Predict the PS5/XSX Launch Prices (PS5 Confirmed "Digital Edition")

What Are Your Price Predictions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I stream my Spotify music thru the PS4 all the time

Movie collection you can do thru plex but you right there

i used to stream my personal mp3s on my ps3 using ps3mediaserver... i also used to for my DVD rips.... my ps3 was an extension to my HTPC setup..
we used to be able to use our personal mp3 in certain games

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I still think it’s 399/499.

It doesn’t matter that the uhd drive is not a 100 dollars on the BOM.

The BOM is reportedly around 450, per Bloomberg. Yes this is speculation but this is the only info we have to make an informed estimate.

They (allegedly) have struggled to find ways to lower the BOM to get close to 400, due to unforeseen rise in memory prices. They can’t really charge you less for less memory because the system architecture is dependent upon the embedded ssd and RAM.

The diskless SKU is most likely an attempt to get closer to that with the idea theyll take the hit on the digital version and that console will bring in more psn purchases and cut out the middle man (brick and mortar). Also psn subs as well.

so -10 (going by what folks are saying in here) for no uhd drive, that’s 440.

The ps4 was said to only have made 18 dollars profit in its first year of sales, going with the then reported 381 BOM. This was before psn subs and the store really took off. The PlayStation user base has grown substantially since 2013.

you really think they can’t eat 40 bucks up front ( on the diskless version) if they KNOW you have to buy directly from their store front?

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I still think it’s 399/499.

It doesn’t matter that the uhd drive is not a 100 dollars on the BOM.

The BOM is reportedly around 450, per Bloomberg. Yes this is speculation but this is the only info we have to make an informed estimate.

They (allegedly) have struggled to find ways to lower the BOM to get close to 400, due to unforeseen rise in memory prices. They can’t really charge you less for less memory because the system architecture is dependent upon the embedded ssd and RAM.

The diskless SKU is most likely an attempt to get closer to that with the idea theyll take the hit on the digital version and that console will bring in more psn purchases and cut out the middle man (brick and mortar). Also psn subs as well.

so -10 (going by what folks are saying in here) for no uhd drive, that’s 440.

The ps4 was said to only have made 18 dollars profit in its first year of sales, going with the then reported 381 BOM. This was before psn subs and the store really took off. The PlayStation user base has grown substantially since 2013.

you really think they can’t eat 40 bucks up front ( on the diskless version) if they KNOW you have to buy directly from their store front?

:ohhh: @bolded

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
You end up losing money in the long run with a disc-less PS5. The PS store sales suck and the prices don't change that much. I usually buy a game and beat it in 1-2 weeks, then sell it on Ebay for $30-50.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
amazon france leaked the price of disc version ps5.

EaeF14QWsAAkOFC

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
if we really looking at a 150 dollar difference, it has to be more than just that disc drive

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Not seeing that $399 price range but I'd love to be proven wrong. I think people are assuming that they can sell it a loss but they could be selling it a loss at $499 already. If they switch the SSD to a cheaper one in the digital model than I could see it getting closer to that price.

I think if we were looking at a $399 price, they would've already announced it. Furthermore, I think they know people will buy it $449 so I'm not sure they have much incentive to try and get lower than that.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to do some shyt like sell it at $429 though. The fact that they have 2 SKUs makes me want them to just go all in on the disc version and just put a 2TB storage in there though. But I don't know if that particular SSD supports that size.

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Not seeing that $399 price range but I'd love to be proven wrong. I think people are assuming that they can sell it a loss but they could be selling it a loss at $499 already. If they switch the SSD to a cheaper one in the digital model than I could see it getting closer to that price.

I think if we were looking at a $399 price, they would've already announced it. Furthermore, I think they know people will buy it $449 so I'm not sure they have much incentive to try and get lower than that.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to do some shyt like sell it at $429 though. The fact that they have 2 SKUs makes me want them to just go all in on the disc version and just put a 2TB storage in there though. But I don't know if that particular SSD supports that size.
If they go to a cheaper SSD in the Digital version then that would defeat the purpose of their SSD hype train because the cheaper one would probably be slower, unless they go for less capacity, defeating the purpose of a Digital version anyway :russ:. They've either gotta be taking a good hit on it, or they're going to give a higher capacity drive and keep it at the same price as the Standard. I'm not sure any other pricing strategy makes a ton of sense, unless they intend on more people getting a slightly cheaper Digital, and just don't manufacture as many Standards.

Thinking about that second Xbox, it might come in at the current One S price, One S gets discontinued, One X probably a 12-18 months after that... Yeah I could see Series S at 299, Series X at 449 or 499. That leaves a relatively attractively priced console for people who don't have one or aren't concerned with 12K/288FPS, and a still reasonably priced console for the rest. With both of those pricing models, the regular person is going to really have to want a PS5 to get it over the Xbox, doubly so if Xbox comes in at 449 and PS5 is at 499.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps