Who do you WANT to win?

• Total voters
Daps

In that quote, it says

Black children younger than 18 years of age account for 16.6% of 210 reported influenza-associated deaths in 2009.

16.6 percent of 210 is 35 ppl.

So we lost 35 ppl under Obama contrasted with over 75,000 under Trump.

You really thought you had something there, didn't you?

tenor.gif

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Exactly.

Look at Obama's pick of Joe Biden in 2008. Biden came in what 7th in the primaries and had to drop out? And Obama picked him to be his VP.

Obama was young and nobody assumed that Biden would ever be taking over for him for health reasons or anything else besides a possible assassination. It's people, people who are voting for Joe that don't believe he'll last a full term. shyt one of the main knocks against her in the press before she was picked was the the fact that she might too ambitious for VP and really had her eyes on the presidency, her "Harris Administration" slip up kinda plays into both of those things.

Daps
Obama was young and nobody assumed that Biden would ever be taking over for him for health reasons or anything else besides a possible assassination. It's people, people who are voting for Joe that don't believe he'll last a full term. shyt one of the main knocks against her in the press before she was picked was the the fact that she might too ambitious for VP and really had her eyes on the presidency, her "Harris Administration" slip up kinda plays into both of those things.

Of course she's ambitious. And even if she aint eyeing Biden being unable to finish his term, best believe she's eyeing 2024.

But that's not a knock against her. I can only think of one VP in the past 30 something years that didn't run for president and that was dikk Cheney.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
For the record id rather have a democratic c00n in the Whitehouse that will put in programs that will help us by proxy than an open white supremacist who is actively trying to kill us off and take shyt back to the 1940s. I know its a tough choice for some but for me that shyt is easy.

Id rather live in hyper liberal, whiney, p*ssyfied America than the Jim crow remix.

sosayeth

All Star
Daps
In that quote, it says

Black children younger than 18 years of age account for 16.6% of 210 reported influenza-associated deaths in 2009.

You're literally going to ignore the entirety of the content and frantically focus on the one sliver of hope you had? The most blatant desperation move ever? Still I did think you'd deflect in a different manner, so I'll just have to give you this (free) class without being able to use your words against you a second time.

Lesson 1
Before SARS-CoV-2, influenza and other respiratory-related illness mortality were not required by the CDC/WHO to be stratified by age group outside pediatric mortality. You sought to take advantage of this by jumping to the definitive number you saw, thinking I would be distracted by you ignoring the rest of the data, but that won't work with me, ma'am. Lesson 1a - and fun fact - is that before then race was also not required to be reported in adult fatalities, though many states do so anyway.

Lesson 2
From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.
The way influenza-like illness related mortality was calculated pre-2020 was by a systematic process that included individual-determined symptoms ("subjective complaints"), physician-determined "signs" (objective findings), both RT-PCR and RIDT (look 'em up), autopsy of the patient and retrieval of tissue samples that were then sent to laboratories to genetically isolate the viral culture. There are pages upon pages of the various processes the CDC designates as methods of establishing laboratory confirmation. (The Internet can be really great, if used as a tool to accumulate knowledge, which then assists one's mental facilities (however lacking yours may be) to come to conclusions rather than vomiting up some hysterical shyt you saw on Twitter.)

That pediatric 210 (the actual final initial estimate was 282) number is a part of the CDC's immediate initial estimate (as stated) of the 12,469 mortalities determined to be caused by the H1N1 strain of the influenza virus. This leaves of us with an initial estimate of (12,469-282=)12,187 adult moralities, a significant disproportion were black Americans (which you are only just now learning.) Though unfortunate, still not a large number by any means. Much ado about nothing, right? Well.

Lesson 3
After an epidemic or pandemic is over and immediate initial estimates are tabulated, researchers then get to work calculating, as best they can, what they believe to be more accurate estimates of the total effect of a bacterial or viral outbreak. Thus...

The modest number of 18,449 laboratory-confirmed deaths from the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic caused many to question whether the response was excessive. A recent World Health Organization (WHO) study analyzing the global mortality of the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic contradicted this previous mortality estimate. The new study published in PLoS Medicine found mortality rates may have been 10 times higher than previously estimated, killing 123,000 to 203,000 people from respiratory illness. Researchers combined data from WHO and mortality statistics from 21 countries, which accounted for approximately 35 percent of the world’s population, to estimate mortality.

Jun 27, 2012 (CIDRAP News) – Working with admittedly sparse data, a research team led by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has estimated the global death toll from the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic at more than 284,000, about 15 times the number of laboratory-confirmed cases.

The World Health Organization (WHO) has put the number of deaths from confirmed 2009 H1N1 flu at a minimum of 18,449, but that number is regarded as well below the true total, mainly because many people who die of flu-related causes are not tested for the disease.

The study, published on Tuesday in the London-based journal Lancet Infectious Diseases, said the toll might have been even higher - as many as 579,000 people.

The original count, compiled by the World Health Organization, put the number at 18,500.

Those were only the deaths confirmed by lab testing, which the WHO itself warned was a gross underestimate because the deaths of people without access to the health system go uncounted, and because the virus is not always detectable after a victim dies.

The consensus is the actual H1N1 mortality rate was somewhere between ten (123,000) to fifteen (284,000) to even a little more than thirty times higher (579,000) than the immediate initial estimate. Part of the reason for such a broad range is that there is no scientific consensus within ANY country nor globally on diagnosing mortality from influenza-related viruses. Some groups believe only direct complications from flu-related pneumonia should count towards mortality figures, while others believe succumbing to other respiratory and heart-related underlying conditions while also sick from the flu should count (which is where the 579,000 comes from.)

Because respiratory or cardiovascular influenza-related complications can lead to death, researchers estimated both respiratory and cardiovascular deaths to reach a total global estimate of mortality. An estimated 105,700-395,600 respiratory deaths occurred, while an additional 46,000-179,900 deaths were attributed to cardiovascular complications.

The WHO, CDC and various other health organizations believe the global mortality rate from H1N1 influenza to be around 284,000 (again fifteen times higher than initial estimates.) If we apply that to the number (15 times) to laboratory criteria for diagnosis confirmed American moralities (remember - 12,469) and consider again that black Americans were just as disproportionately affected by H1N1 as we are by SARS-CoV-2, then the comment, "Oh thousands of black people were dying in a pandemic under Barack and Joe?" kind of looks a little hasty and ignorant in the light. :leon:

Lesson 4
Know what you're talking about, before your stubby fingers start bashing away on a keyboard.

Lesson 5
On a totally serious and non-snarky note, I would recommend to you (and everyone else) interested to make use of Google's time range feature to read about viruses and viral epidemics/pandemics. After your search results appear, click Tools and then Any time. Then, specific a range before January 2020. Anything from that point until now, unfortunately, is more often than not a load of biased trash. By reading about this subject before it became a ridiculous political issue, you'll be better able to discern what's accurate and what's inaccurate in current content.

Last edited:

lurker emeritus

low quantity poster
Daps
Reppin
stl (north side)
try to save the country from itself
by being the only group to overwhelmingly support the "harris administration"
and get nothing specific in return, brehs
tenor.gif

XNfQxg.gif

i'm just venting

Daps
@sosayeth I skimmed but here's what you said

American moralities (remember -12,469)

By your own words, there were 12,000 US deaths from h1n1 under Obama during that pandemic.

We're nearly at 200,000 US deaths under Trump and this pandemic is nowhere even close to being over.

Let's see

12,000 :hula: 200,000

Why gee, its hard to tell which number is worse huh

tenor.gif

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Yeah that was just a random political slip up... she actually tried to save it with that "together with Joe Biden as president"

Not the best save but not the worst either.

Of course dumb smart niccas who think they're more intelligent than the rest of us while believing that covid is a hoax, the earth is flat and nasa is full of actors will take this and run with it to prove their demented theories.

But I'm getting kinda used to folks being dumb.
I hate to be that dude but I'm about to do ot anyway.

Trump purposely said he lied about covid and if you believe black people are discriminated against you're "drinking the kool-aid". How do yall care more about an actual slip up than somebody admitting guilt.

I feel like i live in bizarro world or something sometimes.

Daps
I hate to be that dude but I'm about to do ot anyway.

Trump purposely said he lied about covid and if you believe black people are discriminated against you're "drinking the kool-aid". How do yall care more about an actual slip up than somebody admitting guilt.

I feel like i live in bizarro world or something sometimes.

we do. It's insane. Folks got more smoke for Kamala for putting at most, a couple hundred black folks in jail if that,
than they do for Trump who is responsible for the deaths of probably 70,000 or 80,000 black ppl AND COUNTING