nikkas are making phantom arguments though. I never said Dirk was better...

The question asked when was Kobe "clearly" the best player in the world. My answer has been that the years people are giving to Kobe was Duncan, and that the gap with Dirk in those years was close enough that he was in the conversation...

I don't fundamentally believe that the best player in the world will blow a 3-1 series lead, and for people saying '05 Kobe was the best player in the world, I don't think That Guy can be 26 in the middle of his prime and miss the playoffs...

HOW RETARDED ARE U BRO?

YOUR IDOL LEBRON WOULDNT EVEN MAKE PLAYOFFS WIT THAT 06 LAKER TEAM

LET ALONE PUSH A CONTENDING SQUAD TO 7 GAMES

LMAO .. ALWAYS EASY TO SPOT A CASUAL WHEN U SEE CATS USE THAT SEASON AS A NEGATIVE FOR KOBE

:snoop:

Ben.

Heisenbrook
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, FL
I'd say 06-08

'05 was a down year for him and in '09 Bron went to that next level after playing in the Olympics, became a beast defensively and cleaned up some stuff offensively which lead to his first MVP.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
If you haven’t peeped game dudes whole purpose is to discredit anybody compared to lebron

Dude said Michael jordan coming off missing 64 games his 2nd season in the nba & 3rd year jordan was “in his prime” so his agenda of jordan was swept in his prime could rock
Shut yo goofy ass up nikka

I guarantee before I even scroll down that transgendered whore @10bandz is in this thread throwin a hissy fit :mjlol:

What a fukkin useless batty mon :mjlol:

premier58

All Star
Daps

BUT nikkaS WANNA TALK
ABOUT MVP VOTES AND PUPPETS
LIKE WE DIDNT LIVE THROUGH THIS shyt.

:devil:
:evil:

Exactly. We can go further back, too. Ppl were so awe of Kobe, that I remember Antoine Walker describing a 4th qtr explosion by Paul Pierce, as display "Kobeness". Kobe was in best player discussion by 2001. 03, he was wayy up there, too. Doug Collins and Bill Walton(RIP)used to openly marvel at Kobe on NBC broadcasts.