Prodigy of Mobb Deep dead at 42

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
Ugliest cd ever though, looked like an advertisement for the new york mets with those colors. I know it's suppposed to be the color scheme of the project building signs but still. Could never miss it in a pile.

Mobb_Deep-The_Infamous-CD.jpg

• Dap
Reactions: Paz

SemiEnlightenedBum

The Project's Manly P Hall
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
I'm Hard Like D-Block Readin The Book Of Enoch...
Everything not Illuminati, everything not a evil plot, nah
Everything not the black bullet, sometime people just get shot
Caught up in a random act of violence
Murder over dumb shyt
Everything's not connected
Some things are, but you buggin'
You takin' it too far
Stop starin' up at space
Pay attention to life on Earth
You worried about the wrong things
Let's talk legislation, all these laws changin'
Foreign bankings, let's talk Proposition 37
Let's practice the First Amendment
She say she love when I speak my truth
She search for me her whole life
I tell her, "Go 'head, keep searchin'
'Cause you ain't never gon' find
Another with my balance, my vibration, I resonate"
My pull is magnetic, I'm attractive
But I give more than I hold

If you were actually paying attention, you would have already caught up with this one. You're still on H.N.I.C.2 Prodigy, when he himself was already waaaaay past that.

eye already psychically knew one of ya'll would come in here quoting that bar/song..just was too busy taking in 2 youtube video's&and reading an article concurrently to post it i here,damn my procrastinating ass..:manny:

Prodigy prolly already knew he was on the list&made his soul contract with the creator before he came to Earth..and he knew that so he was at peace with this life/reincarnation transformation...

Funcrusher

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
eye already psychically knew one of ya'll would come in here quoting that bar/song..just was too busy taking in 2 youtube video's&and reading an article concurrently to post it i here,damn my procrastinating ass..:manny:

Prodigy prolly already knew he was on the list&made his soul contract with the creator before he came to Earth..and he knew that so he was at peace with this life/reincarnation transformation...

I'll just leave this for what it is.

Let's just keep it going with the music and tribute video's and everything

LozLink

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Breh, isnt it hot with that tin foil on? :picard:

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
Q-Tip did a two hour radio show

Q-Tip Dedicates 2-Hour Radio Show to Mobb Deep’s Prodigy: Listen | Pitchfork

So I've been away from the world of hip hop for a long time and i have a shyt ton of prodigy material fot me to listen to from prison release onwards.

But i just came across all those bullshyt tweets Havoc put out back in the day? Wtf was that about? Pee was never disrespectful to Hav ever if i can recall correctly right?

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Lil' Kim and Havoc to honor Prodigy at the BET Awards Sunday 6/25:

2f8932ac0ab4c29436256bc34ee38cbc.jpg

(Prodigy, Lil' Kim, Havoc & Hype Williams on the set of "Quiet Storm Remix")

Unfortunately, there will be no tribute performance.
The BET Awards will feature a special tribute to Mobb Deep's Prodigy following his unexpected death this week. The legendary rapper, who passed away at 42 following a lifetime battle with sickle cell disease, will be honored by his Mobb Deep collaborator Havoc and fellow New York rap legend Lil Kim at the ceremony Sunday night. According to TMZ, BET did their best to organize a tribute performance on short notice, but unfortunately were not able to put one together due to contracts with scheduled performers. Instead, Kim and Havoc will share some "personal words" in their tribute to the late rapper.

As soon as I heard the news on Tuesday, I knew all I would hear about is "Shook Ones pt. 2" (SMH @ some fans still not having hear part 1 yet too) and "Quiet Storm Remix", Both songs were sequels and produced R&B Classic Remixes from Mariah with "The Roof" and 112 with "It's Over Now". These were the two tracks that seemed to burst through pop culture the most for Mobb. Yes they had some hit records with 50 but none of those records seemed to have the same cultural impact that these two records had for Mobb. Both Classics, Both Legendary but all of us Mobb Heads know those two tracks only scratch the surface. If these two songs are what bring people to research and learn more than cool. I won't get into "Bandwagon" talk because Death always brings in new listeners to artist so it's all good. I'm all for people discovering new music or songs they missed out on. Most of the tweets have been these two songs.

So basically these records are their "Juicy", "Dear Momma" etc type tracks. One positive thing that seemed to have come from Prodigy Death is that us so called "Old Heads" have officially draw a line in the sand. Lyricism is Lyricism, Emceeing is Emceeing. Nobody will "Redefine" nothing as the Greats have already defined what Great Emceeing is. The lines have been set and established. That mumble mess are not bars and it's not lyrical period and I personally will not give something a "Pass" just because it's trendy. When you've been raised on sh!t like Prodigy, you have standards for this Hip Hop sh!t. With all that said, "Quiet Storm" both versions still blow me away till this day. Just an Epic and Classic Song all the way around. Both Videos were classic too:

Last edited: