Prodigy of Mobb Deep dead at 42

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
fukk man. That was the concert I thought about going but it just never happened. Some personal bullshyt

Life's a bytch bro:mjcry:

Still fukked up. Anyone who kind of knows me knows I been rocking the Malcolm X avi for about a decade now, going back to the SOHH days.

That changes now :mjcry:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Crazy how much love Prodigy has been shown in light of his death.

I made a FB post about it and I had blacks, whites, latinos like it. Surprisingly some females. A filipina I knew in college was one and a few black women.

I had this old tall goofy white guy I used to work with. He was a software developer like my comment as well and I was like :gucci:

Who knew all these people had love for the Mobb considering they did not reach high commercial success and crossover like someone like Jay-Z, Kanye, Dre, etc.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
Perspective | How Mobb Deep’s Prodigy changed rap music with 8 words

"To understand how is to try to understand how human beings survive the unfathomable cruelty of life — a cruelty formidable enough to make a child renounce his faith, but not enough to make a man forfeit his humanity. Maybe we should honor the request Prodigy made in the penultimate line of his “Shook Ones (Part II)” verse: “Take these words home and think it through.”

:wow:

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Yeah but he redeemed himself. The track below dropped a few years later.

What do you mean "redeemed himself"? His verse on Pearly Gates was quality and thought-provoking. If you're religious then I understand it was offensive or whatever but that doesn't mean the verse was trash or anything.

Max Goonberg

Superstar
Daps
shyttt.this fucced me up.had real admiration for my son p.official queens nikka. tried to play his shyt and it hit me hard...theme music for mad summers and winters.Mobb deep/P never came out of rotation.the last of that pre gentrified nyc.never hated n embraced alot of young nikkas .still hd a stong pen. going thru mega ty nitty hav n nas ig fucced me up even more.damn this one hurt. Rest up THUNN! i hope you know how much nikkas love n appreciate you.