Prodigy of Mobb Deep dead at 42

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
Yo so what was the situation with prodigys health prior to him getting sick in Vegas?

Because I think I saw somewhere in this thread where there was an Instagram post where someone said they "didn't want to talk about prodigy falling back into hold habits" or some shyt

I was watching an old TBC interview P did from I think 2013 when he dropped HNIC the book and P said he hadn't been sick in like 5 years

I know he was working out and changed his diet but did he stop fukking with drugs and alcohol too when he got out? If he did quit but started fukking with the drugs and alcohol again recently I wonder why if he seemed so focused

And Nore posted a video the other day of him P and a bunch of people backstage somewhere and P takes a shot of liquor and just got a crazy look on his face

I know we all make a face when we take shots but that shyt looked like it was killing him to take that shot idk man something just looked off

This is some bullshyt man he definitely didn't have to die

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
Yo so what was the situation with prodigys health prior to him getting sick in Vegas?

Because I think I saw somewhere in this thread where there was an Instagram post where someone said they "didn't want to talk about prodigy falling back into hold habits" or some shyt

I was watching an old TBC interview P did from I think 2013 when he dropped HNIC the book and P said he hadn't been sick in like 5 years

I know he was working out and changed his diet but did he stop fukking with drugs and alcohol too when he got out? If he did quit but started fukking with the drugs and alcohol again recently I wonder why if he seemed so focused

And Nore posted a video the other day of him P and a bunch of people backstage somewhere and P takes a shot of liquor and just got a crazy look on his face

I know we all make a face when we take shots but that shyt looked like it was killing him to take that shot idk man something just looked off

This is some bullshyt man he definitely didn't have to die

Yeah I read that in an article somewhere. I think from Mass Appeal but not sure. But P cleaned himself out when he got in prison and stuck to that shyt all the way till 2013. But I remember him smoking again in 2014. Maybe he means that with old habits. In Prison he had nothing but the focus of his health. When he came out of prison the workaholic P started to take effect and we all know what stress does to a person. Stress makes sure the old habits kick in again and you need to be a strong fukker to build a new system (working out and shyt like that) to kick those bad habits. An P having sickle cell makes that even harder. I guess he fell for that and started smoking and drinking again. But fukk do I know. I don't know him personally this is all just a guess.

bigesco

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
FOH with that Noyd better than H A V O C shyt. I hate it when cats try to make it seem like HAV was some sorta B Rapper or sum shyt, he was fukking ill and held his own always. Lets see how you sound having to rhyme with 95 96 PEE on every fukking track lmao. HAV has countless classic verses and outshined Pee on a number of tracks.

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
FOH with that Noyd better than H A V O C shyt. I hate it when cats try to make it seem like HAV was some sorta B Rapper or sum shyt, he was fukking ill and held his own always. Lets see how you sound having to rhyme with 95 96 PEE on every fukking track lmao. HAV has countless classic verses and outshined Pee on a number of tracks.

Word. And he never fell off. Infamy is still good because of Havoc.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
I ain't gonna front it wasn't till I got older that I realized how ill havoc is

Noyd got a dope voice though

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
Hav did his thing on Infamy but y'all sleep on Prodigy's performance on that album. I was just listening to "Clap" and "Home" yesterday and he killed his verses.

He sounded so dull man on most of the records of Infamy. Some are recorded in 2000 and those are fire but them 2001 tracks. He just sounded lazy.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
He sounded so dull man on most of the records of Infamy. Some are recorded in 2000 and those are fire but them 2001 tracks. He just sounded lazy.

Fair enough, but I'd just make the argument that there isn't one Mobb album where P doesn't have the most memorable verse. Even though Hav is a dope rapper too imo.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hav did his thing on Infamy but y'all sleep on Prodigy's performance on that album. I was just listening to "Clap" and "Home" yesterday and he killed his verses.

I agree. But at that point Hav took over.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
Yeah I read that in an article somewhere. I think from Mass Appeal but not sure. But P cleaned himself out when he got in prison and stuck to that shyt all the way till 2013. But I remember him smoking again in 2014. Maybe he means that with old habits. In Prison he had nothing but the focus of his health. When he came out of prison the workaholic P started to take effect and we all know what stress does to a person. Stress makes sure the old habits kick in again and you need to be a strong fukker to build a new system (working out and shyt like that) to kick those bad habits. An P having sickle cell makes that even harder. I guess he fell for that and started smoking and drinking again. But fukk do I know. I don't know him personally this is all just a guess.

Damn for real?

Any interview I saw he looked sober than a muthafukka

And was still working out like what 6 years now after his bid?

This whole thing makes no sense to me