Pro Black but Equal Oppurtunity Dater

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Is she really at the forefront though? Or is she just a chick with a youtube channel? I've never heard of her.

The nikkas on the so called FRONT copy this bytch all the time if you pay attention.... many current youtube or online men that's mentioned in all these threads.......

bite off her. or have done stuff with her..

and if she's now on the for front.. then who is?:leon: She kicks the realest. So does a few others....

If ur gonna name some black elitest female. Do not even quote me:camby:

Who would you say is on the forefront...........Shonda Rhimes

:dead:
images

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
So if I told I was mixed would you just let it slide simply because I said it :usure:
That doesn't even make sense. You have to realize that depending on where your ancestors were enslaved makes a big difference on your current point of view. Yes becuz of conditioning we believe that they are black but their history once they got to those shores was completely different. You look at Jamaica and Barbados and they were English colonies just like here but the white colonists didn't live there like they did here for the most part. They had their big plantations but had other blacks who they could trust oversee it and they only visited from time to time. White folks didn't do well in the islands becuz they weren't used to the climate. The same thing happened on the islands off the coast of the Carolinas and Georgia. As a result all these people were able to retain a lot of their African customs. We were stripped of ours becuz we had to live directly under the white folks

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Biracial Privilege: the List

When someone experiences political privilege, typically it's at the inconvenience or expense of someone else ...
... and that's the main reason I feel racial privilege needs to be acknowledged, even when that privilege is limited.
On a Black forum I frequent, there's ongoing debate as to whether or not biracial people (about equally Black and White) and those who are mostly White, experience racial privilege, relative to people who are mostly or fully Black. Because I believe biracials do, I promised to generate a list of some BR/White privileges I've either experienced, or witnessed other BRs receive. First, here are a few factors I suspect help determine the degree of privilege:

• phenotype (ethnic appearance)
  • lightness/darkness of skin
  • white acculturation (to what degree someone is familiar with or participating in White culture)
  • dress style (Euro-associated, Afro-associated, Asia-associated, etc. ... and/or some combination)
  • racial demographics (specifically: level and duration of exposure to Whites)
  • local politics (conservative, liberal, moderate, etc.)

In my opinion, the Whiter or more ambiguous your BR phenotype, the lighter your skin tone, and the more White or biracial-acculturated you are, the more likely you are to experience quite a few of the following privileges. ...

Overt racism

You've never had a "negro wake up call" (to your conscious awareness):
For example: Was never called an n - - - - r, or other slur for Blacks; never had someone let you know "your type isn't wanted around here." ... No one has locked a car door or clutched her purse as you walked by.
Whites and non-Blacks typically give you a warm social reception. They readily smile and initiate discussions and don't usually seem nervous or standoffish to you, as a group.

Achievements, accolades and media exposure

As of 2010, BRs still only represent 2.7% of the American population, according to the USCB, but are disproportionately over-represented in American academia, politics, and other vocations and industries, especially relative to Blacks.

In reality, there are likely more than 2.7% of us. While dual ancestry could have been claimed on the 2010 census, (waning) acceptance and practice of the "One Drop Rule" may have led some BRs to only identify as "Black". But even if there are twice as many BRs in the US compared to the latest USCB report, BRs still appear to over-represent Black people in the areas described above. In that way, BRs may have some privilege as a group, based on model minority status, relative to Blacks.
BRs are also disproportionately over-represented in media. BRs - most often ambi-BRs - tend to suffer less negative stereotyping in the media, relative to Blacks. This may translate into social privilege in the form of a warmer, or at least more neutral, reception by many non-Blacks.

As a BR, you see people like you playing a variety or roles in movies and on TV, that are meant for Blacks, BRs, Latinos, Italians, Greeks, Whites and others.

That over-representation is a privilege. Some groups are less psychologically visible as Americans, because they must go out of their way to find images of themselves in American media, or in public venues. BR presence is especially dominant in "Black" magazines and advertising.

Social Situations
You will more likely have immediate social acceptance from White and non-White Americans.
For example: If you're a White-appearing or ambi-BR, Non-Blacks may say things like, "You're so handsome ... I need to introduce you to my daughter," while looking you directly in the eyes and wrapping an arm around your shoulder.
A less dramatic example: Older, conservative-looking White strangers act in familial ways, like offering to fix your shirt collar, or flip a tag back into your shirt). They tend to ask before touching your hair.

Positive stereotypes are often ascribed to you.

Any stereotype can be problematic. Positive stereotypes create pressure to live up to high expectations, and any stereotype paints a group with too broad a brush. But those positive assumptions can result in unearned, relative privilege, because those who are positively stereotyped are often given the benefit of the doubt in many situations, where others aren't. While BRs sometimes get negatively stereotyped as "confused" or (less frequently) "tragic", there are several very positive stereotypes that likely offset the negative ones. ...

For example: Statements commonly made about BRs are, "You have the best of both worlds" (whatever in the Hell that means), "You guys are always so great looking","You represent a better future", etc. Silly BR stereotypes will often be more positive or neutral than negative.
You can often express negative feelings openly without fear of being reduced to a negative stereotype.

For example: Assuming you look ambi-BR or White, you've likely never really thought twice about possible racist backlash for spontaneously expressing your anger, outrage or disgust toward a White person in a position of authority over you, or in front of a larger White audience. You're pretty sure you've been viewed as an individual expressing a problem you wanted fixed, rather than as a (Black) trouble maker to be tolerated, dismissed or punished.
You've done inappropriate things like raise your voice at your boss or yell at a White cop, and you weren't treated harshly or arrested as a result. There may have been a neutral reaction, as if the person decided you're just having a bad day. They don't tend to reprimand you or give you that citation you deserved for going twice the speed limit.
No one's given you cause to believe you've been stereotyped as the "aggressive Black man" or the "angry Black woman", etc. You don't worry about coming across as a stereotype and you don't selectively watch what you say around Whites.

You're unaware of racial tension between you and White people.
For example: In-store security people barely notice you. You're not uncomfortable or self-conscious of your ethnicity while in White public spaces, or when there are cops nearby. When you're a tourist in a heavily White area, you know from experience that all it takes is looking slightly lost, and people will immediately volunteer to give you directions. (Yes, even in "unfriendly" cities like Los Angeles, NYC and Newark; and regardless of your gender.)
You've never been questioned about your intentions when shopping or momentarily sitting/standing outside a business establishment. You don't wait longer than non-Blacks to be seated at restaurants. You aren't praised for being "articulate". You aren't expected to speak for all Black people in discussions. If you are a women: from experience, you know that when your car breaks down, a good samaritan of any "color" will likely show up very soon, if not right away, to help you.

When it's just you and a bunch of your White friends or acquaintances ...

You don't notice White strangers staring or giving dirty looks when it's just you among your White friends or acquaintances. (Geography needs to be kept in mind here. The more racially diverse the region, the less likely you are to get open reactions.)

Racial shape-shifting

If you are racially ambiguous, certain groups may immediately treat you "as one of theirs", leading to warm, "familiar" social exchanges and easier business interactions.

Dating/marriage
You will attract people from diverse ethnic groups with relative ease (though racial barriers to marriage may or may not exist).

Of course the degree of ethnic diversity in your environment is a pretty big factor.
You have been openly hit on by hard-core racists (like neo-Nazis or other "White pride" enthusiasts), in front of their racist White friends. I'm not suggesting it's a privilege to be hit on by these knuckle heads. I'm saying their reaction to you is a strong indicator you're accessing White privilege in every day life, possibly without knowing it.
People don't seem to care who you date or marry.

If you've dated (or date) Whites and/or non-Blacks, no one bothered to point it out. No one acted like it was unusual. You didn't get incredulous or dirty looks from anyone. Once again, geography needs to be kept in mind. A more racially diverse region typically means less open reactions.

Business/employment
Stats mean numbers. This doesn't mean shyt. All this basically says that mixed and light skin folks both get better treatment. So basically light skin folks cant be pro black either even with both parents being black

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Stats mean numbers. This doesn't mean shyt. All this basically says that mixed and light skin folks both get better treatment. So basically light skin folks cant be pro black either even with both parents being black

Good lord you are dumb :dwillhuh:

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
The nikkas on the so called FRONT copy this bytch all the time if you pay attention.... many current youtube or online men that's mentioned in all these threads.......

bite off her. or have done stuff with her..

and if she's now on the for front.. then who is?:leon: She kicks the realest. So does a few others....

If ur gonna name some black elitest female. Do not even quote me:camby:

Who would you say is on the forefront...........Shonda Rhimes

:dead:
images
No need to get defense I was simply asking a question. And what the hell has Shondra Rhimes done for black women or our collective struggle for you to even bring her up.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Good lord you are dumb :dwillhuh:
I think he's saying......

some lighter people look like they could be mixed.

So based on those stats some light skinned people may...........gain privilege in you guy's imaginary world of .......

darks got it harder than the other blacks.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
No need to get defense I was simply asking a question. And what the hell has Shondra Rhimes done for black women or our collective struggle for you to even bring her up.
i was trolling you...
I was doing the trolling in a sexist and generalizing type of way.

and i believe that rhimes sets black women back.

but you mention....... "who is this bytch"... " is she really on the forefront"

I'm asking......... "who is on the forefront for women"

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
You know what I'm simply gon lurk, I can't take it anymore

28465-Jerry-Seinfeld-leaves-gif-yxqm.gif

i was trolling you...
I was doing the trolling in a sexist and generalizing type of way.

and i believe that rhimes sets black women back.

but you mention....... "who is this bytch"... " is she really on the forefront"

I'm asking......... "who is on the forefront for women"

Now you're just being obtuse, I never called her a bytch I just asked was she making moves or was she just talking on youtube.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I think he's saying......

some lighter people look like they could be mixed.

So based on those stats some light skinned people may...........gain privilege in you guy's imaginary world of .......

darks got it harder than the other blacks.

until you consider

that

biracials

have

White parent, uncles and aunts, cousins, grandparents, family friends

half white, crazy isnt it :ohhh:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
nikka I asked for stats. Until I see some numbers you aren't off the hook. nikkas wanna call me dumb but when I asked for stats he aint show me no numbers...Why you think nikkas take a Math class called Statistics smh

and you were given stats :dead:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
until you consider

that

biracials

have

White parent, uncles and aunts, cousins, grandparents, family friends

half white, crazy isnt it :ohhh:
they can't be automatically discounted because they may have been raised w the black parent, in the black community.... and they are black.

It's not as common as you think that the black mixed looking kid is embraced by and afforded all the mainstream society privileges.