Primo ain't been the same since Guru

KingsOfKings

π•„π•’π••π•π•šπ•“ π•šπ•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒π•₯
Daps
Its either Nas wanted Prem to focus on his vintage sound (ala the old "Nas can't pick a beat to save his fukking life") or Prem just stuck in his old ways because ain't no way dude just take a piece of a sample and have the drums fill in the gaps like this is 1999 :scust: . I'm far from a "super producer" and even I know when to add a twang to the sample.
That part.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Bun B, imo as someone that grew up on UGK, is a shell of himself post Pimp C.

CL Smooth dropped off the planet when he stopped rocking with Pete. And nobody cares about Pete these days.

Q Tip...I don't know about Kamaal to be honest. He had a few hits post ATCQ/Phife.

Has any duo/group really survived after a separation/death?

Or is it just the passage of time?
Phonte became so popular after Little Brother that fans of Foreign Exchange had no idea he was actually in a rap group prior

My 1st cousin's daughter, who is 16 years younger than me, about 10 years ago asked me if I had ever heard of Cee Lo, not knowing I was listening to him when she was in diapers. So Cee lo also survived.

Erick Sermon is 10x more popular with his solor work than he was with EPMD

Cube, Dre, and Eazy all dropped classic paltinum albums post-NWA

Scarface dropped classic albums post-Geto Boys

Mr Mike had a hot ass album after South Circle

Sometimes a group may hold certain members back.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
I think Primo's problem is that he's trying hard not to sound like Primo by adding old elments from his style trying to update it. He just be himself and fuk the rest. Large Pro last year gave Termonology, Paul Wall, and Bun B a banger. And he's always giving Neek the Exotic heat.

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
I dont think premier has been the same since digital/pro tools were introduced

There's credence to this I think. Also I noticed when he stopped using Eddie Sancho as his main engineer his stuff stopped sounding the same.

Guess who's using him now?

Alchemist

Phantom Dreamer

All Star
Daps
There's credence to this I think. Also I noticed when he stopped using Eddie Sancho as his main engineer his stuff stopped sounding the same.

Guess who's using him now?

Alchemist
:snoop:

this explains a lot.

someone in another thread said the white boy from the Joe Budden Podcast mixed the track with Nas :beli:

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
primo still makes fire

nas picked a wack beat

simple
I said that in another thread and that fakkit azz nigguh asked me how I knew that. Well basically because he rhymed on it!!! If Nas didn't like the beat, he could have told primo he didn't like it and used something else like with the 'represent" beat.