Production/Beats-wise, 36 Chambers may be the GOAT album

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
From a beats stand point this is one of the greatest rap albums ever, if not the goat album. C.R.E.A.M., Bring da Ruckus, Protect Ya Neck, Shame on a nikka... shyt every beat is a damn near masterpiece to me. 7th chamber is my shyt...I love the way Rza flipped the beat whenever each member start spitting in a subtle way:

Last edited by a moderator:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Cinematic.......beats and lyrics and delivery just blend so well....I was like 2 years late to the party when I heard this album.....I was like :wtf:....

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
linx and swordz are better, to be honest id prolly put Dah Shinin ahead of 36 too(shyt is so fukkin BROOKLYN its sickening)....but Enter the Wu comes in at an easy #4 for me.

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
i actually liked 7th chamber part 2 better thou, but yeah 36 chambers in general is my shyt

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
It came at that perfect time where "old school" New York beats were still being rocked but RZA gave the drums that new flavor with the oddball samples..and the movement of the beats..the breaks and chops...legendary...moved the game into a more ambitious direction for sure

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
It came at that perfect time where "old school" New York beats were still being rocked but RZA gave the drums that new flavor with the oddball samples..and the movement of the beats..the breaks and chops...legendary...moved the game into a more ambitious direction for sure

His creativity was off the charts on this, definitely some of his best work. Another thing that gets overlooked is how he tailored his beats for the different members of the clan on this album.

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
Exactly. And his mind was actually on sequencing all 6, 7, 8, 9 members if they were on a song...he knew who could kick what off, who could play off who...

A producer gets 5,6 people on a song now and it's just thrown together probably in terms of popularity or some shyt

To be honest I'm one of those people that don't have the attention span for whole albums but this is a ride I can go on from start to finish every time, word for word too

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Can someone Point Me to a good remastered version of this album? The one I have sounds awful, and I have to turn my volume all the way up. :sad: