Prodigy of Mobb Deep dead at 42

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Infamous hell on earth Murda muzik end of story nas ain't shyt to prodigy if anyone thinks different it's there opinion but to me nas gets outshined by prodigy on many levels. Nas scribbled in his note pad just like jayz if anything both r phoney rappers who tf cares.

Even though it is part of artist's allure, forget all extraneous stuff like personal life, street "authenticity", production, etc.....and we talking straight lyrical dexterity, lyrical flows, and diverse lyrical content in combination as a package........Nas is better than P if you took average of all those categories.

However, if you talking intensity of delivery, then Prodigy could make a street tale or some conspiracy shiit sound dark and grimey and dope....which he overshadows Nas, in that category. Prodigy could make washing and drying clothes sound dope with the cadence and intensity in his rapping voice. Plus, albums like
Hegelian Dialectic showcase that he definitely has had more diverse content compared to when he first started.

That's a not a diss by no stretch, it's a personal assessment of the lyrical package of rappers.

Last edited:

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
Something I think hasn't been touched on is how good they were live with each othe. I thought their sets were well put together. Hav and P were audible, didn't stumble over words and brought the proper amount of energy. Whenever one took a break the other filled in. They had it down to a science.

Yeah real pros man

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Their best interview to me, it really showed that these two were friends

Realest part is 1:10 where prodigy recites the hook to where ya heart at

"Have you ever lost a loved one?
Or never understood love 'til you lost one?
Where your heart at?
I left mines behind with my dearly departed
Where your heart at? Strength missing
To take losses is the hardest
The ones that overcome be the calmest
Strive regardless. Where your heart at? Brave-hearted.
Now lets find out where nikkaz hearts' at"