Prodigy (R.I.P.) - The Hegelian Dialectic (Part 2: The Book Of Heroine) (Discussion Thread)

Funcrusher

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good and bad news. Parts 2 and 3 are done. There's also an album with Alchemist done, and a Mobb Deep and Alchemist album done.

The bad news is that there's so much legal red tape with Prodigy's estate and the music business that Prodigy owed a lot of money to at the time of his passing, that there's no clear end in sight for when any P music may end up on streaming, and this not only includes unreleased music, but most of his solo catalogue as well.

:mjcry:

Now I'm never really with the whole super rich artist such and such must help out with their money, but in this case I can't help but wonder if 50 can actually do something here.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Now I'm never really with the whole super rich artist such and such must help out with their money, but in this case I can't help but wonder if 50 can actually do something here.
he maybe could, but the biggest problems are A: the total amount owed is extremely high. Probably pushing half a million dollars. More importantly, B: the 2nd issue is that there's a dispute over how much money is actually owed. So I think part of the reason that no wealthy person wants to step in and pay it is because if it turns out they didn't actually have to pay as much as they think, then they don't want to have wasted money.

Funcrusher

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he maybe could, but the biggest problems are A: the total amount owed is extremely high. Probably pushing half a million dollars. More importantly, B: the 2nd issue is that there's a dispute over how much money is actually owed. So I think part of the reason that no wealthy person wants to step in and pay it is because if it turns out they didn't actually have to pay as much as they think, then they don't want to have wasted money.

Wack stuff man. One would think the debt could actually be paid off by releasing the music.
But yeah it's probably too complicated to solve on a message board. It's just maddening to not see it released, since it's also apparently finished. And the fact that P is my favorite rapper.

Bickin Back Being Bool

The Devil My Opp
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto, Kanada
Good and bad news. Parts 2 and 3 are done. There's also an album with Alchemist done, and a Mobb Deep and Alchemist album done.

The bad news is that there's so much legal red tape with Prodigy's estate and the music business that Prodigy owed a lot of money to at the time of his passing, that there's no clear end in sight for when any P music may end up on streaming, and this not only includes unreleased music, but most of his solo catalogue as well.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why did I pop in this thread Jesus Christ :mjcry:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC

This is soul crushing :mjcry:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

oh fukk man. this sucks.

I'm so glad he and mobb deep both have full albums completed with the alchemist as well. one day we will get all this piff plus the last 2 completed prodigy albums.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
That's why having the physical + mp3's on harddrive beats streaming any day. I have 64 GB SD card in my phone with rare music that's not on any streaming site

I have 25K mp3's on my laptop and typically keep 4k songs on my phone. I am subscribed to apple music and YT music, but I stick to the shyt I have downloaded. my family uses the streaming services. I have like 700 custom playlist that I keep updated, and that's what I use for my music.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
500k is "extremely high" debt for a rapper who's unreleased catalogue would earn that somewhat quickly?
P is my favorite rapper ever but unfortunately most of the money to be made from his music is in the old Mobb catalog.

Streaming generates almost no money. A vinyl drop on an Alchemist album could rack up a 6-figure payday for sure.

It’s not so much about what he owes. It’s about the lack of agreement on what he owes and how any revenue he generates going forward would be divided. If the parties don’t agree it don’t happening, as much as it hurts to say. Sadly if it were a simple issue it’d be cleared up by now

• Dap
Reactions: ADP