Prodigy (R.I.P.) - The Hegelian Dialectic (Part 2: The Book Of Heroine) (Discussion Thread)

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
After 2 listens, great album. P sounds calm, focused, production is focused as well. I can really appreciate it when rappers find maturity in their delivery and lyrics as they get older. They can't do it like they did 20 years ago, but find new style that fits where they at in life. Really dope.

What I find interesting as well, is that when you look at H.N.I.C. 2, his conspiracy content was 'basic', Illuminati, Skull & Bones, Alex Jones type shyt. He's much more subtle and seems to have learned a lot. There's not a lot of well known rappers out that can bring that type of stuff. And actually combine it with a positive outlook on how to be a better man.

If I want to listen to Hell on Earth Prodigy, I'll listen to Hell on Earth.
Powerful and prolific posting.
Revisited this album recently.
Doesn’t get enough mentions as one of the elite grown man rap albums.
Bittersweet as P was heading in a new direction creatively and you could tell he was inspired and had so much life and music still ahead of him. :mjcry:
Going on 5 years since the album dropped.
Crazy that the album dropped on the day of Trump’s inauguration. We all had the leak for a week leading up to it thanks to the breh @Deltron :salute:
That doesn’t happen anymore. People asking for links all through the thread. That doesn’t happen anymore.
Posters in the thread not with us anymore in the physical @charmander @semienligtenedbum :mjcry:
RIP to them and RIP to Prodigy.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
was literally just thinking about this shyt last night ... wheres the part 2?

does anyone have the picture of prodigy literally in the illuminati party? that shyt got wiped from the net REAL QUICK

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
see what I mean they took this off Tidal too

deandrejordan-dunkface.gif

spooky hours

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
see what I mean they took this off Tidal too

deandrejordan-dunkface.gif

spooky hours

I’m still tryna figure out why his Hegelian album is still missing from streaming services. P must’ve been speaking a lil too much truth :wow:

That's crazy it's missing, that's why I just sample music on these services. :yeshrug:
Most of his solo catalog isn’t available on streaming platforms. There are ongoing issues with the estate. It doesn’t seem, at this point, that they are going to be resolved, any time soon, and perhaps ever. :mjcry:

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Most of his solo catalog isn’t available on streaming platforms. There are ongoing issues with the estate. It doesn’t seem, at this point, that they are going to be resolved, any time soon, and perhaps ever. :mjcry:
Damn that's unfortunate :wow:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
it's so depressing, man. P's legacy deserves a lot better than this.

u mad son?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Prodigy’s IG just posted that Vol 2 is coming this year :blessed:
I saw this and instantly got fukking gaaassseeedd

Man, I can't believe it's been 5 years since Hegelian Dialect. I rememeber it like it was yesterday..

Me and my boys jus blazed up, we parked up outside in the whip and I said yo check out P new shyt.... We was stuck from start to finish.... The production was so unique but the lyrics was awakening....

Man passed not long after and here we are 5 years later with a part 2. I just know these lyrics are going to be timless, it's going to be prophecy