#predictable sitcom plots

TDT

All Star
Daps
Or in some Sitcoms, either with a black cast or a white cast, they have That very special episode with racism, where the antagonist is some CAC, in their first appearance of the show, that is insecure about the black character (either the main character or the token black friend) and say something racially insensitive. Then the whole school district or community gets upset, amd have a special town hall meeting. The CAC that made that remark, breaks down and say that he never meant it. Then a MLK quote or some type of liberal message about zero tolerance of racism, and the PSA of the actors themselves at the tail end of the episode, talking about how America has got to come together and end racism :martin:
Usually these episodes would end with the cast watching/listening to either MLK's I Have A Dream or the I've Been To The Mountain Top speech..

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Just remembered another plot similar to the visiting aunt:

Pops old friend from back in the day comes to visit! Pops is as happy as can be, smiling like a teenager again and reliving old memories, and best of all the kids love him instantly. He starts telling all kinds of stories bout the crazy fukkery he and pops used to get into that the kids can hardly even believe pops was capable of.

But mom is cautious and resentful, just kinda fake smiling in his face and barely hiding her contempt. Throughout the episode she keeps pestering pops about how irresponsible and shady he is but him and the kids keep blowing her off as being a wet blanket, and the homie cracks a few jokes at her laugh it all off. But eventually, it comes to light that his homie really is visiting to try to scam or mooch off on dude, and now pops has to stand up and cut his old friend off because he's passed him by while breh is in his 2nd childhood and has become a bum. And then he has to apologize to his wife for dismissing her and she's like "I get it, I get it...but y'see I'm always right :mjpls: :mjlol:"
"You kicked Uncle Ray out Dad! You're just mad we had more fun with him than with you"

Studio audience gasps

"Son.. I know you THINK Uncle Ray was cool. But the reason he could take you all those places was cause he was stealing from old folks and babies. A real man has to go to work to make a living for you and good women like your mama"

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:russ:The unpopular nerdy/loser character becomes extremely popular. And begins to hang with the popular crowd and becomes an a$$hole. To their original friend group but by the end of the episode. They quickly realizes that popularity isn’t what it seems, and that they were in the wrong.

TDT

All Star
Daps
The domestic violence-themed episode where the main cast become friends with a one-off guest character who always shows up with either a black eye or bruises..she laughs it off saying she had a accident while house-cleaning or something,then towards the end of the episode they find out the boyfriend/husband has been smacking her around for the lamest of reasons(not having dinner ready,coming home late,etc)

In some cases the episode ends with him saying that he's going to get help,or he says that he'll change but ends up going back to his old ways resulting in him getting arrested and going to jail

Last edited: