Production/Beats-wise, 36 Chambers may be the GOAT album

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
i have that demo and we can't know for sure when that or lil ghetto were made we do know when they were released.

i don't even wanna get into the muggs/bomb squad/dre etc. influence on rza

what's irritating is much like rza ,wu-fanatics will have you believe he was the first to do everything

for example i remember "xzibit - the foundation" (muggs) being discussed and seeing comments on how it sounds like "classic rza"

Freestyle Fellowship - For No Reason - YouTube
chronic dropped in the last month of 92, it dont matter when it was made, it was heard in 92/93. the 36 chambers demos/songs were done/recorded in 91, 92. i understand what your saying but im not gonna let you slide with that one in particular because The ACTUAL single Protect ya neck/After the laughter dropped before the chronic came out,. rza came back to NY and started really forming the wu in late 91, that demo is from those sessions as well as other demos to be found on the internets. the official single of TEARZ by wu tang released predates the chronic and little ghetto boy period

this version is from 92, 36 chambers one from 93, demo, 91/early 92 at the earliest
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLXEAMfnMBs"]Wu-Tang Clan - After The Laughter Comes Tears - YouTube[/ame]

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
i have that demo and we can't know for sure when that or lil ghetto were made we do know when they were released.

i don't even wanna get into the muggs/bomb squad/dre etc. influence on rza

what's irritating is much like rza ,wu-fanatics will have you believe he was the first to do everything

for example i remember "xzibit - the foundation" (muggs) being discussed and seeing comments on how it sounds like "classic rza"

Freestyle Fellowship - For No Reason - YouTube

Rza may not be the first on anything, but its hard to argue that he ain't better than most when he does it.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
It is def in the top 10 for me, both in Production and Lyrically. This album kicked off the grimy NY era and is classic. Liquid Swords, Return to the 36 Chambers and Ironman are all spiritual successors but 36 Chambers is the foundation.

Grand_Verbalizer

All Star
Daps
i understand what your saying ]

that's all that matters cause i could have just as well posted express yourself ,it's funky enough and plenty of other shyt, i originaly responded to whitemike about an ALBUM FULL of vocal samples (soul, funk movie soundbites and so on)

but that's not the point it's more so the mentality similar to what nas said to jay on hot97 "oh so you the god mc oh no one influenced you .."

what we sometimes fail to realize is that being influenced by and biting are not the same, an artist is always influenced subconsciously whether he knows or not

that being said make no mistake i like RZA's 3 year run as much as the next head and making a RZA vs. DRE is not my agenda here

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
:usure:

Dr.Dre
The Chronic
Death Row/Interscope records, 1992

01. The Chronic (Intro)
Written By: Snoop, Dre, Colin Wolfe
Additional Vocals By: Snoop

contains samples from:

Burke, Solomon
I Wish I Knew: (Atlantic 1968 )
"Get out of My Life, Woman" (Vocals)

Ohio Players
Pleasure: (Westbound 1972)
"Funky Worm"

2. fukk Wit Dre Day (and everybody's celebratin')
Written By: Dre, Snoop, Colin Wolfe
Additional Vocals By: Snoop, RBX, Jewell

Contains a sample of:
Funkadelic
Uncle Jam Wants You: (Warner Bros. 1979)
"Knot Just (Knee Deep)"

3. Let Me Ride
Written By: RBX, Snoop
Additional Vocals By: Ruben Cruz (RC), Jewell

Contains sample's of:

Brown, James
In the Jungle Groove: (Polydor 1986)
"Funky Drummer" (Drums)

Parliament
Mothership Connection: (Casablanca 1976)
"Mothership Connection"

Parliament
Live: (Casablanca 1977)
"Swing Down, Sweet Chariot"

Withers, Bill
Still Bill: (Sussex 1971)
"Kissin' My Love" (Drums)

4. The Day The nikkaz Took Over
Written By: Dre, RBX, Snoop, Daz
Additional Vocals By: RBX, Snoop, Daz

Contains a sample from KRS-One "Got Myself a uzi and my brother a nine"

5. Nuttin But a G Thang
Written By: Snoop
Additonal Vocals By: Snoop

Contains samples from:

Haywood, Leon
Come and Get Yourself Some: (20th Century 1979)
"I Wanna Do Something Freaky to You"

Kid Dynamite
Kid Dynamite: (Cream 1976)
"Uphill Peace of Mind"

6. Deeez Nuuuts
Intro By: Warren G
Written By: Dre, Daz, Snoop, Colin Wolfe, Nate Dogg
Additional Vocals By: Daz, Snoop, Nate

Contains a sample from the movie:

Dolemite Is President
"If I had nuts on the wall. . ." - Dolemite

7. Little Ghetto Boy
Written By: Snoop, DOC
Additional Vocals By: Snoop, Daz

Contains a sample from:

Hathaway, Donny
Come Back Charleston Blue soundtrack: (Atlantic 1972)
"Little Ghetto Boy"

8. A nikka Witta Gun
Written By: DOC, Snoop

Contains samples from:

Kay Gees
Keep on Bumpin & Master Plan: (Gang Records 1974)
"Who's the Man (with the Master Plan)" (Vocals)

Hammond, John (Smith, John Robert)
Higher Ground: (Kudu 1974)
"Big Sur Suite"

Whodini
Escape: (Jive 1984)
"Friends"

9. Rat-tat-tat-tat
Written By: Snoop, Dre
Addional Vocals By: RBX, BJ, Snoop

Conatains samples from:

Hathaway, Donny
Come Back Charleston Blue soundtrack: (Atlantic 1972)
"Vegetable Wagon"

Hutch, Willie
The Mack soundtrack: (Motown 1973)
"Brothers Gonna Work it Out"

Donaldson, Lou
Pretty Things: (Blue Note 1970)
"Pot Belly"

10. The $20 Sack Pyramid
Written By: DOC, Snoop, Dre
Addional Vocals By: Big Tittie Nickie, DOC, Samara, Snoop

Contains a sample from:

Tex, Joe
Live and Lively: (Atlantic 1968 )
"Papa Was Too"

11. Lyrical Gangbang
Written By: Kurupt, RBX, Rage, Snoop, Dre, DOC
Additional Vocals By: Rage, Kurupt, RBX

Contains Samples From:

Nite-Liters
Analysis: (RCA 1973)
"Damn"

Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin IV: (Atlantic 1971)
"When the Levee Breaks" (Drums)

12. High Powered
Written By: Dre, RBX, Colin Wolfe
Additional Vocals By: RBX, Rage, Daz

Contains a sample from:

Hammond, John (Smith, John Robert)
Higher Ground: (Kudu 1974)
"Big Sur Suite"

13. The Doctor's Office
Written By: Dre, Kevin Lewis, Jewell, Rage
Additional Vocals By: Rage, Jewell

14. Stranded On Death Row
Written By: Kurupt, RBX, Rage, Snoop
Additional Vocals By: Bushwick Bill, Kurupt, RBX, Rage, Snoop

Contains Samples From:

B. T. Express
Do it Till Your Satisfied: (Scepter/Roadshow 1974)
"If it Don't Turn You on (You Outta Leave it Alone)"

Hayes, Isaac
Live at the Sahara Tahoe: (Enterprise 1973)
"Do Your Thing"

15. The Roach (The Chonic Outro)
Written By: RBX, Rage, Daz
Additional Vocals By: RBX, Daz, Rage, Emmage, Ruben Cruz (RC), Jewell

Contains Samples From:

Honey Drippers
single: (Alaga 1973)
"Impeach the President" (Drums)

Parliament
Mothership Connection: (Casablanca 1976)
"P-Funk (Wants to Get Funked Up)"

Parliament
Gloryhallastoopid: (Casablanca 1979)
"Colour Me Funky"

16. bytches Ain't shyt (Bonus Track)
Written By: Dre, Snoop, Kurupt, Daz, Jewell (Guessing)
Additional Vocals By: Snoop, Kurupt, Daz, Jewell

Contains a sample of:

Funkadelic
"Adolescent Funk"
Hardcore Jollies: (Warner Bros. 1976)

Little Ghetto Boy is the blueprint for tears ,can it be etc.

Gang Starr - Take It Personal - YouTube

who remembers this ?

You know Pete Rock for his horns. Dre is known for the bass and moods. Nobody really brought the strings in as much as me. I was heavy in strings in the first hundred songs.

Premier did a lot of strings.
He started doing strings after Wu-Tang. Think of some Premier beats with strings.
“Code of the Streets”
“Code of the Streets” came after Wu-Tang. (Laughs) Premier is my man, my nikka but I know when his music changed. I used to always come up to Premier. Premier was killing nikkas but no one was chopping the way I was chopping son. Nobody was able to make three notes make the whole beat, like “Clan in Da Front.” I remember when Premier first heard that he was like, Yo man, son. He was in shock. He started chopping more. He was good for a good loop and a good scratch on top of the loop. Then it was a-boom, ching, jigga-jong. He never did that before. I introduced that mentality to people, to basically chop something beyond sample clearance. (Laughs) Chop it beyond compare. To me, sample clearance is already an illegal business. Because when you make a new derivative of a song then it’s
called a new derivative. It should be a new copyright for it. Take the Method Man song, ‘All I Need.” The version I made for the video, it sounds nothing like Marvin Gaye’s song. The only part is when Mary Blige sings. It’s a whole different mentality. They claimed 90% of that song, as if they wrote it. It’s a criminal activity business going on with that. I think there should be some kind of statutory to it. I as chopping music down to the inch.

[Ed Note: DJ Premier’s “Soliloquy of Chaos” from 1992’s Daily Operation and “Don’t Sweat the Technique” from 1991’s Step In The Arena both made use of strings in the beat. What do you all think?]

soulja's story came out 91 too

I dont know what all that you listed has to do with dude saying RZA was the first to go heavy on the vocal samples.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
that's all that matters cause i could have just as well posted express yourself ,it's funky enough and plenty of other shyt, i originaly responded to whitemike about an ALBUM FULL of vocal samples (soul, funk movie soundbites and so on)

but that's not the point it's more so the mentality similar to what nas said to jay on hot97 "oh so you the god mc oh no one influenced you .."

what we sometimes fail to realize is that being influenced by and biting are not the same, an artist is always influenced subconsciously whether he knows or not

that being said make no mistake i like RZA's 3 year run as much as the next head and making a RZA vs. DRE is not my agenda here

:ahh: i seee now

your dislike for rza getting props and being the Gawd in peoples eyes and in hip hop got you trying to make dre and others be the chief influencers because somebody on the innanets thinks he may have started some ish

it got you posting up accounts to try and discredit his history even though the editor is blatantly wrong and rza is 100% correct.

before 36 chambers even came out, rza studied under prince paul AFTER he made CLASSICS, easy mo bee, and gives props to Marley Marl, Large P and Paul as his influences. rza\gza was making rounds cyphering with Q tip, Kane and Jay z, getting signed, dropped shooting dudes before he even started showing the world his productions and started wu tang. wu tang as a whole always paid their respects to vets before them. rza acts the way he does cause thats the way it was, he did the knowledge and influenced his entire era.

that may make you salty cause you dont like him personally obviously but after rza, premiers production game jumped up 100x. idk what the biting bit is about but EVERYONE gets influenced and premier was one of them and so was rza. dont disagree cause you dont like the rzas attitude, agree with a fact. rza came from an era where you had to be the man to be hip hop, he came with his own shyt depite the everyday influences. u act like rza dont give props thus he dont deserve them

THE RZA:

""When I first heard [Dre's production], it took a long time to get into it. 'Cause back in the N.W.A days, I was in New York and we felt kind of advanced, so we didn't take it seriously at first — 'cause we from New York, yo, know what I mean? We already had our lyrics down, we already had our b-boy [stance] down. But once homie dropped The Chronic, that was it. To this day, in my opinion, I don't think nobody's got a better ear in music than Dr. Dre."

RZA pays respect to dr dre. and many other before him. his whole sound as of late is for clean sonics cause of dr IMO. but your here saying DR Dre lil ghetto boy fathered tearz, a song that came out pre chronic, before lil ghetto boy. :beli: then changing, dont change it up. you are the GRAND VERBALIZER afterall. stop trying to limit rzas scope of influence cause you liked his "3 year run":leostare:

rza is known for that type of vocal sample. layered vocies underneath raps. dre dont do that shyt breh.we're not just talking about jusing just vocal sample sin hooks n shyt. rza puts voices IN the beat.his chops were pin point

Last edited by a moderator:

Mandizi

5-I-3 till I D-I-E
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
36 Chambers was cinematic. I think the Rza wanted the album and other albums he did the bulk of production to be the audio equivalent to watching a film. Him directing movies should be no surprise.

But i wonder what all those joints sounded like that he lost in the flood... he said he had all of the mcs albums done, all they had to was lay verses.

:sadcam: