Prodigy of Mobb Deep dead at 42

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Legit every day since P passed it's like I wake up, go in Coli, check my alerts, see this thread and feel the jolt of shock again like "he died?" :mjcry:

Had a BBQ at the crib last night and we was grilling, drinking henny and bumping Mobb. Good vibes. Last night it really was the nikka in me, accompanied by the Cognac.

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why do people keep asking about hov? them nikkas wasn't cool, they never did a song together. Jay said he respected him as an mc that's all that matters. As long they aint shyttin on him in death what's the problem?
This.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw a Rosenberg interview from a while back saying he still listens to Mobb Deep and he considered Prodigy one of the greatest MC's out there at one point.

After listening to non stop Mobb all week, just have to add something.

Noyd should have been on more tracks and he is a better lyricist than Havoc.

That Noyd ep was dope.i and a lot of people were anticipating a full length noyd album big time

From the ep to his verses on the infamous his buzz was crazy. Think he went to jail right after that which killed his momentum

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
At 11, you taught me There's a War goin on outside, in junior high the projects Front lines & the enemies One-time, and by highschool I Ovastood MobbPhonics/InfamousBonics:lawd:

...s
ee noBODY made pain sound cinematically blissful. I never forget when the GAWDDESS

Ananda interviewed you on Teen Summit about your long-life battle with Sickle Cell. I entered

college and the hectic real world FUKKERY with that H.N.I.C/Getaway/Win or Lose attitude. Brought US ALC:dj2:, and your countless/obscure collabos (A+, Mariah, Curren$y,

Conway) made the cypher complete. Albert Einstein:fire: was a return to form for my 90s Hip-
Hop Vet actually rhymin:laff: potent BARZ together again. Hegelian Dialetic, while somber, was a triumphant reprise to your indelible legacy. Thank you P:rip: for showing US how to persevere despite the ailments WE face: Survival of the Fittest from the Cradle to the Grave:salute::wow::to::mjcry:

Last edited:

Way Of The Gun

You talkin' to me?!
Daps
Reppin
Crimson Tide
I'm still hurt...I heard about it P's passing the same day.. then a storm came through and tornado touched down and cut my power out for 3 days.

But in the midst of me coming back to this thread, I realized that all Hip Hop heads know the deal and showing P mad love and realize he was one of the best at his craft.

Most definitely a big loss :snoop:..

One my top 5 verses from P.

"Dreams of growing old with my son to lift weight, little man I plan to enhance your mind state, the rebirth a nikka who lived the ill life, the one before me was of even more trife"..

"Here take a toke of this, deadly rare vocalist overpower y'all, tiny noise like locust like sunlight thru a magnifying glass eye focus and burn a hole straight thru ya brain and leave ya open (Oh shyt!!!!) AND LET THE VENOM SOAK IN.."

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw a Rosenberg interview from a while back saying he still listens to Mobb Deep and he considered Prodigy one of the greatest MC's out there at one point.

After listening to non stop Mobb all week, just have to add something.

Noyd should have been on more tracks and he is a better lyricist than Havoc.

No he's not.(listen to Hav's verse on GODlll)Noyd was a good side rapper though.