Prodigy (R.I.P.) - The Hegelian Dialectic (Part 2: The Book Of Heroine) (Discussion Thread)

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
I did like a few on 3. Who you Bullshytting. Slept On. Live. G-Up. Rhyme or Reason. Not a ton else though.
those tracks were sick af. This album doesn’t even have tracks on that level besides the premo track. Do you know if an alc album is going to come out for sure?

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
those tracks were sick af. This album doesn’t even have tracks on that level besides the premium track. Do you know if an alc album is going to come out for sure?
Man I don’t want to say anything and end up wrong. When it comes to Prodigy I’ll just say I hope we get more. But I’m gonna try and enjoy this as much as I can

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
review

You Will See

1st track shouldve been titled as the title track i.e. lady heroine or book 2 or whatever

good track but not the intro i expected. infamy vibes 112 shyt here. far from wack just softer mobb. 3 outa 5

Walk Out

this is fire, sounds like something frm las gangstarr album

p does his non rhymes here which sound great on this loop. 5 outa 5 i expect this to be my favorite track unless i get more authentic mobb sounds

Opium

from the intro i thought i wouldnt like it because of the more modern production but i actually dig this. beat is bugged with those triangles or wtf that is lol. surprisingly the longer it played the more intense it became. P flows all over this, very hnic 2 vibe.
3 outa 5

Angel

immediately got infamy vibes again from the intial drop and faith chorus but one minute into it and i can extract grit from this love song. faith compliments the song like chinky did. beat switch unexpected. im fukkin wit this for real. by the end of the song i had a stay from life is good vibe. 4 out 5

Shine

right out the gate this is a NO. the melodic piano loop would save this but that modern production is unfitting here and actually ruins the sample/melody. p is rappin here but the hook needed something to seperate it

the beat switch on the beginning of the 2nd verse wouldve actually made this a 4 outa 5 instead of the 2 outa 5 im givin it. i dont want p on meek mill beats.

Dope

sample hits you and then the beat drops and its a nod. this is how modern sounds should be handled, this is boom trap and actually compliments prodigy heavily. hook is fire too. prodigy voice sounds muffled or the song sounds low quality compared to the rest so far but personally its barely effecting me. 4 outa 5 for proper execution. meek mill NOT rappin on this 1. I GET HIGH.

DONT WANT IT

drums and im noddin heavy. best production so far, im assuming this is dj scratch? its amazing and this sounds like vintage premier or havoc from the 90s WOW. i honestly couldve done 3 verses by P didnt need kane but he still bodied it. song was too short but still 5 outa 5

HEART

aiyo this shyt is it and sounds hard even tho he sayin he hearts u lol. 5 outa 5 i heart p back. so far this the best song it just surpassed the previous song bcause its heavy on the mobb aesthethic. sounds like hnic 1

OD

Nah. this sounds like my man from warriors clickin bottles together. p's rakim rhymes cant save this one nor the beat break. i consider this to be a throwaway for his discography. remy sounded great here she saved this beat, shouldve been her track she just bodied P this is not whats up LOL

3 outa 5 cuz remy really bodied. i will only listen to this in the future if i want remy.

ESCAPISM

more authentic mobb sounds out the gate. this another 5 EZ. the topic he speakin on is complemented by mid 2000 sounding havoc production. VERY dope wouldnt be shocked if this was Al. 5 outa 5

DEATH

funny enough the song on paper that id assume would be the most mobbest song is not. first skip for me, im not interested in this misuse of the mobb and big noyd sounds like his soul is missing. never made it to chinky. 1 outa 5 this worse than the remy track because its unmobb LOL

OTHR SIDE

LMFAOOOOOOOOOO. i actually dig it but i legit laughed. did not expect this. 4 outa 5 he shouldve put remy on here cuz he danced the now. not a good outro tho let that be stated. i will 100% be revisiting this it fits amongst a lotta other modern playlists.

all together album felt like a Lost Tapes

3 Outa 5, was better than hnic 3 which i think i skipped more than half that. i gota revivist it tho only listened once.

i would recommend this to a mobb deep fan, i would just say some tracks are weak.