Pro Black but Equal Oppurtunity Dater

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
The only reason we're called black is becuz our English slave masters insisted on it. They knew what they were doing was wrong but they had to rationalize it some way. The Spanish colonists viewed shyt way different and were a lot more open to miscegenation
So you don't view black hispanics as black nor do you think we have a shared struggle but you think we have a shared struggle with biracials and that they are black? :leostare:

I'm not understanding your points.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
More economic, education opportunities, more media representation and less brutality and they can access White privilege via their White parent and family members.
If theres stats for that I would like to see them posted. The mixed nikkas I know live just like me. In fact one grew up with less money. And how to they get more media representation when the media calls them black? And white privilege? Many white families don't want anything to do with their children if they have kids with someone of another race

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
If theres stats for that I would like to see them posted. The mixed nikkas I know live just like me. In fact one grew up with less money. And how to they get more media representation when the media calls them black? And white privilege? Many white families don't want anything to do with their children if they have kids with someone of another race

defendants who were perceived to be more [visually] stereotypically black were more likely to be sentenced to death only when their victims were white
pg 385
http://www.deathpenalty.org/downloads/Looking-Deathworthy2006.pdf

Perhaps the most compelling discovery of the study was that they found that the effect of skin color on educational attainment and socioeconomic status between light- and dark-skinned Blacks is equivalent to the effect of race between Whites and all Blackson these two domains.
pg 4
http://abcnews.go.com/images/Politics/Colorism_JASP_Article.pdf

Dark-skinned Blacks in the United States have lower socioeconomic status, more punitive relationships with the criminal justice system, diminished prestige, and less likelihood of holding elective office compared with their lighter counterparts. This phenomenon of “colorism” both occurs within the African American community and is expressed by outsiders, and most Blacks are aware of it. Nevertheless, Blacks’ perceptions of discrimination, belief that their fates are linked, or attachment to their race almost never vary by skin color.

White subjects acting as managers of a firm recommended hiring fair-skinned more than dark-skinned Black job applicants, despite identical credentials.

People with dark skin are also more likely to grow up in difficult circumstances. A 1999 study of 3900 first-year students in selective colleges and universities found that Blacks from segregated neighborhoods had darker skin than those from integrated neighborhoods (Massey et al. 2003).
http://scholar.harvard.edu/jlhochschild/publications/skin-color-paradox-and-american-racial-order

Whites have a significant role in maintaining skin color stratification in terms of income and education, as they are the majority of employers and educators.
http://www.mills.edu/academics/faculty/soc/mhunter/If You are Light You are Alright.pdf

T
he husbands of mixed race black females were six percentage points more likely to be employed,five percentage points less likely to be “disconnected”, and11 percentage point more likely to be employed in a managerial or professional occupation than non-mixed black females

Nonetheless, racially mixed black females that are married are significantly less likely to be
in poverty than their non-mixed black female counterparts
for both the younger and older cohorts.

Moreover, by 2006, for both the age cohorts of 16 to 29 and 28 to 43, mixed black and white females were a lot more likely to be married to a male that self identified as racially white (nonblack), than to a male who self-identified as racially black (nonwhite)—2.7 times more likely for the younger cohort, and 1.7 times more likely for the older cohort. Hence, mixed black females may have access to a larger pool of “marriageable” males, since they inter-marry at a much greater rate

and when darker skinned people actually do find a way around all the above hurdles, they still don't break any stereotypes:

A new study out today in SAGE Open finds that instead of breaking stereotypes, intellectually successful Black individuals may be susceptible to being remembered as “Whiter” and therefore ‘exceptions to their race,’ perpetuating cultural beliefs about race and intelligence. This new study shows that a Black man who is associated with being educated is remembered as being lighter in skin tone than he actually is, a phenomenon the study authors refer to as “skin tone memory bias.”
http://www.sagepub.com/press/2014/january/SAGE_edBlackmenWhiterperpetuating.sp

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
The stats that were presented had more to do with dark skin vs light skin. According to yall theres a difference between being light skinned and mixed so Im still waiting on these stats...

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
lol, you don't view Malcolm X as a black MAN?

lol.

We black men have a hard enough time in our own struggle for justice, and already have enough enemies as it is, to make the drastic mistake of attacking each other and adding more weight to an already unbearable load.
Malcolm X
I'm trying to figure out where Malcolm X came from? I thought we were talking about black hispanics :mindblown::wtf:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
So you don't view black hispanics as black nor do you think we have a shared struggle but you think we have a shared struggle with biracials and that they are black? :leostare:

I'm not understanding your points.
I view black Hispanics as black just like you do but who are we to tell them they are wrong becuz they don't consider themselves black? Again the black American experience is unique and different to every other experience of the African diaspora

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
lol, you don't view Malcolm X as a black MAN?

lol.

We black men have a hard enough time in our own struggle for justice, and already have enough enemies as it is, to make the drastic mistake of attacking each other and adding more weight to an already unbearable load.
Malcolm X
These are the same people who don't consider Bob Marley black and automatically have excluded him from being pro black

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm trying to figure out where Malcolm X came from? I thought we were talking about black hispanics :mindblown::wtf:
i heard you when u said black Hispanics... were black to you... so i left it alone. Even tho many black women do not Agree.

I'm saying why not the people mixed like malcolm?

I was saying.. you can't pick and chose based on marspunka pov.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
I view black Hispanics as black just like you do but who are we to tell them they are wrong becuz they don't consider themselves black? Again the black American experience is unique and different to every other experience of the African diaspora
So why were Afro-Brazilian women calling for solidarity to Black American women if our experience is so different? :leostare:

And, yes, I can tell someone they're wrong if the DNA don't match what they're saying.