Pro Black but Equal Oppurtunity Dater

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I want to know what Mars Punka looks like now.

I need perspective. :sas2:

Opus

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You'd have to be an idiot not to recognize there is privilege attached to lighter skin. And I don't consider mixed people black but only because they self identify as mixed.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
No where we disagree is you insist on support, championing, and favoring equating to definitive solutions. That's bullshyt.

If you want definitive solutions yes it necessarily includes families. But we are talking about being "pro" something not the "messiah" to something.
You claim to want blacks to improve as a collective but your strategy is flawed in my opinion. You want blacks to be treated fairly by whites hence fighting for black equality.

I am not interested in whites recognizing blacks as equals...I am in interested in blacks exercising self determination to improve their stock as a collective which will in extent demand the respect that we claim that we want. Under that umbrella and the root of all of this are black families which extends to a stronger community at large. You are trying to make a puzzle with missing pieces and pieces that are not even part of the puzzle that you claim that you are putting together.

This is my issue when the the discussion of pro blackness is discussed, that some folks who tout themselves as black rights activitists think that working on strengthening black families are optional.

Listen, we view things from different perspectives. But I tell you this, you work from that angle and I will work from mine and we will see what will lead blacks further in the long run.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I asked for stats on mixed people having more advantages and all the stats said something about dark skinned and light skinned. I saw nothing about biracial except for one stat that had to do with the husbands of mixed females

Are you dumb? :mindblown:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Malcolm wasn't biracial though?
his mother was mostly white or half white and was lighter than most cacs.

he considered himself biracial and mentioned his white blood all the time. Went by the name Detroit Red at first because he was light w reddish hair. Etc.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
his mother was mostly white or half white and was lighter than most cacs.

he considered himself biracial and mentioned his white blood all the time. Went by the name Detroit Red at first because he was light w reddish hair. Etc.
But he still wasn't biracial if his mother was biracial and his father was black.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
072312-celebs-Boris-Kodjoe.jpg

"I walk the Earth as a Black Man"

that's what ^ says. Translation.... I'm a just as much a black man as these nikkas... I don't have a CAC pass.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
:mjlol: Don't you realize Brazil was a Portuguese colony? Theyre not Hispanic
That's beside the point, why are women from a different country calling for solidarity of black american women if our experiences aren't shared? They could have easily been Afro-Dominican doing the same thing.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
072312-celebs-Boris-Kodjoe.jpg

"I walk the Earth as a Black Man"

that's what ^ says. Translation.... I'm a just as much a black man as these nikkas... I don't have a CAC pass.
Why ya'll trying to use this one drop rule? If you have one white parent and one black parent, your biracial not black sorry.

With that being said, I've never stated biracials couldn't be pro-black or being solidarity with blacks. But they can't talk about issues that don't pertain to them.

Opus

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. I never said anything about fighting for black equality. That's something you all made up in this thread.

2. It's not a competition.

3. I support, champion, and favor black people in my pro Bono law practice. I've never claimed pro black, but have been called it in so many words. Also, it's shown in the trust and confidence I'm given.

4. I feel like we all have a part to play in supporting, championing, and favoring black people. I do not feel I am hurting us in my actions. And whether I choose to wife a white person or not have any children at all I have done things that can be measured and have improved the lives of black people.

You claim to want blacks to improve as a collective but your strategy is flawed in my opinion. You want blacks to be treated fairly by whites hence fighting for black equality.

I am not interested in whites recognizing blacks as equals...I am in interested in blacks exercising self determination to improve their stock as a collective which will in extent demand the respect that we claim that we want. Under that umbrella and the root of all of this are black families which extends to a stronger community at large. You are trying to make a puzzle with missing pieces and pieces that are not even part of the puzzle that you claim that you are putting together.

This is my issue when the the discussion of pro blackness is discussed, that some folks who tout themselves as black rights activitists think that working on strengthening black families are optional.

Listen, we view things from different perspectives. But I tell you this, you work from that angle and I will work from mine and we will see what will lead blacks further in the long run.