Predict the PS5/XSX Launch Prices (PS5 Confirmed "Digital Edition")

What Are Your Price Predictions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
I think the 3080 will drop around November this year 3070 and 3080 and 3080 ti in super limited quantities (buy quick as resell value will probably be insane..)

3060 will be around every where I bet.

I think people are trying to compare it to a 2080 instead of a 2070 because its AMD and more comparable to a 5700 rx but AMD is notorious for having a bunch of higher numbers than nVidia and be less performing. Its always been that way. It will definitely be on a par with a 2070 and thats great.

These are probably the best overall value for next gen consoles that have released so far. The Ps4 and xbox1 were so far behind PC's by time of release it was embarassing. These new consoles on release day will probably out perform majority of people PC's as most people aren't running 1440p/60 fps (if thats what the games are aiming for). the current high end pc's which is the exception not the rule, already out perform the next gen consoles but this is first time in history I think the consoles will out perform the average person PC, until about 2022
I wonder how much those cards will cost.

My monitor is 2560x1440. I got the 2070 and most games run pretty damn good. 1440 100fps plus on high most of time. I wish console gamers would focus on fluidity like PC gamers do. They keep pushing resolution at the expense of frame rate. Where since I've become a PC gamer all anyone cares about on this side is frames. Most people play MP games on 1080p monitors still so they can get 240 frames etc.

If console side would accept that 2560x1440 looks fine they may come to appreciate fluidity over marketing buzz words for resolution. I'd rather play at 1440 144 fps with 144hz refresh rate than 4k 30 frames, or even 60 frames.

it'd be nice if these new consoles started including graphics options to the degree of PC. Want to turn ray tracing off and get 25 more fps? go ahead, etc.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I wish console gamers would focus on fluidity like PC gamers do.
its a strange thing to me :mjlol: consoles seem to be chasing this 4k / 60 fps bench mark and every time a game comes out with good graphics they tag pc posters in it on some "SEE WE GOT GREAT GRAPHICS TOO" but they have to know by now, 20 years later, while PC's definitely have the power to do whatever at this point (8k :lolbron:) the majority of PC gamers focus on game fluidity.. 144 hz and 240 hz monitors are very common now.. The most popular games, Counter Strike, World of Warcraft, league of legends and now Valorant, are nothing to write home about graphic wise :bryan: shyt the pro gamers actually turn most FPS settings down to low to increase their FPS to 200-300 :bryan:

its a weird obsession BUT I do think these consoles will be capable of 4k / 30 fps on single player games and those games like Tomb Raider and Uncharted and Last Of Us 2 will :wow: them and thats good for them

it'd be nice if these new consoles started including graphics options to the degree of PC. Want to turn ray tracing off and get 25 more fps? go ahead, etc.

im sure you could find posts of me saying this when PS4 and xbox 1 released, ive always said this but :manny:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
its a strange thing to me :mjlol: consoles seem to be chasing this 4k / 60 fps bench mark and every time a game comes out with good graphics they tag pc posters in it on some "SEE WE GOT GREAT GRAPHICS TOO" but they have to know by now, 20 years later, while PC's definitely have the power to do whatever at this point (8k :lolbron:) the majority of PC gamers focus on game fluidity.. 144 hz and 240 hz monitors are very common now.. The most popular games, Counter Strike, World of Warcraft, league of legends and now Valorant, are nothing to write home about graphic wise :bryan: shyt the pro gamers actually turn most FPS settings down to low to increase their FPS to 200-300 :bryan:

its a weird obsession BUT I do think these consoles will be capable of 4k / 30 fps on single player games and those games like Tomb Raider and Uncharted and Last Of Us 2 will :wow: them and thats good for them

im sure you could find posts of me saying this when PS4 and xbox 1 released, ive always said this but :manny:
That's what Im saying. Like a single player game like god of war or whatever. I can deal with that pushing fidelity over fluidity. Play the game like a movie.

But a game like Valorant (the framerate I get in this game is INSANE) , or Apex, or CS, etc. Responsiveness and frames, once you experience it, should be priority. Games could've been locked at 60fps on console all last gen if they wanted. But dev's will continue to squeeze everything they can as long as 25-30fps is accepted.

I'll be honest the best I experienced before building my PC was 60fps, games like MGS HD collection and TLOU remastered etc. They felt fluid.

But when you play something at 144hz 144 frames, it's like OMG. I have not experienced 240 on refresh rate or frames but imagine the higher you go the less noticeable it is. But the difference between 60 and 144 is just crazy. Also the response time's on the monitors compared to the TVs most people play on :wow:.

I'll always buy Sonys consoles cause I love their 1st party games, but I don't think I'll play shooters on console again.:hubie:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
That's what Im saying. Like a single player game like god of war or whatever. I can deal with that pushing fidelity over fluidity. Play the game like a movie.

But a game like Valorant, or Apex, or CS, etc. Responsiveness and frames, once you experience it, should be priority. Games could've been locked at 60fps on console all last gen if they wanted. But dev's will continue to squeeze everything they can as long as 25-30fps is accepted.

I'll be honest the best I experienced before building my PC was 60fps, games like MGS HD collection and TLOU remastered etc. They felt fluid.

But when you play something at 144hz 144 frames, it's like OMG. I have not experienced 240 on refresh rate or frames but imagine the higher you go the less noticeable it is. The the difference between 60 and 144 is just crazy. Also the response time's on the monitors compared to the TVs most people play on :wow:.

I'll always buy Sonys consoles cause I love their 1st party games, but I don't think I'll play shooters on console again.:hubie:

I have an older computer now but even then when Diablo 3 drops below 120 FPS im :hhh:

I will be building a 10900k, 3080 RTX build for christmas for myself this year as long as I dont get side tracked like when the 2080 came out

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Sony got a digital edition. Business has just picked up :ohhh:

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Here in the UK, there was an Amazon pre sale post now taken down. It had the PS5 on sale for for £599

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
With the release of 2 SKU's, I'm thinking the premium one may be higher than $499 :patrice:

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
I see people saying Sony announced LockHart before Microsoft, but LockHart isn’t just an only digital console, right?
It’s weaker than the Series X, right?