Prodigy of Mobb Deep dead at 42

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I understand what P's cause of death was but what actually causes everyone with sickle cell anaemia to die in their early to mid 40s exactly?
This what I saw

"Acute chest syndrome (ACS) occurs when the lung tissues are deprived of oxygen during a crisis. It can be very painful, dangerous, and even life threatening. It is a leading cause of illness among sickle cell patients and is the most common condition at the time of death."

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

@phonthought3000

I think I got you covered. So P wanted mostly the gritty blaxploitation loops (like Mac 10 handle and return of the Mac) for the project and wanted to save some of the more polished loops and some of the chopped up soul beats (like bang on em and stop frontin) for hnic 2. So he and Al compromised and did a mix.

The Dough, Represent Me, Money Is a Weapon, and Dirty New Yorker were all taken off ROTM for the deluxe edition of HNIC 2.

Ther may be more but those are the main 3 that got cut.

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Btw I've been out of the country since the day P died and I'll be back this weekend and I'll post more. I've been away from wifi for a while now and trying to enjoy the trip. @mobbinfms if I've missed any good P threads in the past week feel free to tag me and I'll catch up this weekend and also post some songs and some mixes.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Laying the legend to rest today:mjcry:

Yeah but after digesting all of this thread and realizing how much P created during his time in this world you have to sit back and be amazed. He left a legacy beyond that which most people ever do. Music, books, a movie, personal videos, touring the entire world...

And this is from a person that was afflicted with a condition that gives you unimaginable pain...and somehow he translated that in his music. That's incredible to me.

I been bumping mobb for over 20 years and 50 years from now I will still be playing it. Rest easy P, we all born to die, but not everybody leaves an immortal legacy.:lawd: