Prodigy of Mobb Deep dead at 42

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Dog everybody in my circle hurting from this. I swear I spent the whole day reminiscing with nikkas about all these random moments in our life and how mobb was part of the soundtrack to it all. It just so bugged to me how music has this effect on all of us like that. It just gives this background color to it all. You identify who you are from it. Like I feel like any nikka from NY mid 90s we was all on that same vibe. P was by far one of the strongest voices to it. Dude was our voice brehs. That gritty street shyt..

Like to me he reached that rare moment in hip hop were your voice and lyrics reach this peak where everything you put out is fire. Like some lightning in a bottle type shyt. It's so crazy how just like athletes, rappers can hit this peak. Me personally that peak moment I felt like he hit was hell on earth. We can always debate that and I spent countless threads here arguing it. Just crazy man..

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
Remembering (way) back in the day, I made "Cradle to the Grave" my stadium intro music on NFL 2K5. Got me ridiculously hyped every time. :laugh:

A few years ago I discovered the "Free Agents" album listening to Pandora. Borders on sacrilege, but I think I like this version's "Shook Ones" - a freestyle, at that - and "SotF" almost as much as the Infamous ones (even though they're much shorter). Dude had that gift of flow like not too many others.

Here's another favorite (SIAP)...set the tone for the whole track. That rawness..... :wow::wow::wow:

Man. RIP to the brother.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
This
Soulja slim
Odb
Biggie
And pac

Are the hardest rap deaths for me

Brah I remember listening to night time vultures over and over playing NBA Live 95 (I didn't get 96 and I loved 95 to death):mjcry:

I remember when the source van was in Dallas the summer I was here with my sister
And they gave out the sampler bags that had "survival of the fittest" and I think "temperatures rising"
With the wutang joints on it:mjcry:

I remember watching New York Undercover and the episode with "blood sport" was played:mjcry:

I remember nikkas aggy as fukk when I said "Hell on Earth" was better than Biggie's shyt:mjgrin:

I remember nikkas ready to fight when I said Prodigy was top 5 :mjcry:

"Don't call Tasha":wow:
"Narcotic":mjcry:

Them nikkas had P along side G rap on some sick shyt:mjcry:

"Rotten apple":mjcry:
"Mac 10"
"Catch body music":mjcry:
"Can't complain":wow:

So much more:mjcry:

Last edited: