Prodigy of Mobb Deep dead at 42

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
I vaguely remember Prodigy rapping over this Alchemist beat but can't place the track. Does anyone know if he has a song on this beat?

as far as I know, the beat originally belonged to Mobb .....I think Lil B rapped over it later. But it was just Havoc rhyming over it....no Prodigy (unless there's another freestyle out there).

Regardless, the track goes hard

Last edited:

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
speaking of Mobb Deep cassettes, I always preferred this remix

not so much the hook though :whoa:

This lesser-known version is my favorite.....it's the demo tape version. Maybe because I don't really like R&B hooks on Mobb Deep tracks...IMO they were always among the best in the game at crafting catchy hooks that were rapped (instead of having guest singers)

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
Yo @mobbinfms @TheDarceKnight gotta question do u kno what joints were cut from Return of the Mac i remember it pose to be a mixtape but they made it into an album and cut some of the songs off i kno dirty new yorker was on didnt some end up on h.n.i.c. 2...im tryna put together an ultimate ROTM LP

The Life too if I'm not mistaken. Go listen to his commentary disc from hnic 2. Maybe that clears things up

Edit: there is also the Pre-mac mixtape. So maybe tracks on that mixtape were cut from ROTM

oO J Smooth Oo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uk
Flying to the USA tomorrow gonna digest HNIC from start to finish.

Which albums of P solo releases are his most lyrical to check out for my journey?

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
That's not accurate at all breh there are different versions of sickle cell disease from a worst to best it's SS, SC, beta, hemoglobin e, and the trait which usually has no symptoms but can pass the disease on to offspring. People with SS and SC who make to to 30 are seen as having a "good run". Cormega said it himself in that letter that Prodigy never expected to live this long. :francis:

Every pain crisis could essentially be the "last one" depending on how quickly they treat it, what your hemoglobin levels are, if you are having acute chest syndrome(I've only had acust chest once and literally thought I was going to die had my hematolgist not rushed to the ER out his crib it would have been wrap for your boy krack :wow: ) stroke is also a lead cause. Sickle cell slowly kills your bones(the ones with ball and socket joints) the older you get its becomes a more painful existence just to be.

I'm 35 yrs old and have had 2 hip surgeries, gall bladder removed, inflamed liver that had to be drained, lost vision in my right eye(surgery got some of it back).

Pending surgeries in both knees and my right shoulder.

Mind you I don't drink, I don't smoke, I eat healthy and exercise regularly and still get hit with about 2-5 hospital stays a year.

The older people in the community say as you get older it's harder to "fight" and I kind of get what they mean. There is a phrase in boxing when a guy has a tough fight that "he left a piece of himself in the ring that night" that's the perfect way to describe SC every hospital stay you leave a piece of you there until there is nothing left to leave at 42 I think P didn't have any left to leave and I understand.
damn, didnt know you were going through this, keep fighting breh we are rooting for you :salute:

RIP Prodigy i wasnt a fan from day one but in the last few years I caught up to see how brilliant he was when hed randonly show up on some random album by some of my favorites. I ended up collecting mobb deep music AND I never been to New York but his music is like taking a trip there. In my opinion he is the embodiment of new york rap and i loved his book. Im gonna miss dun.