Pro Black but Equal Oppurtunity Dater

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
fukk outta here, nobody said "diss your mixed brehs"

i'm saying biracials are used as an excuse for nikkas to date outside their race. then whites take these same people and hail them as the best, brightest and most attractive of the black community. y'all feed right into the game whites have been playing since slavery.
lol, no one is encouraging interracial dating. i would say that i don't even encourage integration either--- but then you'd snap ur fingers and twist ur neck and call me a militant.

Your father mane...... She made you sensitive.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lol, no one is encouraging interracial dating. i would say that i don't even encourage integration either--- but then you'd snap ur fingers and twist ur neck and call me a militant.

Your father mane...... She made you sensitive.

but you're the one throwing weak ass insults and name calling like a passive female. ya feelings are clearly hurt :wtf:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Your jumping to conclusions. Im saying we shouldn't exclude our mixed brothers and sisters from our struggle

You can INCLUDE biracials but still acknowledge that they are half white and thus have privilege, agree?

Our community keeps ignoring that fact and it allows biracials to be at the forefront.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
so someone with a white parent, in a white community, shares my history or oppression? :mjlol: kumbaya, my lord, kumbayaaa
If their ancestors were enslaved, if they would've had laws against them in the Jim Crow south, and if white folks look at them as just another ****** than yes they share your history of oppression. Yall keep ignoring the comment I made about Frederick Douglass too

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
but you're the one throwing weak ass insults and name calling like a passive female. ya feelings are clearly hurt :wtf:

I'm just trying to be as accurate as possible. :sas1:

you trying to come at the end of a convo just to talk shyt:sas2:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
all these light skinned blacks wouldn't exist without interracial mixing at some point, whats your point? just accept the status quo because whites set the standard?
Me and you might not be here if it wasn't for interracial mixing. We may never know but then again theres a lot of our history we don't know. That's the plight of the Black American

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
If their ancestors were enslaved, if they would've had laws against them in the Jim Crow south, and if white folks look at them as just another ****** than yes they share your history of oppression. Yall keep ignoring the comment I made about Frederick Douglass too

Biracials have living breathing White supremacist in their family. They share a PART of our oppression.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
You can INCLUDE biracials but still acknowledge that they are half white and thus have privilege, agree?

Our community keeps ignoring that fact and it allows biracials to be at the forefront.
We can agree to that up to a point. But then that's only part of the problem. You got black folks like Colin Powell who look like they could be mixed but aren't and white folks just love to put him on a pedestal as an example of all thats "right" with America. Whether someone is mixed or just light skinned I think they are viewed a little different at times but like I said earlier Ive seen my mixed homies get treated like shyt by whites.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child

We can agree to that up to a point. But then that's only part of the problem. You got black folks like Colin Powell who look like they could be mixed but aren't and white folks just love to put him on a pedestal as an example of all thats "right" with America. Whether someone is mixed or just light skinned I think they are viewed a little different at times but like I said earlier Ive seen my mixed homies get treated like shyt by whites.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
This dumb nikkas covering his ears now. I never argued it was effective in solving black people's problems but rather the effectiveness of whining about its shortcomings 60 years later you idiot.

So you're basically saying black men overall are underachievers? I can't take what you written any other way.

Opus

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Obviously we disagree but the respect is lost because you can't even make an intelligent counter argument. No I don't think that the people that you named were pro black. Now make your argument for why you claim that they were and I'll easily counter it. That's how you have respectful debates.
Breh, I've given arguments throughout this thread. Even enumerated them. But for your "respect" I will reiterate.

1. You say CRM leaders aren't pro black because the movement did not succeed and was about integration/equality. That is irrelavent because it requires hindsight. In the moment, they were radically pro black. You cannot apply our sensibilities and our understanding of the world to theirs. They risked their lives for shyt we take for granted in order to do what they thought was support and champion black people.

2. Black people have a lot of problems. You can show favor, support, and champion black people without addressing all of them. You can be very compartmentalized in your activities and still support, champion and favor black people.

3. Pro black is not a boast or brag. You do not ever have to say it to be perceived that way. As a practical matter, most black people who you champion support or favor will not know your familial status. To them you are pro black.

That's just 3 I feel like retyping. But yes, I have tried to respectfully debate this issue.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps

I didn't say biracials weren't oppressed or that Black could not be c00ns while biracials couldn't be pro black.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Frederick Douglass' father WAS a white supremacist slave owner but does that mean his oppression was any less?

You don't think there was a full Black person who had the same potential as Frederick Douglass had they had biracial privilege (being taught to read)?