Price of the brick going up (ps5 price increasing)

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
They're only doing that because they have to in order to sell the S. People already see it as the lesser system which is why it's on store shelves and they are eating the cost to try and move units. I can easily see the system being discontinued in a few years.
You are missing what it's for then. It's going to end up being the highest selling sku for Microsoft by a wide margin this generation. Microsoft was hellbent on $299.99 because it's their Trojan horse into the house.

What we saw in prior generations was that cost was really preventing some gamers from joining early in the generation. And when we looked at trends in Silicon and hardware costs in this generation, we saw that we weren’t going to see the kinds of decreasing costs that we saw in prior generations,” Hamren explained.

That led us to realize that we could deliver a fully next-gen accessible console at the beginning of a generation, and when we were building this, we also realized that a number of our customers cared more about frame rate than they did about resolution. So we realized we didn’t have to require a 4K TV for this console,” Hamren continued, explaining the console’s 1440p target output.

Hell, I didn't believe it at first but they were right. The Series S is going to prove to be one of the most prescient financial decisions ever made in gaming. Up there with the decision to go with cds over cartridges or 2D vs 3D as a console base of graphical power. We know it doesn't compete with the 4K consoles but when most of the world is playing Fortnite, Among Us, Minecraft, Roblox and Multiversus, you don't need bleeding edge visuals for none of those. Most don't even have the television to run 4K stuff anyways.

The Series S/X are computers in console form basically. Nothing in either is 'exotic` as far as solution. The PS5 has a big heatsink solution in there that costs a ton of money for example. They've reduced it already but it's still costly. Liquid cooling isn't exactly cheap either.

This isn't going to hit Sony and Microsoft the same.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You are missing what it's for then. It's going to end up being the highest selling sku for Microsoft by a wide margin this generation. Microsoft was hellbent on $299.99 because it's their Trojan horse into the house.

It's sitting on shelves now :unimpressed:

Easily available. Them shyts are not wanted like that.

There's a reason PS5s and XSXs can't stay in stock at stores.

Last edited:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Yeah demand for the s has plummeted, demand for the ps5 continues to go up. Seems simple enough

They gonna start giving series s’ away free with the purchase of a series x soon
In the only place that breaks down the sales by individual sku, the S outsells the X regularly in Japan. We see that with Media Create sales charts.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
In the only place that breaks down the sales by individual sku, the S outsells the X regularly in Japan. We see that with Media Create sales charts.

Only because they are shipping more not because they’re more in demand, there aren’t Series X sitting in stock at big japanese retailers or amazon.jp

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
Dumbass cac about to fukk up all the hard work Killa Kaz put in last gen. :snoop:
I didn't think Sony would do this. Jim Ryan gotta fall back. All the work the previous PS heads hunchos put in is getting eroded away by this guy.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This is 2nd gen in a row they had a price increase in Canada. I am for sure going to get every console I can get at launch since it takes awhile for price to drop and they can increase price whenever.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I didn't think Sony would do this. Jim Ryan gotta fall back. All the work the previous PS heads hunchos put in is getting eroded away by this guy.

I really don’t understand the rational behind thinking jim ryan alone is going to raise the price of a sony product. The CFO said on an internal call that they weren’t going to comment on it, which means the decision is from Sony HQ. They’ve raised the price of all their other consumer electronics.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I really don’t understand the rational behind thinking jim ryan alone is going to raise the price of a sony product. The CFO said on an internal call that they weren’t going to comment on it, which means the decision is from Sony HQ. They’ve raised the price of all their other consumer electronics.

Saw the writing on the wall when the former CFO took over for Kaz when he retired as CEO

The money/numbers guy will have tunnel vision towards them numbers a lot and not look at the big picture.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, its common and has been done before Jim Ryan. I am not his biggest fan, but Sony has done this in the past where they've raised prices due to the economy and how much they can ship in a region. Last gen the PS4 had a price increase in man regions due to the economy

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is the same old Sony y'all been loving.

The nikkas that been hate on playstation ain't been hating on them just to hate.

This behavior been consistent:manny:

Maybe they'll change there minds from backlash tho

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This is the same old Sony y'all been loving.

The nikkas that been hate on playstation ain't been hating on them just to hate.

This behavior been consistent:manny:

Maybe they'll change there minds from backlash tho

it don't affect Americans or Euros
this ain't the first time either

Exchange Rates and Supply/Demand. Is what it is.