#predictable sitcom plots

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
TV Pops hires a reformed young man with a questionable past. He believes that everyone deserves a second chance. They get along fine, and the young man is doing an excellent job at work.

Young man eventually meets Pops' daughter, and they start dating.

Pops finds out about it and forbids it.

Young man hits him with the "Oh, so I'm good enough to work for you, but I'm not good enough for your daughter, huh"......then walks out in disgust

Pops has a guilt-ridden look on his face

*Commercial break*
You been watchin' Sister, Sister on Netflix :lolbron:

Tikal

Coming thru like BLAOW
Daps
Reppin
:ahh:
TV Pops hires a reformed young man with a questionable past. He believes that everyone deserves a second chance. They get along fine, and the young man is doing an excellent job at work.

Young man hits him with the "Oh, so I'm good enough to work for you, but I'm not good enough for your daughter, huh"......then walks out in disgust

*Commercial break*

Similar to this but instead of dating the daughter of the family something valuable in the house goes missing. Naturally, the family suspects the reformed young man but in the end it turns out the neighbor borrowed it and forgot to return it. The family is guilt ridden and apologetic as the young man gives a heartwarming speech about how hard it is too not have people who believe in him

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Just remembered another plot similar to the visiting aunt:

Pops old friend from back in the day comes to visit! Pops is as happy as can be, smiling like a teenager again and reliving old memories, and best of all the kids love him instantly. He starts telling all kinds of stories bout the crazy fukkery he and pops used to get into that the kids can hardly even believe pops was capable of.

But mom is cautious and resentful, just kinda fake smiling in his face and barely hiding her contempt. Throughout the episode she keeps pestering pops about how irresponsible and shady he is but him and the kids keep blowing her off as being a wet blanket, and the homie cracks a few jokes at her laugh it all off. But eventually, it comes to light that his homie really is visiting to try to scam or mooch off on dude, and now pops has to stand up and cut his old friend off because he's passed him by while breh is in his 2nd childhood and has become a bum. And then he has to apologize to his wife for dismissing her and she's like "I get it, I get it...but y'see I'm always right :mjpls: :mjlol:"

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
Just remembered another plot similar to the visiting aunt:

Pops old friend from back in the day comes to visit! Pops is as happy as can be, smiling like a teenager again and reliving old memories, and best of all the kids love him instantly. He starts telling all kinds of stories bout the crazy fukkery he and pops used to get into that the kids can hardly even believe pops was capable of.

But mom is cautious and resentful, just kinda fake smiling in his face and barely hiding her contempt. Throughout the episode she keeps pestering pops about how irresponsible and shady he is but him and the kids keep blowing her off as being a wet blanket, and the homie cracks a few jokes at her laugh it all off. But eventually, it comes to light that his homie really is visiting to try to scam or mooch off on dude, and now pops has to stand up and cut his old friend off because he's passed him by while breh is in his 2nd childhood and has become a bum. And then he has to apologize to his wife for dismissing her and she's like "I get it, I get it...but y'see I'm always right :mjpls: :mjlol:"

This happened on The Wayans Bros.

Marlon was the wife though :laugh:

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
A character accidently smashes his sister's volcano / science project/ whatever and spends the whole episode trying to replace it.
Turns out his sister knew he can't be trusted and simply gave him a fake to teach him a lesson.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
A character accidentally eavesdrops on a conversation and only hears a small part missing all context.

To go on a date with a girl the nerd gets a makeover and acts like a cool guy, end of the episode he drops the act and finds out he was good the way he was all along. Most times he doesn't get the girl at the end anyway.

The slacker/cool character gets his responsibileness challenged. Cue a montage of them waking up early and doing difficult tasks. At end of it turns out the other person just doesn't like them and doesn't give them the job. Family sticks up for slacker/cool character

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A character hears a half a convo of his parents saying something like them sending him to a military academy.
Character goes off the rails trying to please his parents, turns out they were talking about the dog.
same premise but it sounds like someone is dying, so everyone thinks that person is dying so they're extra nice and being very giving...person ens up taking advantage of everyones kindness and eventually tells them the full context out of guilt

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Abbott Elementary just did this one: the wacky annoying character has an epiphany and becomes a responsible, mature adult, and if theyvhad a vice they gave that up too. Everything is cool at first, but they start becoming either so unbearable or so boring (or both) that the rest of the cast eventually tries to make them relapse back into their old shytty selves

b. woods

Peace
Daps
The Jamie Foxx Show too with Ice Cube and his Westside homies

That big-ass hole they made in the walls :mjlol:

Jamie: (sees the hole) Man, what's up with y'all gettin your Shawshank on?!!?! :mjtf:

Cube: Oh, it's cool, Mack 10 used to be an architect back in the hood. :myman:

Jamie: :gucci:

Mack 10: (to Jamie) You know The Forum in Inglewood? :sas1:

That's all me, homie. :wow:

:dead:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

*Commercial break*
As a father of a daughter..."Yes nikka :dahell:" :russ: