Prodigy (R.I.P.) - The Hegelian Dialectic (Part 2: The Book Of Heroine) (Discussion Thread)

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Hope this gets a CD release.
I’m hoping that HNIC 2, Product of the 80s, Albert Einstein and HD1 get a vinyl release.
I’ll cop HD2 on CD and vinyl if they make them. Lackluster production on HD2, but still a solid 3 mic album. I think we all knew going in that HD2, the album about girls and drugs, had the potential to be a misstep.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Side note, what's up with Big Noyd sounding the way he did on that track? His voice didn't sound as distinguishable as before

good to hear him....shyt, its time for a new album from him....Hope Havoc hook him up again
Some of the vocals on the album clearly sound like they were taken from other unreleased songs. I presume the versions of these songs that they couldn’t clear or chose to remix.

Noyd did sound off, but he’s still got it. I’m gonna chalk it up to a recording fukk up.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fact that ALC still hasn’t posted anything about the album on IG is very disheartening. I have to imagine that he made attempts to be involved in the album and was rebuffed? I can’t imagine any other scenario. The question is why?

Probably timing. He got production on Santana Fox's album that dropped earlier this year.. So I don't think it's any issue between him and the estate.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Probably timing. He got production on Santana Fox's album that dropped earlier this year.. So I don't think it's any issue between him and the estate.
That’s a good point. But maybe something happened after that? I don’t want to speculate. I’ll just say it’s odd he hasn’t posted anything and hope there is an innocuous explanation.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Sid Roams stopped making music about a decade ago.

What????

Their production was dark and grimy. The Sid Roams Strictly Nstrumtl instrumental was dope. Been playing it for a few years now. I even got a copy online off Discogs.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Unfortunately Sid Roams is no more. I think Bravo is doing photography now and I'm not sure what Joey Chavez is up to. They parted ways and ended Sid Roams on good terms in the early-mid 2010's.

That blows... If P was here, he would have worked with em off GP.

I wonder who the Mobb Deep affiliates will get beats from now other than Hav and Alc.