Prodigy of Mobb Deep dead at 42

Family Man

Banned
Daps
I vaguely remember Prodigy rapping over this Alchemist beat but can't place the track. Does anyone know if he has a song on this beat?

phonthought3000

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The '84 Babies
Yo @mobbinfms @TheDarceKnight gotta question do u kno what joints were cut from Return of the Mac i remember it pose to be a mixtape but they made it into an album and cut some of the songs off i kno dirty new yorker was on didnt some end up on h.n.i.c. 2...im tryna put together an ultimate ROTM LP

Last edited:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
:rip:

42 man......42........

I mean nikkaz normally don't die this early from sickle cell. WTF man.

That's not accurate at all breh there are different versions of sickle cell disease from a worst to best it's SS, SC, beta, hemoglobin e, and the trait which usually has no symptoms but can pass the disease on to offspring. People with SS and SC who make to to 30 are seen as having a "good run". Cormega said it himself in that letter that Prodigy never expected to live this long. :francis:

Every pain crisis could essentially be the "last one" depending on how quickly they treat it, what your hemoglobin levels are, if you are having acute chest syndrome(I've only had acust chest once and literally thought I was going to die had my hematolgist not rushed to the ER out his crib it would have been wrap for your boy krack :wow: ) stroke is also a lead cause. Sickle cell slowly kills your bones(the ones with ball and socket joints) the older you get its becomes a more painful existence just to be.

I'm 35 yrs old and have had 2 hip surgeries, gall bladder removed, inflamed liver that had to be drained, lost vision in my right eye(surgery got some of it back).

Pending surgeries in both knees and my right shoulder.

Mind you I don't drink, I don't smoke, I eat healthy and exercise regularly and still get hit with about 2-5 hospital stays a year.

The older people in the community say as you get older it's harder to "fight" and I kind of get what they mean. There is a phrase in boxing when a guy has a tough fight that "he left a piece of himself in the ring that night" that's the perfect way to describe SC every hospital stay you leave a piece of you there until there is nothing left to leave at 42 I think P didn't have any left to leave and I understand.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
There's a few, "Last Words", "When Your Dying", "Straight Murder", but I may be mistaken. "When I See U" off HNIC 2 was always aa classic, just reminded me of wilding type nights in high school, running into parties

"yo dun take the blunt while I fukk this nikka up..."

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Listening to Havoc's solos (with Alchemist/Kush) right now.

The Mobb/P/Hav catalog if you also include their features/ mixtapes/ unreleased/ soundtracks etc is SERIOUS.

Like, they're way up there when it comes to sheer volume of ill music. I never slept on P but these Hav albums I slept on like a muthafukka, I didn't think he could be interesting without P.

That Alc album is ILL and Kush is dope as fukk too. Got the rest loaded up on Tidal.

His original solo album would've been a classic easily. With Bump That, The Illest, Crawl Back Under that Rock, Can't Let 'Em

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Also in his book I believe much of it is factual, but he always frames the story like he's Supernikka or something :pachaha:

We all took L's P, it's fine.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC