Prodigy (R.I.P.) - The Hegelian Dialectic (Part 2: The Book Of Heroine) (Discussion Thread)

Driz

Canal Street Collector
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder if any of this album was altered from how P left it before he passed. (beat changes, features etc.)

Anyone have any info of this?

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I posted this earlier in the thread but this is what part two and three are about:

"The Book Of Revelation" (Part 1) = politics and conspiracy
"The Book Of Heroine" (Part 2) = love, drugs & party
"The Book Of The Dead" (Part 3) = street, war and gangster shyt.
So far this is on point :wow:

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
I wonder if any of this album was altered from how P left it before he passed. (beat changes, features etc.)

Anyone have any info of this?
No idea, but posthumous releases can be the last thing an artist wanted.

Just look at the butchering of Dilla's shyt.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
No idea, but posthumous releases can be the last thing an artist wanted.

Just look at the butchering of Dilla's shyt.
@Driz P had finished Books 2 and 3 before he passed, and he had also finished a solo album with Alchemist, and a Mobb Deep album produced by Alchemist. Probably more as well, but there are at least 4 finished projects that P had at the time of his passing.

From what I've heard from Joe The Engineer's streams over the past few years (P's engineer) and everything said by cats like Hav and Alc, I fully trust that they'll do his legacy justice.

Dilla's shyt absolutely got butchered, but a big reason we haven't had any music released from P since he passed in 2017 was to avoid a situation like the Dilla situation happening. I think P's closest friends and family are going to be having the biggest say in what gets released, and they have the best idea for what his vision as an artist was at the time.

I definitely think P would be proud that the world will get to hear Books 2 and 3, and the albums he had recorded with Alchemist.