Price of the brick going up (ps5 price increasing)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Series S is sounding more and more like those 500 games in 1 mall gaming consoles.

I'd be embarrassed to be seen buying one. It's like buying a condom that's NOT a magnum, the unspoken silence at the register would bring any man to his knees. Sorry but raise the damn price Sony, we will GLADLY play more for premium. :wow:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Series S is sounding more and more like those 500 games in 1 mall gaming consoles.

I'd be embarrassed to be seen buying one. It's like buying a condom that's NOT a magnum, the unspoken silence at the register would bring any man to his knees. Sorry but raise the damn price Sony, we will GLADLY play more for premium. :wow:

200.gif

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Restoring the feeling.
sonyprice.jpg
This was obviously a pivotal moment but also in ways that aren't so obvious

Thinking back on this it wasn't so much the price that sunk this, they still sold out at launch. They even had the Apple "lock most wanted features behind higher price tag" game on lock with PS2 BC and those models sold out first. The aesthetic was luxury with the piano black high gloss finish, it was fat for its time but I think the PS5/1X match it but neither one looks as elegant. They positioned the PS3 to be a luxury device and it was basically the video game version of a Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Ferrari etc.

That's also where the issue came in. A Ferrari ain't gonna worse than a Camry, it's all cotton at the end of the day but a Gucci shirt will feel different than a Walmart. There was basic shyt the 360 did that the PS3 couldn't and Sony bet on single player winning out over online which seems absurd 16 years later. Add in they couldn't hide their confidence/arrogance publicly and the gen was over before it started, the movie hacks were just icing on the shyt cake

If they invested in online and made a developer friendly SKU we'd be paying $1k+ for consoles right now just like we do iPhones, who knows the effect that would've had on PCs