Predict the PS5/XSX Launch Prices (PS5 Confirmed "Digital Edition")

What Are Your Price Predictions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I don’t even think A Blu Ray drive costs $50 in materials.

Cant see the discless version being much cheaper.
I agree.

I think @Atsym Sknyfs is right and they will add more storage to the disc version. 50 dollars isn't worth it imo for a separate sku so you gotta give something else as a perk

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I agree.

I think @Atsym Sknyfs is right and they will add more storage to the disc version. 50 dollars isn't worth it imo for a separate sku so you gotta give something else as a perk
That’s seems weird too. Not only due to messaging/marketing but also the way they explained the SSD would need to be a specific size to work right. That’s why it’s not even 1TB to begin with.

I think they charge the same price and bundle a game with it or something:manny:

Or most likely them shyts gone only be about $30 apart.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That’s seems weird too. Not only due to messaging/marketing but also the way they explained the SSD would need to be a specific size to work right. That’s why it’s not even 1TB to begin with.

I think they charge the same price and bundle a game with it or something:manny:

If that's the case leave it at 50 apart. Guess you can almost buy a game with the difference.

Got too many ps4 disc games to go discless and I don't want some tomfoolery where they remove shyt and you can't play it no more

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

thats why i think its also a custom 2tb version ... its 864 gb actually? so what's that 1.72tb

and its weird to us.. but to the average joe or mom ... its 2tb = more storage .. but that one..

you know how many times im in the store and thats all i here . what that mean .. saleman: more storage.. customer: i want that one

we know other specs matter... they dont.. its a fake ps5 "pro" vs regular... like when they release the 12gb ps3 slim..

they feel those who buy the disk version will buy disk games .. thats why its lets storage.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If that's the case leave it at 50 apart. Guess you can almost buy a game with the difference.

Got too many ps4 disc games to go discless and I don't want some tomfoolery where they remove shyt and you can't play it no more
Sony would be playing themselves at $50 a part. They don’t save that much by removing the drive, they’d be loosing money. Unless they calculate that it’s worth it since you’d be stuck buying all your games from PSN.

I told y’all to leave them discs alone a long time ago.:scust:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
honestly for me... if it was
499 for drive and 1tb or diskless and 2tb .... im getting diskless....
im at the point in life when im far to busy to go to stores that much just for games... dont need physical that bad

they need to fully utilize the demo feature... 1 hr gameplay and then you buy the unlock code.. or you can play with no saving

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sony would be playing themselves at $50 a part. They don’t save that much by removing the drive, they’d be loosing money. Unless they calculate that it’s worth it since you’d be stuck buying all your games from PSN.

I told y’all to leave them discs alone a long time ago.:scust:

I buy mostly digital now since my son's have their own ps4.

30 dollars difference ain't shyt and is dumb imo.

Guess we'll see

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Except disc and digital both use the same storage and are stored and played from the hard drive

once again ... We ARE NOT their customer.. the 5% that know specs is not their customer... its the 60% average user.

the 16 yr old who says mom can i get a ps5... then she goes to the store and see 1tb vs 2tb for the same price.... she gonna buy the one with more storage...

its a move to get the customers to go digital...

these phones dont even have sm slots anymore... everybody just tries to buy the one with more storage

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
the OG ps3 was the last thing made for us... once they removed other OS...

i mean the damn PS4 cant stream my music and movie collection..